Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast and furious 7

Just seen this, spotted STI hatch

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=847862861912237
Old 01 November 2014, 09:47 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do enjoy the films as brainless entertainment.... but i really think they have lost their way! It was about street racing and cars. Now it's about the group being some kind of crazy international superheros with sci-fi technology and they are all martial art trained firearms experts.... They just seem to have taken something a bit silly but fun and made it into something so far removed from reality its hard to watch.

Looks like STi hatch will be back but no GTR's. I have to admit the main reason I will watch this is to see how Walker is written out.
Old 01 November 2014, 09:50 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Agreed, back to basic's
Old 01 November 2014, 09:55 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It's sad to see the franchise progressively moving away from racing and petty criminals to heist or bond type out and out action.

I prefered it when it was more raw and the characters were all floored. All that mattered was the quarter time or ego.

I can't ever see the director toning it down unless we get another spin off.
Old 01 November 2014, 09:58 PM
shamkhan1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FMJ
I do enjoy the films as brainless entertainment.... but i really think they have lost their way! It was about street racing and cars. Now it's about the group being some kind of crazy international superheros with sci-fi technology and they are all martial art trained firearms experts.... They just seem to have taken something a bit silly but fun and made it into something so far removed from reality its hard to watch. Looks like STi hatch will be back but no GTR's. I have to admit the main reason I will watch this is to see how Walker is written out.
So true
Old 01 November 2014, 10:01 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Ultimate ending for F&F 8 would be a WRX PPP V STI on the strip and the STI runs out of fuel with 75 yards to go gifting a win for a 17yo Lucas Black.
Old 02 November 2014, 05:43 AM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can it be any faster or furious than 1-6? Barry boys are getting hard just watching the trailer, the makers of these "movies" are to blame for a whole generation of kids hanging out at retail parks in badly modified cars behaving badly. They even managed to resurrect a dead bloke who died in a badly driven car on a public road. Said guy is now a Barry god worshipped by retail park offenders the world over.
Thats entertainment!

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2014, 10:09 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by edsel
Can it be any faster or furious than 1-6? Barry boys are getting hard just watching the trailer, the makers of these "movies" are to blame for a whole generation of kids hanging out at retail parks in badly modified cars behaving badly. They even managed to resurrect a dead bloke who died in a badly driven car on a public road. Said guy is now a Barry god worshipped by retail park offenders the world over.
Thats entertainment!
Thats being going on long before FF. and 'said' guy, I take it you are talking disrespectfully about a person who recently died, Paul Walker? a person who ran a charity to offer help to natural disaster areas? Wow!

The Fast and Furious, where great until number 4. Then it became criminals, and over the top hollywood crap, but back in the day, they bred a lot of interest in motors for people, I for one loved it, and I have never driven anything badly modified.

That along with the Hong Kong movie, Legend of Speed, brightened up the 90's no end. and eventually led me to owning 400bhp.
Old 02 November 2014, 10:44 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by edsel
Thats entertainment!
Yeah because car modding and cruises didnt excist before 2001 lol lol
Old 02 November 2014, 03:22 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

The films are pretty brain dead, cheesey one liners and chav 'rides' but the cars have improved over time.
I'm surprised the chap from the third film hasn't made another appearance since though?
Old 02 November 2014, 03:27 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Well I only watch it for the tash!!!!
Old 02 November 2014, 03:49 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kwik
The films are pretty brain dead, cheesey one liners and chav 'rides' but the cars have improved over time.
I'm surprised the chap from the third film hasn't made another appearance since though?
Which one, the Forest Gump idiot who ruined the entire film? Probably why he hasn't

They definitely are not chav cars, chavs could not afford to build cars of that nature, its a very different scene in the States, then it is in McDonalds car parks in the UK
Old 03 November 2014, 12:52 AM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trinity
Which one, the Forest Gump idiot who ruined the entire film? Probably why he hasn't
Fairly sure he is back in this one... Yeah the third film would have been 100x better if:

a. The american guy didn't have such an annoying accent.

b. They actually made it about a Japanese lad rather then an american who barges in and beats the japs at their own game in an american car... very very american....
Old 03 November 2014, 09:36 PM
Raptorman
Scooby Regular

Watched the first one and from then on wouldn't bother
my **** watching the rest.
Old 04 November 2014, 12:46 AM
JayUK91
Scooby Regular

Personally, I love the films. Saying that, I was 10 years old when the first movie was released - and I probably owe the fact that I'm a car fan to this franchise.

Looking forward to 7.
Old 04 November 2014, 02:41 AM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently kids love it.