Just joined and looking for Info

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2015, 07:59 PM
Izanagi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just joined and looking for Info

Hey Folks

Currently I drive a 1999 Honda Accord Type R. Wife and I are expecting our first child and along with that we have our dog. So im considering a bigger and better car and Im set on gettin a Scooby always had Honda (bit of a fan boy to be honest) and thats the only cars I really know about hence why Im here.

Anyways on to the quiery. A couple of Scoobys have caught my eye and they are Forester Sti and the Legacy gt spec B (estate). Possibly an impreza wagon but they seem a tad small for my liking.

The forester sti and legacy seem to go for roughly the same price on fresh imports so im just wondering if you guys can share you thoughts and experince of them. The legacy seems like the more comfortable daily driver and the forester seems like it could be the one for having a hoot although the legacy does come with 280 so i doubt it would be a sloch.

Any advice/info is appreciated
Old 20 November 2015, 08:19 PM
IanG1983
Scooby Regular

I have a newage wagon, can get a pram and Moses basket in the boot with ease, two collies are also no issue. Pushchair and dogs at the same time isn't going to happen, but I couldn't even do that in my A6 Avant
Old 20 November 2015, 09:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice Mondeo estate......
Old 20 November 2015, 09:34 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Nice motors IMO I'd have a forester sti all day I don't see many knocking about neither
Old 20 November 2015, 09:35 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts
Default WELCOME

We're my manners bro welcome to scoobynet
Old 20 November 2015, 10:15 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Welcome. I`ve had a Forester xt, a legacy and now a blob wagon; the spec b would be more refined; it`s handling is more progressive, but a real Q car. There isn't a huge amount of room in any of them, and not much between the Fozzy and Leggy. The Fozzy IS sti, but then again it`s got the suspect 2.5l; just seen one being rebuilt at Subaru4u. The Legacy would be the subtle choice, Fozzy a bit more shouty.
Old 20 November 2015, 10:16 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

If you go the Legacy route, get the facelift 2006 onwards model.

Trending Topics

Old 21 November 2015, 08:17 AM
Izanagi
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Welcome. I`ve had a Forester xt, a legacy and now a blob wagon; the spec b would be more refined; it`s handling is more progressive, but a real Q car. There isn't a huge amount of room in any of them, and not much between the Fozzy and Leggy. The Fozzy IS sti, but then again it`s got the suspect 2.5l; just seen one being rebuilt at Subaru4u. The Legacy would be the subtle choice, Fozzy a bit more shouty.
A few searches on google have shown threads people saying the 2.5 can be problematic which is a little off putting
Old 21 November 2015, 09:05 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The only difference between the forester and the wagon is the roof line as they both share the same floor pan as the Impreza.

I have had both and currently have a Wrx wagon which is my personal preference, also has the benefit of being more reliable than the 2.5L and half the price of an STI as well as being much better on fuel too.

I do like the Forester STI but it's a bridge too far for me considering cost and the way I'd be treating it.
Old 21 November 2015, 03:40 PM
Izanagi
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
The only difference between the forester and the wagon is the roof line as they both share the same floor pan as the Impreza.

I have had both and currently have a Wrx wagon which is my personal preference, also has the benefit of being more reliable than the 2.5L and half the price of an STI as well as being much better on fuel too.

I do like the Forester STI but it's a bridge too far for me considering cost and the way I'd be treating it.
Yeah ive noticed they go for a decent price its the 2.0 in them yeah? What power do they put out? I keep driving.past one at a local garage thats a mint kind of colour which is quite nice. I reckon it would be nice getting a cheaper car thats just as good I reckon.