Sponsored by:

Poly bushes

Search this Thread

Old 26 December 2014, 01:01 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Poly bushes

My car is now 12 years old and the suspension is getting tired. I'm wanting to fit coilovers and thought I might as well add polybushes into the mix before I get them fitted and a full alignment done. Looking online I can't seem to find a 'complete kit' - just a list of various bushes. Does anyone know what bushes are required for a full kit, which manufacturer would you would recommend and the best/cheapest place to buy them? TIA
Old 26 December 2014, 01:10 PM
kirky1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got some wishbone bushes from powerflex, they have stiffened the front up nicely, turn in is much better
Old 26 December 2014, 01:19 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have worked this out before on another thread and cant be arsed to do it again lol.

But you need:

Front wishbone front bush and rear bush (Or ALK)
Steering rack bushes x2
ARB front and rear bushes two pairs
Rear diff outrigger bushes x2
Rear diff to cradle bushes x2
Rear diff cradle to chassis bushes x4
Trailing arm front x2 and rear bushes x2
Lateral link arm bushes x8

You can also go with gearbox cradle bushes/dampers which are another £30 or so.

Different companies call the components by different names which doesn't help.

In total you are looking (rough guess) £500 for a whole set.

Don't get cheapo ones. There are loads of pics on the net of cheapo ones failing in very dangerous ways. Only go with the likes of Powerflex or Super Pro.

Fitting is the issue. Some of the OE bushes require massive effort to remove. I.e. using a welding torch, hydrolic presses etc. I have managed to make do with hand tools: hacksaw, blow torch, pullers, pillar drill, big chisels and big hammers to do a set but my god was it long, difficult and frustrating. Add to that that you may want to replace the bolts for these parts if they are all rusted up. A set of genuine bolts for the above components is about £250-£300. But that's worse case scenario and most people wouldn't go that far (I'm just **** about fitting old rusty bits back on.

Don't let all that put you off. It is a good mod. But please don't think it's a cheap or simple one. I would recommend getting a garage to do all the hard work. Get a price and then it's their problem not yours.
Old 26 December 2014, 01:50 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome, thanks for that

I'll do the work myself, gonna be removing the lot to clean and protect underneath..... I like a challenge
I'm aware that it won't be cheap but once fitted I shouldn't need to worry about them again so well worth it! As for bolts I'm gonna chuck em in for plating.

Thanks again
Old 26 December 2014, 02:06 PM
gregwill
Scooby Regular

Hia mate I just had the whole underneath of mine done. I used powerflex for mine you can buy the set off indigo gt. However I did need to get a few extra bushes ect because I got the whiteline anti lift kit ect and also I have the fully adjustable AST suspension.

It does transform the car!! I had a garage do all the work for me that know their stuff and are a top notch when is comes to Subaru's. It is costly mind, as FMJ said its around the 500 mark to buy them all but worth it in my opinion
Old 26 December 2014, 03:25 PM
bigsigh
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there's a group buy I'm in as I need a full set too
Old 26 December 2014, 04:30 PM
t999cuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLU
My car is now 12 years old and the suspension is getting tired. I'm wanting to fit coilovers and thought I might as well add polybushes into the mix before I get them fitted and a full alignment done. Looking online I can't seem to find a 'complete kit' - just a list of various bushes. Does anyone know what bushes are required for a full kit, which manufacturer would you would recommend and the best/cheapest place to buy them? TIA
Pretty certain scoobyworld do a full kit, its available on their website under the "handling packs" I think.

Tom