Sponsored by:

Been and gone and done it"

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2000, 07:48 AM
PaulL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Ordered my Scoobysport exhaust on Friday... counting down the days 'til delivery

Quick question. Checked with my insurance company (Admiral) about it. They said there was no problem and no extra premium, except that the exhaust itself would be excluded from the policy. ie. if the car was nicked, they wouldn't payout for the exhaust.
Is this normal?

Paul L
Old 24 January 2000, 08:09 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Heard of this before. If you want to cover the exhaust, need to pay additional premium.

Cheers

D
Old 24 January 2000, 10:58 AM
DavidG
Scooby Regular

Paul - yes, it's normal. There was a recent thread about insurance and modifications where someone said his insurance co would cover like for like. Hopefully they'll jump in and let you know.
Old 24 January 2000, 11:02 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Yep, Privilege cover like for like and one other company somebody else mentioned does as well, Admiral do not, they will replace your exhaust with the standard Impreza part. This is standard practice for most of the insurance companies out there, although some will offer Like for like, if you pay a premium on top of the standard policy cover.
Old 24 January 2000, 11:18 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Wink

Greenlight have all my mod's listed (every single one) and often don't charge for mod's but work on a like for like replacement scheme.

Some mod's may incur additional charges but they don't turn cars down based on the mod's made. I am happy though, knowing that if may car goes, it will be replaced with one with exactly the same spec.

Not sure if that actually helps at all?

Mike.
Old 24 January 2000, 11:31 AM
PaulL
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the help/advice guys. I'll make an enquiry as to how much extra I'd need to pay to cover it... may be worth it if its not too much.

On another front, I'm not going to name dealers here because I don't want to get anyone into trouble, but I phoned/drove round a few and got the following opinion with regard to the warranty issue:

As far as they were concerned it wouldn't effect the warranty - they'd seen the Scoobysport exhaust and thought it was of excellent quality. Several of their customers had them and none had had problems.
However, if there ever was a problem in the engine/exhaust area, I should just... (and they wouldn't be quoted on this next bit ...) remove the Scoobysport and stick the original back on whilst the car was in for warranty repair.

Paul L