Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some folks don't get enough praise...

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2015, 04:06 PM
Hell Boy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Some folks don't get enough praise...

Again and again I am staggered by the capabilities of these guys, it is a breath of fresh air dealing with Len. Great work ethos, professional, knowledgeable and the list goes on.

But here is the amazing bit, my standard head gaskets finally gave up the ghost and I needed my STi for a weekend jaunt in France. The only thing is, its 16:00 on Wednesday the ferry leaves at sparrow fart o'clock that Friday.

I gave S4Y a ring and asked if they could replace the head gaskets, change the clutch and a long list of other things that needed doing ....
I then asked if it could all be done by Friday... that Friday.
Well to cut a long story short I delivered the car to S4Y at 18:00 that day with the list of things that needed doing.
After a night worrying and a text at 02:00 in the morning with a picture of my engine suspended above the engine bay, I finally get a call from them saying its done and ready to go. This was at 20:00 the following day... some how he managed to replace both head gaskets, my clutch, conducted a full service, fixed a curious electrical gremlin plaguing my headlights auto levelling (apparently he found it and killed it with fire), replaced the hand brake pads the list goes on...

I picked my baby up at 22:30ish and had a cracking time snowboarding in France.

Ok, so this is a long TL/DR post but the efforts by Len at S4Y needed more than just a simple "good service" type of post. You just don't get this type of service anywhere else FACT , because of 1 guy and his monumental efforts my holiday was saved and he didn't rip me off when it came to my wallet either, parts and labour that's it nothing more. Needless to say many beers ended up in his boot, you are my Hero10 out of 10 sir.

Staggered absolutely staggered...

Len you are a Legend, Thankyou!
Old 17 March 2015, 04:29 PM
mestonian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always nice to read a glowing review. It is indeed a rarity receiving such service.
Old 17 March 2015, 05:08 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Fair play that's good going
Old 17 March 2015, 05:48 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job Len

The only way you'd have got it done quicker would have been a team of WRC mechanics
Old 17 March 2015, 08:24 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

great to hear a story like this. there,s a fair few horror stories regarding mechanics and mappers so its refreshing to hear there are good guys out there.
Old 17 March 2015, 08:26 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Wow that's a good story and like you say a breath of fresh air from the usual horrors listed on the forum. Let's hope he keeps up the good work as these golden geese are hard to find
Old 22 March 2015, 11:15 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I think Len is a cracking bloke. Watch his vids on YouTube where he rebuilds a 2.5 STi for Bamm Havoc.

He's attention to detail is second to none. If anyone will rebuild my 2.5, it will be him, no two ways about it.

Legend. The end.

Old 22 March 2015, 11:23 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hell Boy
Again and again I am staggered by the capabilities of these guys, it is a breath of fresh air dealing with Len. Great work ethos, professional, knowledgeable and the list goes on.

But here is the amazing bit, my standard head gaskets finally gave up the ghost and I needed my STi for a weekend jaunt in France. The only thing is, its 16:00 on Wednesday the ferry leaves at sparrow fart o'clock that Friday.

I gave S4Y a ring and asked if they could replace the head gaskets, change the clutch and a long list of other things that needed doing ....
I then asked if it could all be done by Friday... that Friday.
Well to cut a long story short I delivered the car to S4Y at 18:00 that day with the list of things that needed doing.
After a night worrying and a text at 02:00 in the morning with a picture of my engine suspended above the engine bay, I finally get a call from them saying its done and ready to go. This was at 20:00 the following day... some how he managed to replace both head gaskets, my clutch, conducted a full service, fixed a curious electrical gremlin plaguing my headlights auto levelling (apparently he found it and killed it with fire), replaced the hand brake pads the list goes on...

I picked my baby up at 22:30ish and had a cracking time snowboarding in France.

Ok, so this is a long TL/DR post but the efforts by Len at S4Y needed more than just a simple "good service" type of post. You just don't get this type of service anywhere else FACT , because of 1 guy and his monumental efforts my holiday was saved and he didn't rip me off when it came to my wallet either, parts and labour that's it nothing more. Needless to say many beers ended up in his boot, you are my Hero10 out of 10 sir.

Staggered absolutely staggered...

Len you are a Legend, Thankyou!
The best outfits are those that strive to provide "celebrity service" to everyone.

How's the car running?
Old 22 March 2015, 03:22 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi have never used Len and S4U
However they have been going for donkeys years and have very good reputation.
I have recommended them to a few over the years