Sponsored by:

In Car Video Footage

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2015, 06:36 PM
windmill84
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Car Video Footage

I got an in car video recorder for Christmas and tested it a few days ago. Video quality is pretty good and I've only used it a night so far.

On the way home tonight and caught this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYPL...ature=youtu.be

I am trying to go straight over the roundabout (3rd exit), the road is dual carriage way to roundabout back to dual carriage way, so two lanes all the way. I can let the first car off because you can see he is going to get on with it and out the way, the 2nd car however is trying to go the same way as him but is clearly going to cut me up and if I didn't decide to go all the way round the roundabout then I would have hit them...

Watching the video back it doesn't look as dramatic, but it could have been a close one if I hadn't read what the guy was going to do.
Old 07 January 2015, 06:48 PM
Flat4x4-again
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Been thinking about one of these - which bit of kit do you have ?

p.s. Incidents like this are literally a daily occurrence for me in Milton Keynes because there are so many roundabouts and so many drivers drawn to the Shopping centre who don't know how the roads 'work'.

My personal 'fave' has to be the foreign lorry drivers who drive all the way round the roundabout in the left hand lane when they are lost - cutting up everyone in their path and not signalling just to cause more mayhem!

4WD + good brakes + second guessing + sheer luck = getting away with it

Last edited by Flat4x4-again; 07 January 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07 January 2015, 07:18 PM
windmill84
Scooby Regular

I have the Transcend DrivePro 200. When I was researching (a couple of months ago) it was highly rated, so I went for it. I'm pleased with it and it seems to do the job well. The only thing I'd say is get the windscreen mount as well (which is a separate purchase), as it only comes with a one time use double sided sticky tape thing, so once its mounted you can't really take it off.

Yeah people are idiots on our roads. I just thought it would be a good idea to have some sort of recording device just for piece of mind in case something goes wrong. Better to be safe than sorry I reckon.
Old 07 January 2015, 07:22 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Talk about a Head ****....
There's more foreign drivers , driving round in UK registered & Based Trucks , than there is foreign registered & Based Trucks ....

Twisted England
Old 08 January 2015, 08:16 AM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

I have Mi Witness, front and rear unit, hard wired in so it's recording 24/7. In HD.

The unit is small and mounted behind my rear view mirror so it's not in my line of sight whilst driving. And from the outside, being the same colour as the back of my mirror, your gaze just slides over it, unless you know its there.

I work in car insurance, arguing liability, and when a customer says to me they have camera footage I can’t thank them enough. Video is irrefutable* proof of who is at fault. For the cost of camera (from £25 to however much you want to spend, mine was £299) you save yourself from idiot drivers costing you your excess and premium hike, and from asshats with the “crash for cash” scams.

*some people still argue. I was presented with footage from a lorry cab in an argument over who changed lanes on a motorway, my customer or the lorry driver. The footage clearly showed the lorry driver holding his lane perfectly and my customer moving over and hitting the cab with the rear of his car. And even when I made my customer watch the footage he still argued that he wasn’t to blame. No one likes to be told they are at fault, but some people just plain pig headed.
Old 08 January 2015, 08:58 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by windmill84

Yeah people are idiots on our roads.I just thought it would be a good idea to have some sort of recording device just for piece of mind in case something goes wrong. Better to be safe than sorry I reckon.
Yeah you, try slowing down a bit and maybe give yourself and others a bit more time.