Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

max boost presuure hawkeye sti ecu..

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2015, 06:45 PM
mickeymouse
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default max boost presuure hawkeye sti ecu..

does the ECU have a max boost pressure it can handle?? I thought I read somewhere that it was 1.55 bar?? or is that the OEM turbo??

I have an ecutek remap on mine so would the limit of boost pressure still be the OEM ECU?

confused
Old 06 May 2015, 06:47 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Its more to do with what it can see and still retain safety features.
Old 06 May 2015, 06:49 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wont the boost solenoid limit is as well, to around 1.2? unless you go 3 port, not sure how the boost limits work as i've seen cars running 21psi (1.5bar) but not sure how.

Hopefully get some informative answers on this post
Old 06 May 2015, 07:42 PM
mickeymouse
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TypeR99
wont the boost solenoid limit is as well, to around 1.2? unless you go 3 port, not sure how the boost limits work as i've seen cars running 21psi (1.5bar) but not sure how.

Hopefully get some informative answers on this post

now that would be nice...heres hoping
Old 06 May 2015, 10:40 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

as part of the ECUtek remap the fuel cut limit will be raised or removed so check with your mapper as to what they've used. The car has a 2.5 bar (absolute) sensor as standard so depending on your height above sea level you'll read anywhere up to 1.5 bar or thereabouts and still be able to have the fuel cut available. Again, check with your remapper as they will be able to tell you if you still have fuel cut and what level it's set to.

the solenoid doesn't really have any bearing on the maximum boost you can make - the solenoid is for making your boost control more accurate. The 3port allows a greater level of control and so it's the preference when going for higher power setups.
Old 07 May 2015, 12:07 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

If you are running Hawkeye STI ECU or do you have Hawkeye STI then yours car should be able to run 1.65bar on stock ECU,everything depends on map sensor used,stock map sensor should be OK up to 1.5-1.6bar this should someone confirms

With bigger map sensor you should be able to running bit more boost in theory,but I would suggest speak with yours mapper first

With EcuTek RaceROM which is available on all 32bit ECU(Hawkeye ownards with DBW throttle body) you can have lots features although this never will be like other aftermarket ECU such as Syvecs,but features are good too,due this I would speak with EcuTek mapper/dealer

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura