Sponsored by:

DC5 Integra Type R owner from London

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2014, 09:21 PM
ShoryuKEN!
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC5 Integra Type R owner from London

Hey guys I own a teg at the moment but thinking about my next car being a well tuned wrx sti or an evo. I love my current car but have yet to own a boosted car. Any car I get will need to be my daily and reliable so whether I can afford the evo or scooby as a daily is questionable compared to the dc5's lower running costs which are already painful on fuel (mapped on premium) and insurance which is nuts on the dc5.

Some pics of my teg:

Old 09 November 2014, 09:54 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

welcome and very nice teg, always had a soft spot for these..

guess it comes down to your budget, whether you want a newage/classic or jdm/uk model etc etc
Old 09 November 2014, 11:17 PM
ScoobTypeR
Scooby Regular

86 Views and only one welcome... Miserable *****... lol

Welcome... Have a soft spot for DC5s coming from a Honda Background myself..Was very close to purchasing but didn't think id be happy with the FWD and NA.. Love them though, and once KPro'd they don't half move..

I remember when i first walked into a garage to view another car and test drove a Subaru instead... Not looked back since tbh..
Old 09 November 2014, 11:29 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice car, I've had them both a few times over....both awesome cars
Old 09 November 2014, 11:43 PM
smiffywhu
Scooby Regular

Hi and welcome,

My advice would be to do it, get ya ***** out and dive in, it's the best decision I've ever made and after 7 years of ownership (classic then hawk) I still look forward to driving however far or short the journey. With the winter coming up you'll really appreciate the 4WD and DCCD too. Good luck.
Old 10 November 2014, 12:14 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Welcome bud. Nice Dc5. My mate has one and I do love those cars. My other mate also has a dc2 running Darton sleeves and a gt30.. Absolutely mental. Running safe at 1.5bar 466bhp..

Scoobs are far from cheap to run bud. I have owned mine for 8 years and they are far from cheap. Even if you do all the work yourself.. Always something you want to change lol.. But still wouldn't change it for the world..
Old 10 November 2014, 07:55 PM
ShoryuKEN!
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys i'll definitely be going for a boosted car next after having the n/a expeirence I still love n/a, 9000rpm and instant throttle response is so much fun. If only I could afford keeping the dc5 and boosting it.......that would be a dream. Most likely end up with a scoob or evo as they are very affordable after the sale of my dc5. I was thinking something like this http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2004/3006697 or an evo 6 or 8
Old 10 November 2014, 08:10 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Have owned a few Evo's and could never really get on with them, prefer the Subaru for the cheaper running costs(parts, insurance, not spending on AYC etc) and find them a bit easier to live with as a daily drive which most of my cars are.
Not saying the Evo is a bad car, but just down to personal preference really, both are fast have 4 doors and chuck a wedge of cash at tuning and the world is your oyster.

Personally i would turbo your DC5
Old 10 November 2014, 08:11 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Nice Honda ...
Old 10 November 2014, 08:31 PM
Linus27
Scooby Regular

Hi and welcome.

This is my daily

Old 10 November 2014, 10:27 PM
OB1-SCOOB1E
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Linus27
Hi and welcome.

This is my daily

Linus27....you need to think about changing to a stubby, that aerial is way too big
P.S. Never seen your Teg look so clean lol And, take a hint.....need a hand with the stereo wiring issue

Hello & welcome New member.....nice DC5
Old 10 November 2014, 11:29 PM
Linus27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OB1-SCOOB1E
Linus27....you need to think about changing to a stubby, that aerial is way too big
P.S. Never seen your Teg look so clean lol And, take a hint.....need a hand with the stereo wiring issue

Hello & welcome New member.....nice DC5
Haha I like that, it made me laugh lots

Thank you, it's amazing what Photoshop can do and you thought my car was black

Damn, I am so useless at taking note of hints You could wave a massive flag and blow an air horn and I would still not notice Hint taken though so no problem
Old 11 November 2014, 08:58 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need a twinscroll JDM car or a Type R STI, you wont be impressed with a UK spec car after driving a Vtec...the twinscroll is vtec like, but better - its there all the time
Old 11 November 2014, 09:03 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The black car you linked, belongs to a friend of mine and It defo goes well and you wont be disappointed after Vtec. Most the work has been done recently and the spanner work has been done by Richard Henry Autos in Bradford
Old 11 November 2014, 09:07 PM
ScoobTypeR
Scooby Regular

How would he be disappointed going from Vtec to a Turbo.. Lol...

As long as its a nicely sorted Subaru. It doesn't matter what it is.. Plus with UK car you save on Insurance
Old 11 November 2014, 10:44 PM
ShoryuKEN!
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for all the info guys. I think maybe what Trinity means is how hardcore a JDM Honda is in the drive compared to pretty much any UK spec cars. I think i'll have fun in the straights with a scoob and the turbo spooling but will be nowhere near as fun to throw at bends like the DC5. In terms of styling I prefer the Integra's looks but in saying that I'd still love a blacked out clean Impreza lowered on the right set of alloys. I feel it would still have to be well in excess of 300bhp though to impress me. My teg is pushing circa 250bhp n/a already. This is roughly the same or more bhp/tonne than say even a 300bhp sti if I have my figures correct. I test drove a clean stock 2004 wrx sti before I bought my teg and have to admit was rather disappointed which is probably part of the reason I ended up with the dc5 actually.
Old 12 November 2014, 09:04 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShoryuKEN!
Thanks for all the info guys. I think maybe what Trinity means is how hardcore a JDM Honda is in the drive compared to pretty much any UK spec cars. I think i'll have fun in the straights with a scoob and the turbo spooling but will be nowhere near as fun to throw at bends like the DC5. In terms of styling I prefer the Integra's looks but in saying that I'd still love a blacked out clean Impreza lowered on the right set of alloys. I feel it would still have to be well in excess of 300bhp though to impress me. My teg is pushing circa 250bhp n/a already. This is roughly the same or more bhp/tonne than say even a 300bhp sti if I have my figures correct. I test drove a clean stock 2004 wrx sti before I bought my teg and have to admit was rather disappointed which is probably part of the reason I ended up with the dc5 actually.
yes going to a laggy uk turbo car from a jdm honda would feel like a backwards step. Going to a jdm twinscroll would feel like you have the best of both worlds without the draw backs.
Old 12 November 2014, 11:57 AM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ShoryuKEN!
I think i'll have fun in the straights with a scoob and the turbo spooling but will be nowhere near as fun to throw at bends like the DC5.
A classic Impreza weighs about the same as your Teg, is exceptionally "chuckable" in the twisties and has the same raw feel. Don't lower it, though - a classic handles best at OEM ride height.
Old 12 November 2014, 08:58 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

If you can stump up the extra cash over a UK car then a JDM is the better option and even better if you plan to mod it as they are pretty strong/reliable as standard, only problem with the JDM as you will probably already know from Honda's too, is make sure that it hasnt got any dodgy history from Japan, as a lot of these cars that come through auction can have a hidden history and thats the reason its been shipped/sold abroad.

Seen plenty of JDM STi's for sale that are nails as there is a big demand for them at the moment so a lot of importers are bringing anything in, just dont go looking for one with JDM goggles on and get stung with any old nail.