Scoop grill

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2014, 08:40 PM
nikon-man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scoop grill

hi guys,,,

as anyone ever fitted a grill on there bonnet scoop.... I have a zunsport lower grill and a carbon grill on my 09 WRX and was considering a bonnet scoop grill as well.

I have been told a STI hatch and WRX hatch use the same bonnet so a grill will fit as well

if anyone as ever fitted one to any Scooby let me know how easy they are to fit and what they look like etc
Old 20 November 2014, 08:19 PM
abre
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi I fitted one to my hatch, I have the full Zunsport set: lower, radiator and scoop and they look really good with the three grills having matching mesh.

Also on a practical level they do cut down the stone damage to the cooling fins on the IC and radiator.

As for fitting once you've removed the scoop, measure, check, re measure, check, re measure then drill the holes... The access is awkward for drilling the holes in the scoop opening, but possible if you take it easy. I masked the whole thing to avoid any scratches or scuffs from the drill chuck. A dremel with a flexi drive would probably be ideal.

Only down side I've experienced is because the grill is slightly deeper than the scoop aperture, it's caused the underside of the scoop assembly to rub the paint off the breather pipe that runs across the bottom if the IC. We're only talking a couple of millimetres and for me the issue is caused by the plastic coating on the black versions. I suspect the stainless ones don't cause the same problem.

I've not got any pics to hand, but if you look at Don's MY11 thread he has some pictures of his.

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...ti-saloon.html

Regards
Andrew

Last edited by abre; 20 November 2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Link added