Sponsored by:

What's it worth? V1 wrx ra

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2015, 05:27 AM
Russell Hector
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's it worth? V1 wrx ra

Hi all I've aquired a version 1 wrx type ra. The car is currently minus a engine. But is extremely clean. I've not been able to find many to compare the price too. But a good friend of mine has a ej20 cdb for sale for £500, I can get it fitted for around £400, and with £400 spent on paint the car would be like prestine condition with 68kish on the clock.

What's everyone's opinions on what she's worth, both as a complete car minus the engine, and also fully built up to origional spec with 12 months mot.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Here's a pic for reference, although if I sell as a complete car I will probably swap the alloys for some nicer looking ones

Name:  6401C615-53A1-4748-8BED-898AC0B9C804.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  79.1 KB

Name:  9E94D32B-5E75-40F4-B5D1-91ED8A88E4C6.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  112.4 KB

Thanks guys
Old 11 November 2015, 06:17 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A good one with history mint and tidy anywhere between £4/6k, just depends how long you're willing to wait and how bad someone wants one.

That said the higher end of that scale is usually accompanied by some history a few goodies, ie decent brakes, tyres and remap for UK fuel.

Looking like it does, with no info about history and the prospect of an unknown engine it's not really going to command the sort of money you're asking for it, even tarted up a bit some may be put off.

It's not what I would call much of an earner, more a do it up nice and keeper for someone that wants a bit of a project and to get someone to bite you need to drop your price to the £1500 region, then the numbers start to add up a little better for prospective buyers.

Oh and if you think my price is low, it's the little things that add up, oil, fuel filters, fuel pump, cambelt kit, clutch, gaskets, what turbo, injectors, new seals, little bits and bobs here and there, sorting the brakes out, fresh tyres, before you know it you've spent £3k and that's before any mapping / dyno run heath checks.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 11 November 2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11 November 2015, 06:27 AM
Russell Hector
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info, I have it up for £1500 so that's not bad.

The engine I might buy isn't unknown, it's from my best friend who owned the car for years , so it's a good lump for sure. But the car is lacking service history at the mo, I will chase up the previous owner for it
Old 11 November 2015, 06:43 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Well that sounds a little better, it really does depend what's missing and what needs changing for peace of mind as well as what you may as well do while the engine is out, like cambelt and clutch.

Who knows you may just be able to drop an engine in with an old clutch, fire it up and get away with it, especially if the person is only going to potter about in it, it may last a few thousand miles, or be an absolute corker and take all sorts of abuse for 50k miles, or become a total money pit.

That's Subarus for ya.
Old 11 November 2015, 06:48 AM
Russell Hector
Scooby Regular

Yeah too right mate. I've been lucky with my classics so far, had 6 now in total. And only ever lost a Aux belt on one of them, but I know plenty of people who have had their problems.

To be honest if I can get around £4k for it all built up, then il probably do that and sit on her till I get what I want for her. It's not gonna go down in value , and it'll keep the Mrs happy if I advertise it, plus I might get to keep it too, bonus lol
Old 11 November 2015, 06:59 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

If money is not an issue I would be inclined to do just that, build it up over time , run it a bit and get some history behind it to show it's a good un, then in a couple of years it will be worth a few more quid and you'll have had the joy of ownership in the meantime.

Body looks to be pretty reasonable, nothing too serious that a bit of paint won't cure, considering the age of the car it looks like it's in good condition.
Old 11 November 2015, 07:06 AM
Russell Hector
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your help. I currently have 3 other classics, so this one won't be used much I imagine. Il probably build it and then advertise it on eBay, piston heads etc.

The pics really don't do the car any justice. With £400 on paint she'll be like brand new again. I will get some better pics done . I think the previous owner keeping it off the road for so long , has preserved it really well