Sponsored by:

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2014, 11:54 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi all my WRX

Hi there,i am ven,1st subaru,sold my baby the other day and bought a 52 plate WRX in black,1 owner from new and full subaru service history. Had my MOT guy check it over and test drove it,offered to buy it off me straight away(that must be a pass next year )

Previous cars from xr2s to modded fiesta turbo,saphire coswroth,gsi 4x4,rover coupe,nissan 200sx s14a ,then kids..........so a shogun,heavily modded,lifted,winch,35" boots...........you name it.

So time had come,wanted something sensible but to keep interest,evos imho are too much,expensive to run so needed a happy medium and always like the imrezas. Found a pretty mint black wrx and as said 1 owner from new.

Love it,i will openly admit missing sat up high and my auto,but i am used to it and it drives so tight............like new. Slight body work scuffs ,but its black,only need to look at it and marks appear

MOT guy has driven his mates sti wagon(standard not modded),said mine drives/ pulls better,clutch eager too hence wanting to buy it straight away...

Its bug eye but has the modded lights,lots of artifacts in beams but do the job. Just done an install which is very easy but took pics and will post for any future members as its a step by step. When i looked i could not find,just brief info.

Its completely standard(from what i know),every stamp,all info,2 lots of everything with the class 1 sigma and an extra immobiliser too.

All cars/4x4s i have modded,its in my blood,but i am trying to restrain for a while..............yeh right

So previous

Too many mods to list.....

New wrx

Been cleaned up since this pic and just had subaru service

(been running so obv level high)

Love it,it had to have 4 doors,had to be awd,had to have some poke........i am a happy chappy

Checked all previous MOTs and fails,all good till 09 then brakes etc,then after that shocks,bulbs(minor stuff) ,last was 2 tyres in 13 and new brakes(can tell as lots of meat and no lip),passed 09 with no adv in 2014,all same garage for 12 years...........

Thanks for getting this far,thanks for having me,i am a complete newb so please bare with me,however if you need to know on modding a pajero/shogun i am your man

Cheers ven

Last edited by ven; 01 November 2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: little more info than intro reg mods
Old 24 October 2014, 02:02 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Ven.Great to have you here & great intro.
Your car looks great.you are lucky to get an unmolested ,one owner car.Very rare in this day and age espescially in black.
Well it looks like your Shogun had a lot of your individual work on it & turned out to be a real looker.......................so how long will your Scooby be left as standard?

The world of Scooby mods is almost unlimited.You have been warned.
Old 24 October 2014, 02:13 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome to scoobynet ven
Nice clean looking Impreza
Old 24 October 2014, 02:37 AM
perkyjester
Scooby Regular

Nice bug but the mitsi was sweet to welcome to the scoobynet community
Old 24 October 2014, 07:39 AM
ven
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys,really appreciate the warm welcome its always a little daunting at 1st

Thanks for kind words,reg the shogy it was my baby for 8yrs,before that i had a 200sx s14a and rear seats are like little bucket seats(darth vader black with the decent front "evil eyes" ) Little one on the way,no chance of car seat=had to go ,not owning a peep carrier(no offence to anyone who has one) so 4x4 it was in 06 .Took till 2010 to start mods,done in 2013 with now 2 little ones and a caravan feel free to re-read that last bit

Anyway thats in Aberdaron and has been for 3 yrs+ so towing motor(sub would do) is not a No1 priority.........

Guess 6k+ on mods,maybe 3k+ on repairs............dont know but will be within 1k or 2 for sure.
Black Rock sands

Now,all my previous "performance" cars have been modded in 1 way or other but i started early at 18,had the modded fiesta turbo with 3" straight through custom zaust at 19(LOUD was not the word........) the charcoal cosworth at 20 which was mint back in 1995 ish,i left that pretty much standard apart from group A head gasket,others have all had full stainless zausts,cats removed or cat backs(depending on pre 93 or not)various rims,group N chips to boosts,lowering(wont be going there again with our roads now,trust me they were better 18 yrs ago,now .........

So coming from 7ft 7 beast my butt is already scraping the floor and love the tight handling .

I cant deny i am addicted to mods..............but will try and hold back as it is already very easy to loose license............(never had an sp....) ever(touching wood as type with feet on table)

Scoob clinic(not that i have looked ) is around £1500 for 40bhp........with 2 young ones,its not top of priority list right now being honest.

But its frugal,slurps and sips through a wd40 straw does this wrx the 4x4 truck did 12mpg.............on the motorway plodding

Brimming it with ron 97 at £55 from a little under a 1/4 unbelievable....but then i am coming from a 92L tank .

I can waffle sorry so not sure for now mods wise,as said 1 owner and unmolested is rare so it would be a shame right now to do anything. When the zaust falls off i may go like the ppp sti style ,just for a louder burble but dont want too intrusive if makes sense and take from there.

Dont want any bigger rims right now as if i go 18 or 19" then tyre walls of course compensate to keep rolling radius similar=dints and bangs every slight pot hole,bin there,still wear the cringe

Thanks again,really appreciate it,i searched/googled for a site to join and this is the one picked no other joined..........

ven

Last edited by ven; 31 October 2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 24 October 2014, 07:44 AM
ven
Scooby Regular

Oh i lied,i changed head unit,almost went for a dvd unit but envisioned kids arguing over what to watch and me not listening to my music

This is towards end of fitting(hence cup holder missing)

I just wanted a USB double din basically or for now
I had not got the right green at time,can change colours(as with most) so it is done now,i did a video for someone wanting blue
Old 24 October 2014, 12:02 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Quick question please,could anyone pm me with an idea for the alarm control(button pad) location or where it maybe please.

In short my alarm does not chirp(all works spot on) but good or bad a blip would be proffered if possible,heard of valet mode and wonder if this,the manual does not tell me. Of course it maybe some EU law...........but would be useful either way where to look for keypad.

Of course pm would be appreciated
For single button blue fob iirc sigma made

Thank you

Trending Topics

Old 24 October 2014, 01:59 PM
skidster
Scooby Newbie

Hi Ven, just joined this forum from POCUK myself.
I am skids on there, just got 02 wagon and love it lol.
Old 24 October 2014, 03:29 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Now then,it's a small world hope all is well matey and we have both come down in the world

I still go on POC as made some good mates ,good to see someone I know on here too

Have you done a thread etc ??? If not get it done!!!! pics too

Cheers ven
Old 24 October 2014, 03:49 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Funny earlier...........well not really funny,quite annoying,guess thats the problem with black i noticed a dent in roof,about 4" towards the o/s from rear view mirror. Its just above windscreen and checked original pics i took and can just make it out so not happened recent..............

Amazing what you can miss,had a ,removed the interior lights but no way can i get my hands in.........need to borrow my 4yr olds

Its not very bad,just annoying and once noticed its THERE

So will save up a few dents n scuffs and get a dent doctor out
Old 24 October 2014, 04:03 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Great thread and love the car
Old 24 October 2014, 04:09 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Hi there,thanks for the kind words,loving yours from avatar
Most my motors have been silver or black.......

Oh and yes silver is a lot easier to keep clean (and hide dents)

Cheers ven
Old 29 October 2014, 03:51 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Well pushed the boat out....

As I always do ,new panel filter done

OE on left as new....because it is

Or have I thought "beep" it and just stuck sticker on

Zaust hopefully tomorrow then done till possible re-map ,won't be going daft tbh as daily family chariot. So 260-280 is enough for my use/needs(how many times have you heard that)
So far I have over 1/2 a tank left after 130 miles of mainly road and 20% motorway,it's already more than twice as good on fuel from 12mpg to at least 24
Might not be that important to many ,but when your used to putting £400 a month+ in fuel it does to me
Cheers ven
Old 29 October 2014, 04:12 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Hi Ven, key pad on my 52 plate black WRX (good choice ) blob, not bug, is at bottom of dash to right of steering wheel in what looks like might be a coin tray.

Have you noticed any difference with the k&n? Throttle response better at all?
Old 29 October 2014, 10:11 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Thanks rowdy will have a look tomorrow........answer is no

Its a tough one,it will be a little better breathing,may add slight response but i have found in past,even with more mods that it takes a mile or so then feels like the norm. If lucky you may get a few ponies ..........

Not sure how expensive the subaru filters are,that cost me £36 and bay No is 371152060622

Or K&N No is 33-2232 if you get one.

I have not driven it that much and dont forget i am coming from a v6 2.5t breeze block..........a fiat 500 would feel quick (original 500cc that is)

So in honesty i cant really tell as its pretty good out of the box when bought.........zaust section tomorrow if plans go ahead(it gets delivered)

After that i will sort rest of system out to the cat/s.
Then will decide on removing one (7hp ish tbh is neither here nor there to me )and would require a re-map anyway.

So after zaust sorted i will get a re-map,for better mpg tootling about,looking for 265 ish,maybe 280 with zaust done and thats it performance wise as i need reliability.........besides after that its new turbo etc etc and 3k of expenses to get it 340hp...........no thanks and dont need.

I need clear repeaters,sort those horrid orange reflectors out
Then suspension is being left as is,love the ride and cba any more with lowering,speed bumps and back breaking i have been there and done that.Besides i think subaru got the wrx spot on..........imo anyway.

Rims- not decided yet,but at some point i will change them,not into gold etc although i admit on some they look the muts nuts(just not for me). So maybe a dark/graphite/gun metal to black colour,be 17 or 18" tops as i need no rim damage over pot holes(again been there and had the repairs).....

Thats it plan wise,just enjoy it tbh,keep up with maintenance etc and enjoy it

I tend to not go all out,i call it learning the car as in seeing what goes wrong in 1st few months Once i learn it,get more used to it,i can make a better judgement regarding mods. Already i want the boost to come in earlier so thats one for the re-map. IMO you need to know the car before modding,otherwise you have no point of reference.........simply put

Thanks again ven

Last edited by ven; 29 October 2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 29 October 2014, 10:16 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
Hi Ven, key pad on my 52 plate black WRX (good choice ) blob, not bug,

So do i have blob eye then? not bug? i dont know

Cheers ven
Old 29 October 2014, 10:55 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ven
So do i have blob eye then? not bug? i dont know

Cheers ven
No mate, you have a 52 plate bug eye, I have a 52 plate blob eye is what I meant lol
Old 30 October 2014, 11:31 AM
ven
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
No mate, you have a 52 plate bug eye, I have a 52 plate blob eye is what I meant lol
Right thanks WRX,i dont have a clue i have the original head lamps too after them being replaced,thought about putting them on evil bay but i guess from reading up that i might have to pay them to have them taken away

Cheers ven
Old 30 October 2014, 11:40 AM
angel1368
Scooby Regular

what a fantastic intro bud and a very warm welcome, that shogun you had looked spot on but 12mpg at best is eye watering lol anyway enjoy your stay here and enjoy your new ride
Old 30 October 2014, 05:58 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the kind word angel and the welcome,i hope at a later date i can give something back,still learning about the car yet

Well zaust come,4" i think,maybe 4.5" as not measured YET and a huge thanks to Ben, a real pleasure to deal with true gent.

It looks great imo and not OTT in anyway,it sounds *beeping* amazing and for me to say that it must!!! the flat 4 noise now is just incredible ,even on tick over and will try and catch on video later. Its a 2.5" pipe and fits like a glove the the 2.25" flange........

Ben has bigger plans and gone for a 3" bore,that must be some awesome noise

I have to find a happy medium,sort of motorway use so too loud would get on my nerves after a while(i am 39 guys) so explains it(had my 3" straight through on fiesta turbo when 19..........that was LOUD )

Old and new

So later date will get another section but dont want any louder as its very very beefy now.........so will have to think on that one...........

Thanks for reading,regards ven

Oh and any comments on my parking i just pulled up for a quick pic

Old 31 October 2014, 09:31 PM
perkyjester
Scooby Regular

I come from a similar motoring background my last vehicle was a surf so I understsnd how the fuel seems to be good liking your mods so far hope you keep us posted with future mods
Old 01 November 2014, 02:28 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Thank you perkyjester i will,i always keep a portfolio of pics(so to speak) i wont be going OTT though even though its in my blood being honest.

I want a discrete hooligans car.........simply put.

Rest of zaust sorting and probably a cat removed........
Reflectors on side covered in black,clear repeaters too.

Then re-map,this is what i am looking into now,if i can i dont really want to spend £500+ on a plug in laptop being honest so a good value re-map without costing too much is what i want(just being honest here thats all).

Once i am at 260-280hp that is it,not interested in more as daily work chariot and have 2 young ones that come first not to mention bills n stuff

After that maybe rims,some light weight ones,either 17 as standard or 18 dependent on side wall ratios as ride is spot on for me,its tight,still hard-ish so supportive and lots of feed back.........so that i am pondering over.

I have been down the bigger rims and 35 etc profile before ,along with lowering it,and it trashes the car imo. Not only do the bumps in roads bring the ABS in quick due to too stiff suspension,it also handles worse in wet(previous experiences with gsi 4x4 to name one as modded a good few in my time)

Here where i am the roads are terrible,also speed bumps about too,ripping the front off wont please me.........

I do think subaru got the wrx set up spot on(well millions on research and testing you would agree)and it is a road rally car, then i get some 30mm springs,drop it on its *** just to look better(owner dependent on that). Now i know there are lots of awesome set ups out there,but spending 500-1000 £ on it .......well why when happy in short. If i went lower for example i would damage the body up here........... if i go too low profile tyres i will damage the rims(or look like a drunk driver avoiding)been there done that........(not drink driving as i dont drink)but pot hole dodging!!!!

All above is just my opinion,i am new and have much to learn so openly admit i could be way off i can only go off past experience with other motors and the negative effect it has had,so again hence my wariness to change things i am more than happy with(ride).

Bone crushing is behind me i dont do track days,just motorway runs and school runs which may help understand my train of thought

I am here to learn of the experts take advice on board and so far i am impressed. Your welcoming,lots of great advice and i do love some motors on here,simply astonishing work and commitment

So i will say now,nothing here will be amazing as its not my aim,just a well sorted wrx,reliable,kept fastidious as i always do,simple and discrete stuff(unlike my truck)

Thanks again ven for having me and please dont be offended by my thoughts/comments as it only applies to me .......who is still learning
Old 01 November 2014, 02:31 PM
perkyjester
Scooby Regular

I'm also going for that q car look cept the scoop sort of gives the game away
Old 01 November 2014, 02:51 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

i have a bit of trouble,you see i am trying to be sensible(trust me that is difficult) and the misses

Is a petrol head(and well known model)
She wanted me to get an evo,now we all know evos are superb,but i told her parts are expensive,harder to get imo and too much electicgadgetry to go wrong,not to mention worse running costs(see mr sensible).

Rach is pushing for mods more than me i honestly am taken back by her with this...........but wants the sti spoiler and scoop etc,wants the re-map etc as she may end up with it etc etc anyway.

Now here car gets trashed anyway,school runs in morning,to parking and getting dented to crashing it the other week

So needs to build up no claims from 2 now(ins only take 5 or 6 into account even if you have 30 hence(example) down to 2ncb.
So ins is high

She wants a light blue sti with gold rims(honestly i think look but not keen on gold,again thats me)

So no doubt thats is what she will get as always been a BMW fan and wanted a 330d or 335d(imho the dervs although are pretty awesome are not without fault and do set on fire) not many will know this as kept quiet..........

But i cant tell her what to do...........can only advise

So if she bends my ear enough an sti scoop and spoiler but cant see it tbh................famous last words

Last edited by ven; 01 November 2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01 November 2014, 03:10 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Regarding the wheels, the standard rims are not the strongest, the roads around here are shyte, and all four wheels ended up buckled to buggery on the inside of the rim.

I replaced mine with a set of o.z 18", with a tyre size 225/40. To be honest I haven't found the ride to be affected much for the worse at all, but then ride comfort is subjective.
Old 01 November 2014, 03:13 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Thanks mr rowdy

i will look into those(any links),the pilot sport 3s are new on rear,front good for a while,but then again i could sell those i guess on evil bay..........

Thanks again for advice,i do prefer 18" tbh,dont want to sacrifice too much tyre wall that is all
Old 01 November 2014, 03:20 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Its early days tbh,but thinking dark,maybe not black and too stealthy
http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy.../black/18-inch

Maybe more a dark alloy/graphite colour over black,not sure,also not sure on design,dont want too fussy . Just better than standard,finish car off looks wise but also easy to clean(not lots of narrow spokes) Will take a bit of research tbh..........
Old 01 November 2014, 03:25 PM
perkyjester
Scooby Regular

Damn !
Old 01 November 2014, 03:41 PM
ven
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by perkyjester
Damn !
Its been a very very bad few weeks,rach crashed her BM same day my truck ecu failed(3 days of work to find) then hospitals (rach herself and her mum in intensive care),lot of other stuff has been relentless............
In short its been the 2nd worst time of life,the 1st loosing my dad 3yrs back.

I try and focus on other things,young Harvey (only 4 and 1 of a 100 in the world) does not have long to live,so toys R us in abundance to make his last few days,weeks or possibly months (no longer)the best. This has had a very emotional impact too,here is a pic the day after coming out of Ormands with a buzz light year day

Total digression there,but all adds......certainly puts many things in perspective!!!!!!!!!! metal is metal at the end of the day...........

Regards ven
Old 01 November 2014, 03:43 PM
perkyjester
Scooby Regular

On a much lighter note is that a pic of yourself holding your boy if so I kinda recognise you l.o.l