Sponsored by:

RODGER CLARK MOTORSPORT

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2014, 08:27 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RODGER CLARK MOTORSPORT

Hey guys im new to scooby net. I just want to get people opinion on Rodger Clark Motorsport garage. I'm having the worst time with these guys and have had to involve a solicitor. I'm just wondering if anybody else has had any bad experiences with them. If so what happened and how did you resolve it. I have a 2008 sti hatch whitch has been with them since feb this year and looking like i wont get it back any time soon. Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 06 September 2014, 08:34 PM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Jobe - I will assume your the guy who Mark *** told me about (I work with him in Angola) - if so, I am trying to collate a few stories together that might be of use to you. Once I have the info I can fire it over to you and it might help your situation out.

Russell

PS - nice Jag
Old 06 September 2014, 08:37 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Hey Russel,

Yea that's me. That would be fantastic. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks i cant wait to pick it up in 11 days when i get back from Angola.
Old 06 September 2014, 08:41 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

I don't know of a rodger clark but know of a olley and matt clark of roger clark motorsport (RCM)there one of the best subaru tuners out there,why what happened anyway?My advice if you have a problem MAN UP and take it up with them and not like this,i'm sure you will get your problem solved better and quicker,im not having ago at you,its just that RCM are one of the most efficient companies that i have used in my subaru ownership,and never ever had a problem with them(except the cost.SJ.
Old 06 September 2014, 08:53 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

stonejedi,

My car went in to them as the head gasket blew. I decided to have other work done like forded pistons, oil pump, fuel pump, full exhaust, couple of other bits done. It took months and months and months. Then the day i was going to pick it up i was told it has a big end failure. After another month of waiting i was then told it was the big end failur and was going to cost me another 3600 just in parts so the bill was now over 16k. so 9 months down the line i still have a car that is ****ed. (No fault of my own) and a bill of 16k. The car was in there possession when it went. Why should i have to pay for the end going. For all i know they could have forgot to fill with oil and whilst on roiling road it went bag. It also went to then only 2 months before the head went for a full service with all the fluids changed out. Now if the big end was on its way sourly they would have noticed bits of the bearing in the oil whilst changing. I also work away for a month at a time so after the service the car would have been drove for only 2 weeks maximum.

Thanks,
Old 06 September 2014, 09:04 PM
Petermaccoll
Scooby Regular

I have used roger clark's for the past 6 years since owning subaru's, the only company I trust with my scooby
Old 06 September 2014, 09:11 PM
derek sti
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Forded pistons,never heard of that part!!!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 06 September 2014, 09:18 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
stonejedi,

My car went in to them as the head gasket blew. I decided to have other work done like forded pistons, oil pump, fuel pump, full exhaust, couple of other bits done. It took months and months and months. Then the day i was going to pick it up i was told it has a big end failure. After another month of waiting i was then told it was the big end failur and was going to cost me another 3600 just in parts so the bill was now over 16k. so 9 months down the line i still have a car that is ****ed. (No fault of my own) and a bill of 16k. The car was in there possession when it went. Why should i have to pay for the end going. For all i know they could have forgot to fill with oil and whilst on roiling road it went bag. It also went to then only 2 months before the head went for a full service with all the fluids changed out. Now if the big end was on its way sourly they would have noticed bits of the bearing in the oil whilst changing. I also work away for a month at a time so after the service the car would have been drove for only 2 weeks maximum.

Thanks,
Doubt anyone would be able to detect signs of big end failure from just servicing (oil change) Until you start stripping the engine block down you won't have any idea what the bearings are like.

Just to clarify - it went in for H/G change, and you went for a forged rebuild done at same time, and after they built it the big end bearing went? Surely the bearings would have been changed during the rebuild?
Old 06 September 2014, 09:25 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

stonejedi,

Thanks,
Sorry to hear this sounds like abit of a nightmare reallyWhat engine is in your subaru when you had the HG failure a 2.5?.SJ.
Old 06 September 2014, 09:51 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Yea went in with head gasket failure so with it being the 2.5 i was advised to get (FORGED) pistons fitted along with other parts. I dint know to change the big end and i was not advised to have this done other wise i would have. What would be the normal practice for a garage if this happened whilst the car was in there possession. Yes it is one hell of a nightmare. I have been with out a car since February.
Old 06 September 2014, 09:52 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

stonejedi, My car went in to them as the head gasket blew. I decided to have other work done like forded pistons, oil pump, fuel pump, full exhaust, couple of other bits done. It took months and months and months. Then the day i was going to pick it up i was told it has a big end failure. After another month of waiting i was then told it was the big end failur and was going to cost me another 3600 just in parts so the bill was now over 16k. so 9 months down the line i still have a car that is ****ed. (No fault of my own) and a bill of 16k. The car was in there possession when it went. Why should i have to pay for the end going. For all i know they could have forgot to fill with oil and whilst on roiling road it went bag. It also went to then only 2 months before the head went for a full service with all the fluids changed out. Now if the big end was on its way sourly they would have noticed bits of the bearing in the oil whilst changing. I also work away for a month at a time so after the service the car would have been drove for only 2 weeks maximum. Thanks,
It does seem a bit odd. As stated if they were changing the head gaskets I would have thought they would strip the block for block facing, and to change the pistons (although that can be done without splitting)
Was there ever a mention of changing the big ends? As surely water can get on the big ends and bugger them. Were different head bolts advised, ARP or their own?.

I'd this definitely roger Clark lol? They have a good reputation.
Old 06 September 2014, 09:54 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Yea went in with head gasket failure so with it being the 2.5 i was advised to get (FORGED) pistons fitted along with other parts. I dint know to change the big end and i was not advised to have this done other wise i would have. What would be the normal practice for a garage if this happened whilst the car was in there possession. Yes it is one hell of a nightmare. I have been with out a car since February.
Replied as I did. I'm sure it's advised to change the main bearings on Head Gasket failure. Are you also saying to repair a head gasket failure and have forged pistons it was originally going to cost £12,000? Or does that include the cost of the car?

Last edited by Kwik; 06 September 2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06 September 2014, 09:55 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

seems very odd this thread. Going to the extent of changing to forged pistons you'd need to hone the block which would involve splitting it anyhow so a change of bearings would have been needed regardless.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:00 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

100 percent RCM. Yes they split the block and had it all skimmed but no mention at all of doing the big end our even looking at it. Yes it had RCM extreme head studs fitted as well. It has other bits and bobs done which brought the total to 12,600 ruffly and then 3600 just in parts to fix the big end.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:03 PM
mr hat
Scooby Regular

Hope u get it sorted mate, iv only heard good things about RCM
Old 06 September 2014, 10:06 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Is this in Yen?
Old 06 September 2014, 10:08 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

KWIK,

No i already had the car this is all just for parts and work done on the car.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:08 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

GBP I live in doncaster uk
Old 06 September 2014, 10:10 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Hope it gets sorted soon chap
Old 06 September 2014, 10:24 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Sad to hear you are having problems. I have always found RCM to be exceptional, but I know they are not quick to finish projects due to them being very busy & the fact that they are not over staffed. Hope all is resolved soon, they are highly reputable.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:33 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

After reading some more of your post the whole situation seems a little bit odd and well out of the ordinary for the RCM team as i know they are an outfit that are usually meticulous with there work my advice would be to take it up with them and ask them the same questions that you have wondered about on here and ask them why this and that was not done or checked on your engine prior to the work being done and wait for there reply and hope its a valid and satisfactory answer and if not take the matter further with them until you the paying customer is happy.SJ.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:33 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:37 PM
scoobynelly
Scooby Regular

Parts new from RCM cost a fortune. My friend took his evo 9 to norris designs for similar work. That was just shy of 15k so stop giving this chap a hard time as all he is asking for is advice. Typical keyboard warriors worrying more about spelling and grammar than actually giving some useful knowledge to the subject. My advice, you have every right to appeal against the bill if it's substantially over your original estimate. Anyone with half sense would do the same. Hope you get a decent resolve on this buddy, keep us updated.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:46 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Thanks scoobynelly. Ill keep you up dated with the out come.
Old 06 September 2014, 10:52 PM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Wow they had the car since February!

Dam that's really **** and very poor on there side to be sitting on a car for that long in there garage!

Not too far from my work that place looking at the postcode

What was there last update?
Old 06 September 2014, 10:57 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Op.....sound like a very bad experience you've had , but I been a member on here since 2002 and this is the 1st post that I've heard regarding bad experience from members when visting RCM , I dealt with Olly in the past and have found them to be very very good at customer service !!
Old 06 September 2014, 11:00 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynelly
Parts new from RCM cost a fortune. My friend took his evo 9 to norris designs for similar work. That was just shy of 15k so stop giving this chap a hard time as all he is asking for is advice. Typical keyboard warriors worrying more about spelling and grammar than actually giving some useful knowledge to the subject. My advice, you have every right to appeal against the bill if it's substantially over your original estimate. Anyone with half sense would do the same. Hope you get a decent resolve on this buddy, keep us updated.
No ones giving anyone a hard time so relax yourself,RCM is one of the most prestigious subaru companies out there just like norris design for the evo boys,i'm afraid that when you go to these kind of places for work to your cars you pay a high premium for there work and experience it sounds to me like somewhere down the line there has been a lack of communication between both parties and that will always cause problems,as i said to the OP before the people you should really be addressing these problems with are RCM themselves making things public especially with a company like RCM will achieve next to nothing,as they don't frequent sites or really give too hoots whats written on these kind of threads,as there customer base is massive the world over.I do genuinely wish you all the best and hope the situation is resolved to your liking.SJ.
Old 06 September 2014, 11:18 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a nightmare, 12k for forging a 2.5 I was aware rcm were expensive but ouch! I hope you get it all sorted bud
Old 06 September 2014, 11:40 PM
jobegold@hotmail.co.uk
Scooby Regular

The reason i went to RCM is because of there reputation. I Had better brakes fitted by them and was very happy with the service but this time has been very bad. Im not saying they are a bad company as i know they have one of if not the best reputation but iv had a very bad experience with them. My problem is not with the 12k that originally was quoted to me it is the fact that the big end went whilst it was in there possession and to fix it they want 3600 in part. Some of the part that they will have to replace iv all ready had replaced in the 12.600 so why should i pay for them twice when i haven't even drove the car. I didn't come on hear to slag them off i came on hear to get some advice.
Old 06 September 2014, 11:53 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

The reason i went to RCM is because of there reputation. I Had better brakes fitted by them and was very happy with the service but this time has been very bad. Im not saying they are a bad company as i know they have one of if not the best reputation but iv had a very bad experience with them. My problem is not with the 12k that originally was quoted to me it is the fact that the big end went whilst it was in there possession and to fix it they want 3600 in part. Some of the part that they will have to replace iv all ready had replaced in the 12.600 so why should i pay for them twice when i haven't even drove the car. I didn't come on hear to slag them off i came on hear to get some advice.
Advice has been given my friend,first thing monday morning get on the phone and arrange a meeting with olley to discuss your concerns face to face and all the things that you know don't sound right ask for an explanation,Quality parts do cost alot though and purchasing them from RCM comes at a premium even without taking into consideration the labor cost,talk to them mate asap.SJ.

Quick Reply: RODGER CLARK MOTORSPORT