Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2015, 08:25 PM
Vatosbart
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX blobeye, Transformed to FULL STI

Hey guys,

YEEEES me again,

as you guys might know, i have been looking for a subaru for a while and have been visiting alot of them.

Today, actually a couple of hours ago i visited a 2003/4 WRX blobeye,

only this one was engine swapped (actually EVERYTHING was swapped) with a 2.0 STI engine with 120k KM's.

It also has a non DCCD 6 gear STI box and a fully original STI interior, STI brembo brakes, full sti body, and a brand new Mitsubitshi TD-05 18 turbo.

also a walbro fuell pump, 1000cc injectors, apexi filter, Full Invidia 3" System and tein coilovers.

The guy bassicly bought everything brand new.

seriously this car looks so ****ing sweet and so damn clean its amazing.

it runs around 400hp and is mapped by one of the most respectable mappers in the country.

The maintenance is done also by a very if not the most respectable garage in the country.

the engine bay looks so clean and sweet, it runs great, it drove great it felt great, the oil was looking good and all.

But ofcourse i have some questions,

If ill take it i will use it as a daily driver.

it has around 400hp, will this setup be safe driving this as a daily?

Also another problem is, he cant prove the milage of the engine because the original cluster has 160k on it but thats from the body and the previous engine.

although he seemed to me as a good guy, i met him at his fammily business ( the guy's dad owns his own transport bussiness) and i have met his girl and his dad. they were all very nice and we had a nice chat and a laugh and i think he was honest to me, as i think he had no reason for lying as money is no object for him.

the reason of selling is because he is trading sport for a mixture of luxourity and performance, he is going to buy a CLA 45 AMG ( 50-60k euro's!!!!)

so as you can see, money is no object for the guy...

basicly i just want to hear you guys out and want to know your opinions about this.

the price is actually really fair because its not a "Real" Sti.

i will upload some pics.

again, sorry for the bad english and you guys can probably see im excited about this one! =D

Old 18 August 2015, 09:01 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Looks very nice. Does have bug sti seats tho. What price is it up for?
Old 18 August 2015, 09:01 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the price?
Old 18 August 2015, 09:04 PM
Vatosbart
Scooby Regular

well, you must consider the prices here are way higher then in the UK.

but its for sale for around 9.3k pounds.

wich is what they dare to ask for normal WRX's in here in worse state.
Old 18 August 2015, 09:11 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Give me Ģ11k for my genuine blob sti and I'll drive it to the Netherlands for ya
Old 18 August 2015, 09:26 PM
Vatosbart
Scooby Regular

apart from the price, because the price is good for me. what do you guys think about the car and the fact it will be a daily driver to me?
Old 20 August 2015, 10:25 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Did you take it for a drive? If you think thats expensive watch this video. Malta imports cars from the UK as they can sell them for double what they sell here.

Old 20 August 2015, 12:06 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Hi mate. Your English is very good, in fact it's far superior than many on here.

It appears to have had some serious modification & money spent on her. I'm not sure on prices in your country however over in the UK this would be considered as a rather expensive wrx (sti rep) albeit its a full conversion.
The mileage is very high (on the shell) & with no documentation on how many miles the sti engine has covered. This is something you would have to consider when it comes time to resell... For me personally I wouldn't want something with such high miles.

On the face of it, she looks like a very nice car with some choice mods. I also see it has the JDM sweeping clocks?! Looks nice

Have you considered purchasing a vehicle from the UK? You would get far more car for your money? Although I think the steering wheel is on the wrong side for you?!

At the end of the day, it's your money & your choice. Just make sure you buy with your head & not your heart. If you like the car & it is a well cared for example then go for it.
Old 20 August 2015, 12:14 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

1000cc injectors lol
Old 20 August 2015, 12:15 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

hows does the mods effect the price of insurance over there ?
Old 20 August 2015, 12:46 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

lovely looking motor
Old 20 August 2015, 10:09 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a lot of bhp from a pint sized turbo, and the 1,000cc injectors are 'somewhat excessive' too! Looks ok though, but the price of conversion must have been far greater than selling the the WRX and buying a genuine Sti.
Old 20 August 2015, 11:56 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If cost was no option for this guy, why did he spend a shed load of cash making a WRX into an STi when he could have bought the real thing from the start?
Old 21 August 2015, 02:47 PM
south
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Steve001
If cost was no option for this guy, why did he spend a shed load of cash making a WRX into an STi when he could have bought the real thing from the start?
^ Or even halfway though the modification realise the same.
Old 21 August 2015, 10:46 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

As above, and with no proof of mileage, I would keep looking.
Old 11 September 2015, 10:47 PM
Vatosbart
Scooby Regular

Hey guys, me again. thanks for the comments. sorry for my late respond.

I did call the guy where he bought the engine from, the guy is pretty well known in the subaru world here in the netherlands. The guy confirmed that te milage on the engine was as low as around 100k KMīs when he sold it to him, and confirmed the guy im buying the subaru from didnt drive it alot as it was his weekend car.

Yet the chassis has 160k kmīs. but it still looks pretty damn good.

`Why didnt he buy a full STI`

Good question, i dont really know, all i know is he had a Mercedes CLA on the side as daily and has now purchased a Mercedes CLA 45 AMG.

maybe at the time he did not have that much money and just liked to mod the car to his own likes + having a WRX in insurance is a lot cheaper then an STI.

But, good question, and i cant really say for sure.

Anyway, i did a front payment because i really want it.
i took it for another drive and drove great again. everything worked as supposed.

The only thing that was off, but stated before is that because he does not drive it that much he disconnects the battery. and after connecting it again the engine sometimes goes from idle to very low rpm but it does not go off or fall still. after a bit of driving this is gone, its probablyt because of the ecu that has to kinda "Re-learn" right?

other then that, i trust this guy and the guys/garages where he modded the subaru.
they all say its a great car. wich i agree in.

thanks for the reply's guys, will let you know further details.
Old 11 September 2015, 10:56 PM
Vatosbart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by serpico
Hi mate. Your English is very good, in fact it's far superior than many on here.

It appears to have had some serious modification & money spent on her. I'm not sure on prices in your country however over in the UK this would be considered as a rather expensive wrx (sti rep) albeit its a full conversion.
The mileage is very high (on the shell) & with no documentation on how many miles the sti engine has covered. This is something you would have to consider when it comes time to resell... For me personally I wouldn't want something with such high miles.

On the face of it, she looks like a very nice car with some choice mods. I also see it has the JDM sweeping clocks?! Looks nice

Have you considered purchasing a vehicle from the UK? You would get far more car for your money? Although I think the steering wheel is on the wrong side for you?!

At the end of the day, it's your money & your choice. Just make sure you buy with your head & not your heart. If you like the car & it is a well cared for example then go for it.

BTW, thanks for the info mate i appreciate it!

Though, 120k KM's isnt that much right? its around 75k miles.

or do you still think its alot?

and ye i have been looking for UK cars, but indeed the wheel is on the wrong side wich is not a big problem for driving but i have had 2 cars now with RHD and i want to go back to LHD because i drive my car into a garage everyday and its just easier and way easier to sell here.

thanks!