ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Momo M3 Outrun tyres.

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2015, 06:23 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Momo M3 Outrun tyres.

Anyone got any experience of these, found one review on the web which seems to suggest they are pretty good, just wondered if anyone has used them.

I don't think a company like Momo would make a poor quality product especially when it's a new market for them, my thinking is that they'd make an effort, what do you guys think.
Old 12 May 2015, 03:26 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Well for anyone that may be interested, I pulled the trigger on a full set of 4 of these today seeing as they were only £230.00 plus £20 to fit them at my local place, reason being I couldn't get a decent branded set of 4 for less than double that and they were Toyo T1R's which I have had on a newage before and while ok I didn't overly rate them, they're not too into high end tyres out here in Croatia and what they have in the named brands is either stupid expensive or the lower end of the range, due mostly to wages out here averaging around the £4/500 mark per month.

So the tyres, after only having done 50 ish miles on them they seem to perform quite well, obviously not pushed them yet as they need scrubbing in, came across an empty roundabout and went all the way round twice provoking it slightly and they were gripping all the way. Need to give it a few more miles but thus far I'm quite pleased.
Old 15 May 2015, 11:45 AM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

How you getting on with these ditch?
Do you know if they are available in the UK?
Old 15 May 2015, 07:38 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

I've only done maybe 100 miles on them but so far so good, again as above not really pushed them yet but I have tried to provoke the car a little at low speed on a few sharp bends and they're still gripping, which is good IMO considering milage covered, been out in the wet too and still holding up really well, but again I'll stress I've not been going fast while doing the above, time will tell but still pleased with them at the moment.

As for Uk suppliers I have no idea, google is going to be your friend there.
Old 15 May 2015, 08:30 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for that, found some for £55 a corner. Might go for these
Old 16 May 2015, 05:11 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

For the price they seem ok they're not squealing like my winter tyres that I took off were yet and those were Pirelli sottozero, the sotto's have been operating out of their temp range for a couple of weeks now that it's mid 20's here, but they've been a good winter tyre which is why I wanted to get them off the car now to get another winter out of them, they're also almost 3 times the price of the Momo's.

I'd rather have good winter tyres as I can live with budget summers as it only rains about once every 20 days in summer and then it's greasy as hell so I drive VERY slowly no matter what tyres I have, but I can't cope with budget winters as cold wet and greasy isn't a good combo for any tyre.

I think these will be quite good once they're scrubbed in, they haven't tried to spit me off the road yet and that's with winter geometry setting as I've not had chance to add a bit more camber yet, which should be interesting when I do and give the tyres a proper work out.
Old 16 May 2015, 10:43 AM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Anyone got any experience of these, found one review on the web which seems to suggest they are pretty good, just wondered if anyone has used them.

I don't think a company like Momo would make a poor quality product especially when it's a new market for them, my thinking is that they'd make an effort, what do you guys think.
These tyres better be good ditchmyster !
Just got a set from tyre leader ! £57 a pop .
Old 16 May 2015, 11:46 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz
These tyres better be good ditchmyster !
Just got a set from tyre leader ! £57 a pop .
I'll let you know in a couple of hours as I'm off down a road that I'll get chance to push them on.
Old 16 May 2015, 02:50 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Well I think your going to be quite pleased with your purchase Maz, Just got back from my little trip down to the supermarket and me grubs spread all over the boot floor despite being wedged in place by 2x10kg bags of dog food.

Grip, grip, grip is all I can say right now, there is a bit of flex in the side walls but it just sort of hunches down and stays there and keeps on gripping was a little un-nerving the first couple of quick bends but I just kept my foot in and they just kept gripping, I even tightened my my line a few times to see if I could get a chirp out of them and noting it just went where I pointed it.

I'll add I wasn't going hell for leather as that would of been a bit stupid on the road with un-known fresh tyres, but I wasn't hanging about and I had the road to myself for a good while, one of the joys of living out in the sticks.
Old 16 May 2015, 03:24 PM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Well I think your going to be quite pleased with your purchase Maz, Just got back from my little trip down to the supermarket and me grubs spread all over the boot floor despite being wedged in place by 2x10kg bags of dog food.

Grip, grip, grip is all I can say right now, there is a bit of flex in the side walls but it just sort of hunches down and stays there and keeps on gripping was a little un-nerving the first couple of quick bends but I just kept my foot in and they just kept gripping, I even tightened my my line a few times to see if I could get a chirp out of them and noting it just went where I pointed it.

I'll add I wasn't going hell for leather as that would of been a bit stupid on the road with un-known fresh tyres, but I wasn't hanging about and I had the road to myself for a good while, one of the joys of living out in the sticks.

Thanks ditch , good to hear that ! 20kg of goggy nosh ? Bloody hell , what is it ? Ha .
Old 16 May 2015, 03:26 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz
Thanks ditch , good to hear that ! 20kg of goggy nosh ? Bloody hell , what is it ? Ha .
Cane Corso he's a big lad and his grub is on special offer so I bought 2 bags and saved a fiver, not much but every little helps.
Old 16 May 2015, 03:43 PM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Bloomin hell ! Just Googled it to make sure ! Is that 1 days supply for the cross shetland pony cross ? Not sure what the other half is ! Lol lol lol !
Old 16 May 2015, 05:27 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

He's for the local gypsies and he's got into the habit of snarling at strange men and going over and leaning on them, strange how they've stopped coming round now though.
Old 17 May 2015, 10:50 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

I now this might sound a bit boring or hard to believe but I went out for a bit of a blast yesterday to give these tyres a bit more of a test because there has been some rain and the tarmac has been washed clean bloody hell do they grip, so much so that what were 2nd gear bends are becoming 3rd gear bends and I need to re-learn my country blast route, which has come as a bit of a surprise considering the price of them.

I'm not sure what grip levels others have experienced with their tyres so it's difficult for me to make a comparison against some of the known sticky rubber, the only thing I can compare it to is going from crappy 165's to quality 185's on my Audi many many moons ago.

Still some flex in the side walls but I'm getting used to it now, mine are 225/45/17's I suspect they would lose the flex with 18's or on a Classic with there being less weight.

Up shot is I wasn't expecting too much from these due to the price but I've been very pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 17 May 2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 17 May 2015, 04:44 PM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Should have mine arrive by Tuesday ! These are going on my other rims so when fitted I'll let you know that they are like on my hawk ! Got 235/45/17 .
Old 17 May 2015, 07:20 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

The ozzies have been going mad for these Momo tyres, understandably a different climate to us, but had good reports from friends who drive Skylines and Imprezas..seems they are pretty popular over there
Old 17 May 2015, 08:25 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity
The ozzies have been going mad for these Momo tyres, understandably a different climate to us, but had good reports from friends who drive Skylines and Imprezas..seems they are pretty popular over there
Yeah the one review I could find was a guy with an R33 and he said pretty much the same as I have found to be the case, I figured if they were good enough for a skyline then they'd be fine on my Blob.

I'm a bit reluctant to big them up too much as I haven't used any of the well known sticky rubber before, but as far as I'm concerned these are the dogs danglies.