Sponsored by:

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2014, 12:25 AM
Rosscoscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all

Just picked my first ever scooby up this week it's a 03 plate Wrx sti with 71k on the clock and full history, after trading in a 2l 8v golf gti I can defiantly say I'm impressed with the performance, was browsing through the piles of receipts that came with the car and found one for £900 worth of remap, injector upgrade,turbo back stainless magnex exhaust was well impressed just hoping these mods aren't likely to affect the reliability ?? The only problem I have come across so far is the dreaded water in the jack storage, and could do with new boot side Capet/trims if anyone knows of a good set anywhere ??
Old 01 November 2014, 01:31 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rosscoscooby
Just picked my first ever scooby up this week it's a 03 plate Wrx sti with 71k on the clock and full history, after trading in a 2l 8v golf gti I can defiantly say I'm impressed with the performance, was browsing through the piles of receipts that came with the car and found one for £900 worth of remap, injector upgrade,turbo back stainless magnex exhaust was well impressed just hoping these mods aren't likely to affect the reliability ?? The only problem I have come across so far is the dreaded water in the jack storage, and could do with new boot side Capet/trims if anyone knows of a good set anywhere ??
Congrats, the STI is the car to go for in my opinion. Bit of a jump up from an 8v Golf for sure

These cars tend to be reliable if mapped well and maintained correctly so I wouldn't worry about it. Don't thrash it from cold and change the oil regularly to ensure good engine lifespan, these things are well known to do hundreds of thousands of miles without issue.

You may if you're really worried, take your car to a reputable mapper and get it tweaked.

It is best to get the leak looked at, it can cause terrible rust problems. Replacement parts are often found at breakers - look in the for sale sections here on SN.

Oh and get some pics up of your car on the members gallery.
Old 03 November 2014, 09:59 PM
Rosscoscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, just put a pic of my car up in the my garage section all goin well apart from the slight leak in the boot! 😄