Sponsored by:

Hurst cars

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2015, 07:28 PM
scotty75
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hurst cars

You all prob don't want to hear but what are they like to buy from as looking to buy a scooby for the wife .
Old 03 June 2015, 07:36 PM
Deanamoore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought one of my imprezas off max couldn't fault him,or his stock.his cars are top notch.some say a little over priced.i say you get what you pay for an mine was awesome example.he has a good rep on here,only one of a few traders I would buy from.
Old 03 June 2015, 08:26 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Never bought off him, but has a decent rep...its hard to keep a decent rep in the Scooby world, so it probably means a damn good reputation
Old 03 June 2015, 08:35 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought my jdm hawk off max, wouldt hesitate to buy from him again... Great selection of cars and a very honest man aswell

Gets the thumbs up from me

Martin
Old 04 June 2015, 12:36 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

YHPM
Old 04 June 2015, 07:56 AM
Northernnick
Scooby Regular

I'm sure my experience will be shared by Tidgey also.
If not, pm me.
Old 04 June 2015, 08:19 AM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Why PM experiences? Surely it's better to have them on here so we can all read?

Trending Topics

Old 04 June 2015, 08:57 AM
SouthernScooby
Scooby Regular

Brought my Blob from there. Max was in Japan at the time but was on the phone to me for 45 minutes talking me over the car the day before. Felt the price was fair and likewise wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Old 04 June 2015, 09:00 AM
Northernnick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt_STi
Maybe we don't feel they need to be shared?
Struggling to find a post in the rules that states we must provide information in a very public domain...
Old 04 June 2015, 09:04 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Northernnick
Struggling to find a post in the rules that states we must provide information in a very public domain...
If it's a genuine experience then why not share it? I find it odd that you'd pm as opposed to putting it on here. The defensive response above suggests your intentions may be less than noble. If that's not the case then I don't understand all the secrecy.
Old 04 June 2015, 09:09 AM
Northernnick
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm, less the case Maz.
More a case of just not wanting to post it in a forum.

Briefly:
My personal experience with Max himself was ok. Found him fair though after driving 2.5 hours to see the car he could have been a little more honest/thorough with his observations.
The car needed a few things he did not mention in the advert or over the phone but we spoke and the car' price was adjusted accordingly for this.
I bought the car in September and still have it to this day and love it.
Hopefully that satisfies those in the public domain.
Old 04 June 2015, 09:09 AM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Strange response, forums are for sharing information, good and bad.
Old 04 June 2015, 09:15 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Briefly:
My personal experience with Max himself was ok. Found him fair though after driving 2.5 hours to see the car he could have been a little more honest/thorough with his observations.
The car needed a few things he did not mention in the advert or over the phone but we spoke and the car' price was adjusted accordingly for this.
Are you on crack? I am sure you have benefited from experience and advice on this forum before, so why all the cloak and dagger? Good and bad reviews are always needed, its only when the bad outweigh the good, does it become a 'bad' trader..such as our friends in Cheshire, with zero good reports and 146563284747 bad ones.
Old 04 June 2015, 09:16 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Briefly:
Mate I wasn't having go. I just thought it odd to use pm. As Matt says forums are for sharing good and bad experiences. Personally I have no problem recommending Max @ Hurst Cars. A straight and honest bloke with decent cars.
Old 04 June 2015, 09:26 AM
Northernnick
Scooby Regular

Seems like a few people having a go for what is just wanting to do what you wish on a voluntary, public domain is all Maz. Ta for clearing that up 👍

My reason for not posting it is that the car had a few things needing sorting- as said above, that I believe were the previous owners doing. Max adjusted te price for this accordingly and I'm happy with the car itself.

My only gripe was that coming 2.5 hours to view a car and having to wait an hour for him to show up was a bit disappointing.
Also, the advert wasn't 'true' to the cars condition- though as I said he adjusted the price for that.
Would I buy another from him? Maybe so- if the car and price was right.
By no means is he a Cperformance style setup 😂

But if I were to buy I'd look quite carefully again.

Last edited by Northernnick; 04 June 2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04 June 2015, 10:12 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

because its all in the past and SN always kicks things off again, like is happening already
Old 04 June 2015, 10:36 AM
Tail Slider
BANNED

The cars look clean, just make sure the mileage tallies up..
Old 04 June 2015, 11:40 AM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Strange response, forums are for sharing information, good and bad.
Originally Posted by Maz
Mate I wasn't having go. I just thought it odd to use pm. As Matt says forums are for sharing good and bad experiences.
If you have had a consistently bad experience and have tried all other means to resolve the situation without success, then by all means make your grievances public.

However - many bad customer experiences are the result of a misunderstanding which is soon resolved. Most traders are honest operators, not cowboys who need naming and shaming, and even the best traders have had disgruntled customers.

Posting up a complaint only gives one side of the story. The other party then has the choice of either not responding and allowing these negative comments to exist forever without rebuttal, or to dive in and face trial by social media.

I'm sure that most traders would rather be spending time managing their businesses than having to defend themselves from forum attacks.

There is then the matter of not feeding the desires of the popcorn-munchers of which there is a small but highly vocal contingent on this very forum: folks with too much time on their hands who love to stir things up. This is not information, it's noise and it lowers the quality of the conversation for everyone else.
Old 04 June 2015, 12:23 PM
fawor
BANNED

check fresh jdm stock with Geiger counter
Old 04 June 2015, 12:42 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by plenty
If you have had a consistently bad experience and have tried all other means to resolve the situation without success, then by all means make your grievances public.

However - many bad customer experiences are the result of a misunderstanding which is soon resolved. Most traders are honest operators, not cowboys who need naming and shaming, and even the best traders have had disgruntled customers.

Posting up a complaint only gives one side of the story. The other party then has the choice of either not responding and allowing these negative comments to exist forever without rebuttal, or to dive in and face trial by social media.

I'm sure that most traders would rather be spending time managing their businesses than having to defend themselves from forum attacks.

There is then the matter of not feeding the desires of the popcorn-munchers of which there is a small but highly vocal contingent on this very forum: folks with too much time on their hands who love to stir things up. This is not information, it's noise and it lowers the quality of the conversation for everyone else.
Amen to that especially the last paragraph. Of which there's at least one example on this thread.
Old 04 June 2015, 01:04 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fawor
Another quality response from "fukwor".
Old 04 June 2015, 01:22 PM
Northernnick
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate, my thoughts EXACTLY.

Hence why my reply commenting on my experience is honest and includes the trader's rebuttal to an issue - by lowering the price to compensate
Old 04 June 2015, 02:16 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

As most know my S202 came from Max as well as a nice tidy type R before. Can honestly say I would buy from Max again in a heartbeat. Andy
Old 04 June 2015, 02:32 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Kurwa
Old 04 June 2015, 03:26 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife is buying her next car from Maks.

Went up to see it 3 weeks ago and although we had to wait hours (which turned out to be the fact he had just had someone bash into the back of his car) he was great to deal with, very helpful and knew his stuff.
Went for a test drive in it and did the deal shortly afterwards.

Just waiting for it to be registered now and then we can collect.

He is a biot of a nightmare to get hold of I agree there and didn't reply to my last email but he seems to be so busy and was always on the phone. In fact in the test drive he had 5 calls alone !

But overall I think his stock speaks for itself
Old 04 June 2015, 03:42 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

All I know is they get some smart looking (on the net anyway) cars in.

They've got a white bugeye STI wagon, I had to sell mine couple years back. First other one I've seen in white!

Got a V6 STI wagon too, albeit missing the OE front spoiler.
Old 05 June 2015, 08:51 AM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

That's the issue though, it's the information the user gives. You're assuming that the poster will be irate and give a unrealistic view of the situation by claiming the business will have to defend from attacks.

I think giving honest and open opinions on companies via a forum is important because then everyone can read the views and make their choice if they wish to use the company or not.

Assuming there is an issue and someone posts about it and then the company solve the issue, the original poster can always update and explain how the issue was solved. This is important in case someone else is having the same issue.
Old 05 June 2015, 09:30 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

That's the issue though, it's the information the user gives. You're assuming that the poster will be irate and give a unrealistic view of the situation by claiming the business will have to defend from attacks.

I think giving honest and open opinions on companies via a forum is important because then everyone can read the views and make their choice if they wish to use the company or not.

Assuming there is an issue and someone posts about it and then the company solve the issue, the original poster can always update and explain how the issue was solved. This is important in case someone else is having the same issue.

doesnt work like that, SN always folds and deletes posts mate
Old 05 June 2015, 10:29 AM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I have used many traders in the Subaru community and if I wanted to, I could find something to criticise about many of them. If you really wanted to know, I would be willing to share this feedback with you in a one-to-one conversation, but there is nothing to be gained by posting my opinions in a public forum especially as the criticisms are minor in the grand scheme of things and I would buy from these traders again.

As I said earlier, if a customer genuinely feels ripped off and has taken reasonable steps to resolve directly, then by all means go public. However the vast majority of situations do not fall into this category, nor are they usually black and white in favour of one side or another. Arguing in public rarely accomplishes anything.

Even the traders are at it themselves – I was disappointed to see a thread the other week started by a well-known trader picking an argument with another one in a case where there were evidently two sides to the story, and which was quickly resolved offline. The braying hordes were entertained; the rest of were left shaking our heads.
Old 05 June 2015, 11:18 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Surprisingly quite an interesting piece of advice

Quick Reply: Hurst cars