Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are scoob owners given so much stick?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2014, 07:59 AM
WRX 2312
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are scoob owners given so much stick?!?!

Morning fellas

Had to have a little rant this morning...driving to work and a guy in renault megane decides to sit literally on my bumper all the way to work (its a 50mpg dual carriageway and I turn off right at the end so I normally always sit in the faster lane as it isnt a long road and never have issues) I sped up to 70 to make room then gradually slowed back to 50 and stayed there, he followed and then started giving me sh*t for not going faster, now I'm unfortunately quite a short fused person and this really got my blood boiling....we then entered a section where a slip road meets the road so traffic is joining and he decides to cut up several cars in the slower lane just so he could sit aside and shout abuse which included "all you scooby owners are the same, a bunch a c**ts with you shi**y chavvy cars"...now I'm seeing red and offer for him to follow me so we can stop and 'settle' our disagreement instead he winds (yes winds) his window up and drives off...

My whole issue here is that I really don't understand where people get this hatred from for scoob owners, I've met a couple in my area and all are the same as me... hard working normal people. Apologies guys but just had to vent some steam
Old 25 September 2014, 08:09 AM
wieczor25
Scooby Regular

Couldn't you just move to "slow" lane and let him pass you ? and then get back to your "fast" (overtaking) lane ?
Whilst his verbal abuse wasn't necessary , your behavior wasn't good either.
Old 25 September 2014, 08:27 AM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX 2312
(its a 50mpg dual carriageway and I turn off right at the end so I normally always sit in the faster lane as it isnt a long road and never have issues)
Where is this mythical road, you have to tell us, I'd love to be able to get 50mpg from my scooby
Old 25 September 2014, 08:28 AM
lord shaun 83
Scooby Regular

Bottom line.. Most see an impreza and expect it to be driven like a clown everywhere! Just becouse they do go like **** off a stick.
Old 25 September 2014, 08:32 AM
GH80
Scooby Regular

I always pull in to let cars past if I am in the overtaking lane, unless the slow lane is completely blocked. Probably wound him up that you were hogging the fast lane, regardless of speed limit or the fact you were turning right at the end.

You get some idiots on the roads, better to just pull in and let them get as far away as possible from you!
Old 25 September 2014, 08:33 AM
WRX 2312
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bgood
Where is this mythical road, you have to tell us, I'd love to be able to get 50mpg from my scooby
Saw that coming after reading it back....obviously 50mph

Apart from the 'settlement' offer I can't really see where I went wrong, traffic is quite busy at 7.30 with people going to work on the local industrial estate, maybe you are right and I should have moved in but in 3 years of driving that same route I have honest to god never had a problem
Old 25 September 2014, 08:36 AM
scooby87
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GH80
I always pull in to let cars past if I am in the overtaking lane, unless the slow lane is completely blocked. Probably wound him up that you were hogging the fast lane, regardless of speed limit or the fact you were turning right at the end.

You get some idiots on the roads, better to just pull in and let them get as far away as possible from you!
I agree, but the angry Renault man could of just undertaken him if he was in that much of a rush saving the argument.

The road is 50, so the OP can do 50 if he wants in any lane. However he could of pulled over and let the *** head race past if he was feeling super nice.

Trending Topics

Old 25 September 2014, 08:40 AM
WRX 2312
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby87
I agree, but the angry Renault man could of just undertaken him if he was in that much of a rush saving the argument.

The road is 50, so the OP can do 50 if he wants in any lane. However he could of pulled over and let the *** head race past if he was feeling super nice.
most days wherever I am, if someone comes up behind me and gives a little flash from the headlights I will happily move in to let them pass but I just could not tolerate this guy, manners don't cost anything
Old 25 September 2014, 09:06 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Ha ha my Impreza is the only car i've never had any abuse in, get loads of respect if not anything else, what your Impreza look like that could explain it?

Years ago when i had a corsa, now thats a different story, got tones of abused, any mistake i made got tarnished with the boy racer car, even though my car looked nearly standard only few subtle mods
Old 25 September 2014, 09:28 AM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

There's nothing wrong with wind up windows

Tim
Old 25 September 2014, 09:40 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

I happened to be going to work today and some prat in a Subaru was hogging the fast lane. What can you do?
It's a powerful car and there's no way I could overtake or force him to move over.
Only thing I could do was try to worry him that if he stopped quickly I'd be in the back of him.

1) The outer lane of a DC is for overtaking only;
2) One must leave a reasonable distance between you and the vehicle in front, in order to give time to stop etc.

2 wrongs don't make make a right, they simply mean that both parties have cause to complain.

Fwiw if there was a bit of verbal banter going on I'd have called him an ungrateful b'stad for not thanking you for preventing him from breaking the speed limit.
Old 25 September 2014, 09:41 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tweaks
There's nothing wrong with wind up windows

Tim
They certainly went well with the wind-up driver.
Old 25 September 2014, 09:50 AM
WRX 2312
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Ha ha my Impreza is the only car i've never had any abuse in, get loads of respect if not anything else, what your Impreza look like that could explain it?

Years ago when i had a corsa, now thats a different story, got tones of abused, any mistake i made got tarnished with the boy racer car, even though my car looked nearly standard only few subtle mods
its a standard plain black wrx with the wrx spoiler, only exception is the exhaust
Old 25 September 2014, 09:51 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

This is your car and your getting abuse lol

Don't know what your doing wrong then, as your impreza is very sublte

Old 25 September 2014, 09:54 AM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bgood

Funny you should say that...
Old 25 September 2014, 09:55 AM
WRX 2312
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
I happened to be going to work today and some prat in a Subaru was hogging the fast lane. What can you do?
It's a powerful car and there's no way I could overtake or force him to move over.
Only thing I could do was try to worry him that if he stopped quickly I'd be in the back of him.

1) The outer lane of a DC is for overtaking only;
2) One must leave a reasonable distance between you and the vehicle in front, in order to give time to stop etc.

2 wrongs don't make make a right, they simply mean that both parties have cause to complain.

Fwiw if there was a bit of verbal banter going on I'd have called him an ungrateful b'stad for not thanking you for preventing him from breaking the speed limit.
To be honest the reason I sit in the fast lane is because the majority of cars in the slow lane do drive slower than 50 and at 50 I was overtaking cars next to me hence why I was in the over taking lane along with the point that I take a right at the end of the road. I agree, I was in the wrong and should have moved over but I dont see why any driver, young or old, should be intimidated by someone, the funny side of it is there was a car 2-3 car lengths in front of me that was also turning right so he wouldnt of got much further
Old 25 September 2014, 09:57 AM
WRX 2312
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
This is your car and your getting abuse lol

Don't know what your doing wrong then, as your impreza is very sublte

Ive seen scoobies alot more in your face than mine so yea it is rather subtle, prefer that look attracts less of the wrong attention
Old 25 September 2014, 10:08 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Doesn't sound like its working lol
Old 25 September 2014, 10:52 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX 2312
To be honest the reason I sit in the fast lane is because the majority of cars in the slow lane do drive slower than 50 and at 50 I was overtaking cars next to me hence why I was in the over taking lane along with the point that I take a right at the end of the road. I agree, I was in the wrong and should have moved over but I dont see why any driver, young or old, should be intimidated by someone, the funny side of it is there was a car 2-3 car lengths in front of me that was also turning right so he wouldnt of got much further
To be fair there's a very similar stretch of road in our area, 600 yards between roundabouts on a DC, and the wife almost always does exactly the same thing on her way to work, gets in the outside lane after the 1st and drives at the speed limit until she turns off at the 2nd.
I always give her a bollocking for doing it. Her excuse is 'They might not let me out if I go inside' - and I do get very ratty with anyone who tailgates her.

I agree about the intimidation. I've told her not be to intimidated many times.

Thing is it's a chain reaction - one does something wrong, the other does something 'wronger', the first ups the ante etc. and before you know it neither gets to work on time (or worse, that day).
Old 25 September 2014, 11:06 AM
WRX 2312
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
To be fair there's a very similar stretch of road in our area, 600 yards between roundabouts on a DC, and the wife almost always does exactly the same thing on her way to work, gets in the outside lane after the 1st and drives at the speed limit until she turns off at the 2nd.
I always give her a bollocking for doing it. Her excuse is 'They might not let me out if I go inside' - and I do get very ratty with anyone who tailgates her.

I agree about the intimidation. I've told her not be to intimidated many times.

Thing is it's a chain reaction - one does something wrong, the other does something 'wronger', the first ups the ante etc. and before you know it neither gets to work on time (or worse, that day).
very true, like I say he wouldnt of got any further as the car in front was also doing 50. My main gripe was the *****y subaru comment, just not necessary
Old 25 September 2014, 12:10 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

Drivers round cambridge are like this too, I got told I must have a small ***** by a guy on a push bike then he slipped up a one way road the wrong way, the drivers seem to be ***** in mercs, lol f1 you been driving round cambridge lately .......
Old 25 September 2014, 12:13 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So one idiot met another.......cool story bro!!
Old 25 September 2014, 12:15 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

A dick is a dick no mater what he's driving, when im out and about in the M3 i get muppets in everything from transits to ford forcus's driving up my chuffer if i sit at the speed limit.
Old 25 September 2014, 12:17 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
A dick is a dick no mater what he's driving, when im out and about in the M3 i get muppets in everything from transits to ford forcus's driving up my chuffer if i sit at the speed limit.
I just let em sit behind,winds them up even more then give them a cheery wave!
Old 25 September 2014, 12:29 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
I just let em sit behind,winds them up even more then give them a cheery wave!
lol, daft thing is there's a section of road i come through every day thats been dropped to a 20. I actualy sit at or just above 20, this morning i actually had two cars over take me
Old 25 September 2014, 12:56 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find this outside lane-hogging thing is especially prevalent in South Wales! I'm now well prepared, on an otherwise empty dual carriageway, to have someone suddenly change lanes because they're going to turn right at a roundabout 3 miles ahead, usually when I'm almost next to them and going quite a bit quicker.

This never happens down my way!
Old 25 September 2014, 07:22 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I get that all the time and mine's certainly not 'in yer face' just the way some people drive I think.
Don't know why, but for some reason get a lot of 'normal' repmobile type cars trying it on.

People who sit in the outside lane when there's fcuck all in the inside lane do tend to p!ss me off a little, however.

As for the question why Scooby owners get so much stick, that's because a lot of ******* own one. Simple as.
Old 25 September 2014, 08:01 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
As for the question why Scooby owners get so much stick, that's because a lot of ******* own one. Simple as.
Probably the best comment I've read this year....

Oh, and don't bypass the swear filter tut tut

Old 25 September 2014, 09:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *matthewturb2000*
Drivers round cambridge are like this too, I got told I must have a small ***** by a guy on a push bike then he slipped up a one way road the wrong way, the drivers seem to be ***** in mercs, lol f1 you been driving round cambridge lately .......
Nah I stick to being a **** oop Norf
Old 25 September 2014, 09:26 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I notice it more in the Evo than in the Impreza TBH

People used to let me out of a junction in the Impreza, but no such joy now.
The rear bumper is like a magnet for idiots, again something I didn't get often in the Subaru.

No abuse though, not that I've noticed anyway.

Quick Reply: Why are scoob owners given so much stick?!?!