Sponsored by:

lets not forget

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2014, 12:13 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default lets not forget

The reason most of us are on here today.. A True Legend 7 years ago today taken away far to early. R.I.P Colin Mcrae & all those who lost their lives on that day.

Old 15 September 2014, 12:26 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

7 years wow, doesn't seem that long ago
Old 15 September 2014, 12:27 PM
wrxyz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aye, time is a great healer, but unfortunately it doesnt bring them back....

Hopefully he will be flat oot in a happy place.
Old 15 September 2014, 01:41 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A loss it was but what he did was pretty irresponsible. We should not forget that either.
Old 15 September 2014, 01:45 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not again...I know im in the minority but I don't have any affinity to colon McRae at all,not a great driver merely a good one, a great driver would have won the championship more than once,colon threw his chance of multiple championships away by being out of control.
Driving apart he also killed himself,his child and most of another family by being an idiot in a helicopter he had no licence for.
Richard burns was a greater loss!
Old 15 September 2014, 01:51 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
Not again...I know im in the minority but I don't have any affinity to colon McRae at all,not a great driver merely a good one, a great driver would have won the championship more than once,colon threw his chance of multiple championships away by being out of control.
Driving apart he also killed himself,his child and most of another family by being an idiot in a helicopter he had no licence for.
He hadn't told that child's parents they were going out in a helicopter, either.

No doubt a fantastic talent but he trod the wrong side of the line once too many times that day.
Old 15 September 2014, 03:05 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Really

a helicopter he had no licence for.

Trending Topics

Old 15 September 2014, 10:56 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

COLIN Mcrae was without doubt a superb rally driver, his 'flat out' style showed how good a driver he was. many ex and current drivers were amazed at what he could do in a car, 2 times british rally champion and the youngest british driver ever to win the world championship and help the SWRT win 3 constructors titles in a row. a 'good' driver ? come on now. Ken Block is a good driver but he's no Colin Mcrae. He will always be remembered for what he did in a Subaru and as I say the reason many of us are on here today.. Long time members anyway.
Old 15 September 2014, 11:21 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Xline
You're not alone though.

I bought one because they were good cars in Gran Turismo 1 on the PlayStation.
congratulations
Old 15 September 2014, 11:41 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Xline
If you want to be grown up and mature about such a "serious and sombre subject", you could take a look at your profile pic and your location first.
what has my profile pic and location got to do with my thread
Old 16 September 2014, 12:54 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by powerwrx
what has my profile pic and location got to do with my thread
i think hes calling you a ******. Just a guess.
Old 16 September 2014, 03:02 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Travis Pastrana thinks Mcrae is a god, praise doesn't come much higher than that.

Last edited by Carnut; 16 September 2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 16 September 2014, 12:19 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Agree 100% !!!!

The word 'legend' is branded quite often for Colin, he certainly wasn't a legend in my opinion.
Old 16 September 2014, 12:25 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Agree 100% !!!!

The word 'legend' is branded quite often for Colin, he certainly wasn't a legend in my opinion.
he's only a legend to new wrx owners aged 20 who have no idea of him as a driver just a playstation game character.

he is as much as a "legend" as ken **** to me.
Old 16 September 2014, 12:31 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

he's only a legend to new wrx owners aged 20 who have no idea of him as a driver just a playstation game character.

he is as much as a "legend" as ken **** to me.
he's been branded that by fellow Rally Drivers past and present aswell as others from outside the sport, I aswell as may others label him as one of if not the best driver of his time, so that counts me out of the 20 year old wrx newbie that owns a playstation
Old 16 September 2014, 12:33 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

he's been branded that by fellow Rally Drivers past and present aswell as others from outside the sport, I aswell as may others label him as one of if not the best driver of his time, so that counts me out of the 20 year old wrx newbie that owns a playstation
do you have an "if in doubt flat out" sticker next to your "dude i nearly had you" one

but seriously if you think that fine, but personally i thought he was out of control and reckless, a good driver yes but not in control confirmed by the way he killed himself and others.

true legendary drivers are in control at all times and thats why they win multiple championships. i wonder how he would be remembered today if he hadnt been in a playstation game???

Last edited by fat-thomas; 16 September 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 16 September 2014, 12:35 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In taking himself out, he killed others, no legend to me neither, more of a reckless adult that should have taken more care of his passengers.

Last edited by brendy76; 16 September 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 16 September 2014, 12:51 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

do you have an "if in doubt flat out" sticker next to your "dude i nearly had you" one

but seriously if you think that fine, but personally i thought he was out of control and reckless, a good driver yes but not in control confirmed by the way he killed himself and others.

true legendary drivers are in control at all times and thats why they win multiple championships. i wonder how he would be remembered today if he hadnt been in a playstation game???
so by your standards anyone that has an accident away from their sport cant be classed as legendary because they were not in control at that given moment.

so Michael Schumacher is a 'good' driver but he is no legend because he had an accident outside of F1.?

Mcrae would be remembered for the on the edge flat out world champion that he was, nothing to do with a computer game.. ive seen him drive, watched him on tv.. personally ive never owned or played the computer game and I still remember him as will all of his thousands of fans out there
Old 16 September 2014, 12:53 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

so by your standards anyone that has an accident away from their sport cant be classed as legendary because they were not in control at that given moment.

so Michael Schumacher is a 'good' driver but he is no legend because he had an accident outside of F1.?

Mcrae would be remembered for the on the edge flat out world champion that he was, nothing to do with a computer game.. ive seen him drive, watched him on tv.. personally ive never owned or played the computer game and I still remember him as will all of his thousands of fans out there
no i mean by being out of control i.e. not composed enough cost him more than one championship.

he was a good driver i agree but not a legend.

michaels skiing accident is nothing like the stupidity involved in colins though is it?,no licence and flying to low and killing himself,his kid and part of another family. what a "legend"....
Old 16 September 2014, 12:54 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

I just don't think the few achievements he had make him a 'god' or a legend. He won the world championship once and came runner up a couple of times, hardly legendary is it.
What Loeb has achieved demands legendary status but because he's still alive people don't start threads about him or have silly stickers on their C4's.

If Colin had survived that helicopter crash would you all be hailing him a legend then..... I think not.
Old 16 September 2014, 12:56 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

I just don't think the few achievements he had make him a 'god' or a legend. He won the world championship once and came runner up a couple of times, hardly legendary is it.
What Loeb has achieved demands legendary status but because he's still alive people don't start threads about him or have silly stickers on their C4's.

If Colin had survived that helicopter crash would you all be hailing him a legend then..... I think not.
pretty much spot on and loeb is now doing well in another driving championship so for me much more of a legend.............**** i might buy an c4
Old 16 September 2014, 01:02 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

yes I would, I don't hail him a legend just because he has gone, I agree, what happened in the crash and the events leading upto it don't warrant any praise what so ever.. it was idiotic but im talking here about him as a rally driver and what he did when he was alive.

if you lot don't agree then you don't agree makes no difference to me
Old 16 September 2014, 01:03 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

pretty much spot on and loeb is now doing well in another driving championship so for me much more of a legend.............**** i might buy an c4
Citroën actually did a 'Loeb edition' which had a few fancy bits. A pal had one recently, nice car actually
Old 16 September 2014, 01:07 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-a...lin-mcrae.html

count up how many other thought of him as legendary
Old 16 September 2014, 01:08 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

yes I would, I don't hail him a legend just because he has gone, I agree, what happened in the crash and the events leading upto it don't warrant any praise what so ever.. it was idiotic but im talking here about him as a rally driver and what he did when he was alive.

if you lot don't agree then you don't agree makes no difference to me

We're not having a go fella, I like you and like reading your posts. We should just agree to disagree I reckon

I just don't think a couple of soft British titles and one world crown make him a legendary rally driver that's all fella.
And I don't agree with singing his praises after what he did in that helicopter.
Old 16 September 2014, 01:09 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

We're not having a go fella, I like you and like reading your posts. We should just agree to disagree I reckon

I just don't think a couple of soft British titles and one world crown make him a legendary rally driver that's all fella.
And I don't agree with singing his praises after what he did in that helicopter.
+1 for me too
Old 16 September 2014, 01:32 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Fairenough guys
Old 16 September 2014, 05:28 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

A touching tribute to Colin, although it does appear he had put on a few pounds at the time of the brush work...

Old 16 September 2014, 05:31 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
A touching tribute to Colin, although it does appear he had put on a few pounds at the time of the brush work...

What a complete ****.
Old 16 September 2014, 05:46 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

^^^^lollollollollol ...

Quick Reply: lets not forget