Sponsored by:

New P1.....last nine in the country

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2001, 05:19 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi Guys......Just come back from Antony Betts in Milton Keynes where the salesman informed me that they had just bought the last 9 P1's.....They are going to sell them for 30k.....is it a good buy guys???????
Cheers
colin
Old 14 May 2001, 05:49 PM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Not really, Tileys just had a pre reg P1 in for £26.5k

I've heard rumours that theres approx 120 cars left?
Old 14 May 2001, 05:53 PM
Andrew O'Hara
Scooby Regular

Scoob99,

Try Lavender Hill Garage 020 8363 3456, ask for David Medcalf. Will be cheaper than £30K
Old 14 May 2001, 06:06 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Don't ****** his hand off, unless it incorporates an over book offer, you should get one at that price anywere, well at least half a dozen places.

Or is it a "cash deal"?

Oh & yet another dealer that's managed to buy the last one.

Well everyone says they've nearly all gone, but whilst we've heard that a number of times before it may have some substance this time.

But before anyone gets carried away, consider the impact on Banbury stock of the recent "demo" incentives - and a rule that dealers have to register a P1 to have access to unregistered product. That will clear over one hunderd.

Also at least three dealers claim to have six cars new cars, so all that seems to have happened is they've been moved from a field in the midlands and dispersed around the country.

So, if they don't seduce the market by this Last Opportunity To Buy initiative, what will the dealers do about their cashflow.

On the other hand, the ploy may be working as I'm told IM have now removed their discount. Another few months and it may be possible to asks the quoted retail price

Old 14 May 2001, 07:36 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loads left man - that is all salesman talk ... come and buy, they wont be around for long, quick, quick, hurry, hurry!! what bollox!! Its like the tories - 18 years and they did diddly squat, then they say-lets have another go!! P1's havent sold cos thay are way too expensive and £30,000 isnt going to shift them either

Everyone with any sense is awaiting the 2002 WRX - watch the P1 prices then!!

How many garages have unsold, registered P1's?? BIG booooooooby by Subaru. Take them all back, make it a proper saloon like the RB5 with 4 doors, put a decent sound system in, and market it for £24,000 - should interest some then?

Lets get the fireworks going again its been too boring for too long

Pete
Old 14 May 2001, 07:55 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

If they are all now sold, we should see the UK300 released in a week or so. Guessing that IM were waiting to shift them first.

Pete Oh wise one, should I buy a UK300, or stay clear. I would appreciate your words of wisdom ?

Jonathan
Old 14 May 2001, 08:03 PM
Karlos
Scooby Regular

Excuse my ignorance, but whats a UK300?

Karlos

Trending Topics

Old 14 May 2001, 08:12 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

You're excused Karlos, it's the latest limited edition. If they followed the tradition and used names instead of a number there'd be no confusion.

But to do that they would need to win something again. Here's a free hint for the marketing boys (J D) Power44
Old 14 May 2001, 08:16 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Hmm, just noticed a thing about the special edition names (forgive me, I'm slow)...

Other special editions have been to celebrate rally successes...

I'd love a P1. I really, really would. *sigh*. But would I love an STI VII wagon even more?

Another pointless post from me. I thank you.

Nick.
Old 14 May 2001, 08:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Chins - oh rich one - buy whatever you like (just tell me so I can avoid it - you aint too smart at buying good cars are you - you always want to change 'em!!)

Pete

Old 14 May 2001, 09:20 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Hey Pete

Speaking of smart. Is it true you changed your allegiance, cos the local dealership wanted to charge you for the underseal and then asked wheather you wanted it sprayed on the top or the bottom
Old 14 May 2001, 09:47 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

You do talk a load of dribble Banshi!!

Pete
Old 14 May 2001, 10:40 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

The P1 at Tiley's priced at £26,495 was a mistake. The price next day was £28,500 and this was not a new one. Tiley's have only one left now and thats for SteveB, that's if Jackie will let him have it.
Old 14 May 2001, 10:41 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

Pete

So my other idea of a 5 door UK Impreza Turbo is not a good idea ?. Just as I thought I'd cracked the car buying lark

Jonathan
Old 15 May 2001, 12:30 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Karlos:
<B>Excuse my ignorance, but whats a UK300?

Karlos[/quote]

A Prodrive'd version of the MY01 Impreza. It will be a limited edition. Which means Prodrive will make about 4000...

Old 15 May 2001, 09:47 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by bob:
<B>Tiley's have only one left now [/quote]
Not according to the sales team!
Usual mixture of fact and fiction.

Old 15 May 2001, 11:43 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Its really funny seeing all those who made the mistake of buying a P1 at silly money shouting and squealing that they are in such demand, they cant sell 1000, thats NOT a lot you know?? for a car thats rated as sooooooo good ... they are having an awful trouble selling 'em.

I can understand the people who bought getting caught up in the hype, thinking that they were buying a piece of gold which will not slip in price. They in fact have bought a market stall trinket. All that glitters and all that ......................

Pete
Old 15 May 2001, 01:46 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Squizz
Old 15 May 2001, 08:03 PM
HAPPY
Scooby Regular

well i bought a P1!

i'm very happy with it.what mistake did i make then?
Old 15 May 2001, 08:25 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Scoob99 Try the dealer at Ashburton Devon they seem pretty straight. If there's none left why do i keep seeing full page ads in Autosport etc there not cheap. Have you had one on its roof pslewis
Old 15 May 2001, 09:07 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sasman......Cheers for that........no P.S. Lewis has no *****......so the chances of him putting one on it's roof is very slim
Old 15 May 2001, 09:25 PM
Secret Squirrel
Scooby Regular

Cool

Does it really matter how many may or may not be still available, pre-reg, dealer reg or what? As long as it was truly a limited edition, to 1000, and they're not still churning them out, it's a classic in the making. I've just got one, paid £30k, got above book on the Impreza trade-in and I'm very happy with it .....I love it I does!

Still curious though to know the 'real story'. I wanted a P1 when I bought the Impreza last year to be told they were all sold against orders; then same dealer suddenly has two in April - story I got was that it was due to cancelled orders arising from bored customers waiting for Prodrive to sort out the rear wing supply problems. Their loss, my gain! After all, we'd soon moan even more if they were that sought after and rare that the price was OVER list!

Old 15 May 2001, 11:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Quite right - I havent put one on its roof - is that supposed to be clever and big then Postman ****????

Pete
Old 16 May 2001, 12:03 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

Pete......My old fruit didn't take you long to bite the bait did it....
Old 16 May 2001, 12:17 AM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Talking

I just ordered 22 P1's for delivery next week? They wanted $10 each, I say $10 to much!
Old 16 May 2001, 02:41 AM
matt d
Scooby Regular

There's a P1 for sale for £25k in this month's Evo.

As for value, compared to a standard old model scoob 1 year old at about £16k, paying 70-80% more doesn't get you 70% more car IMO. That's why you shouldn't expect very good residuals, esp not from list (don't pay it!) or even £30k. But it is better, and if you aren't bothered about shelling out the extra cash for extra performance, get one coz you'll love it! If you want a great performance car for £25-30k, the Evo VI/VII is the only genuine competitor IMO (and considered better by some), but it'll rattle your fillings and be careful not to go more than 150 miles from a petrol station After that it's £38k and a big waiting list for the new M3.

As for the dealer talk, it sounds a lot like typical sales BS to me. Luckily my dealer was pretty straightforward & has dealt with any problems promptly and in a friendly manner, unlike some stories I've heard (e.g. pslewis). But from what I've heard others have been told tall tales, and it's definitely put me off buying another Subaru in future (although I like my current car and won't sell it for a good 5 years or so).

That Pagani Zonda C12S looks pretty tasty, & should at least solve the "where do I go from an Impreza/Evo" argument pretty convincingly
Old 16 May 2001, 03:00 AM
sasman
Scooby Regular

It would explain why Banshi thought you wanted the roof undersealed. Raced a bit and always used number 11 made commentators life less difficult, not big or clever just disorientating
Old 16 May 2001, 09:18 AM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Why, oh why do dealers come out with these tall tales...? Anyone with half a brain can see straight through them...

When I was buying my MY00 last September, I went along to a major Worcs dealer. I was told that the MY00 was in very short supply. However it was my lucky day as a company order had just been cancelled and I could have my chosen colour the following week... I haven't been back to that particular garage since that day preferring a garage 50 miles away who at least don't come out with porkies...
Old 16 May 2001, 09:49 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Dealers extending the truth is nothing new - even from Subaru dealers. I first bought an Impreza in 1997 and I was told minimum wait was 6 months - nothing unsold in the country. Amazingly when I said I was a cash buyer B+C had a cancelled order from a company...1999 Cheam motors suddenly found a car available out of the blue...

P1's unfortunately have always been overpriced and now just look plain stupid compared to the European import prices. A few modifications make the performance difference small. All you IT people who change cars every 6 months are gonna lose big time - it's a great car though so as Banshi says, if you are happy just enjoy it.
Old 16 May 2001, 11:08 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by TRIGGER:
[B]Dealers extending the truth is nothing new - even from Subaru dealers. B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too purchased my car from Bell & Colvill and when I enquired about waiting lists I was told the current waiting list was 4 months (Bear in mind this was March 2000!!) Although strangely enough due to a cancelled order there just happened to be a DBM car available in 2 weeks!!

Similar sort of thing happens when you buy houses and second hand cars, there is always somebody else who looked at it earlier and is very interested!

First rule is never believe anything car salesmen/estate agents say

Quick Reply: New P1.....last nine in the country