ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Jdm widetrack or spec c blobeye

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2014, 08:19 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Jdm widetrack or spec c blobeye

Ok so going to be in the market shortly for another sub I was ideally looking at either a blob spec c or a jdm widetrack.. Now all I've known is classics so the whole Newage seen is newish to me and am looking for abit of help.

I want a sub that is going to hold its value in the long run and not just a standard sti which is why I have narrowed it down to the above 2 models I'm not sure there is much else I can choose from?

I have a heathy budget but tbh there doesn't seem to be a lot out there atm, i was really intrested in jakes spec c but now at chesire performace and a massive mark up I really neither want to pay or can afford it at £14k

I can see sva imports have a spec c blob on eBay at £9.5kish but not sure if it slightly over priced I feel it is but only slightly
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Subar...item3393019434

Also I thought the interior was black Alcantera with the red sti logo and no spoiler ?, i just feel Its missing certain component and is still at a high ish price, Im Just concerned about the of funding its going to take to get the car where I want it I no its not gonna happen all at once but would so like some people views on the sva spec c.

Thanks ...... Csf
Old 07 August 2014, 08:24 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered the various Litchfield Type 20s (if you can find one)? That gives you all the nice JDM goodies along with some extras (uprated suspension, etc) and a very limited production run.
Old 07 August 2014, 08:28 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

The only one I can see forsale is a hursts I think its running a 2.5l which although I belive is forged I was thinking of staying 2L

So in answer to your question yes I have been looking at the litchfields but there few and far between as you say.
Old 07 August 2014, 08:45 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crazyspeedfreakz
i just feel Its missing certain component and is still at a high ish price,
No Brembo's for a start, and poverty spec interior. It's possibly one that was originally destined for motorsport use.

You probably know this, not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, but all Spec C's are JDM, and late blobeyes are widetrack models.
Old 07 August 2014, 09:13 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Missed the fact the brembos are missing ...good spot Micky

Yep I no the spec c's are all jdm but didn't no all late blobs were widetrack so
I guess the spec c is going to be the winner in terms of going to hold it value, (hopefully) if all late blobs are widetrack...
Old 08 August 2014, 11:23 AM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Helpppp people please..... What are your views on the t25 at hursts this is another option I no its running a 2.5l engine but is forged obviously as its a t25.

Are there any write ups anywhere on there's models I mean I no it would have come with twin scroll from factory, would the fact it's now a 2.5 mean its lost that ?? Or is it still twin scroll, like I said Newage is new to me so need as much help as pos
http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/used-cars...01407075600965
Old 08 August 2014, 11:40 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chesire performace
Run away from that outfit as fast as you can
Old 08 August 2014, 11:44 AM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for spec c limited with ac,el windows,black interior, abs, etc
Wouldn't touch t25 no idea is forged or not.
You could get forged spec d hawk for 11k,but is gone to Cheshire performance.
Hawk has spec c suspension to ,is heavier but You could remove some godies to make it lighter.
If You after blob only 2.0 than
Old 08 August 2014, 12:48 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Helpppp people please..... What are your views on the t25 at hursts this is another option I no its running a 2.5l engine but is forged obviously as its a t25.

Are there any write ups anywhere on there's models I mean I no it would have come with twin scroll from factory, would the fact it's now a 2.5 mean its lost that ?? Or is it still twin scroll, like I said Newage is new to me so need as much help as pos
http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/used-cars...01407075600965
Ad says it's a forged and Cossie'd engine (which I think all 2.5 Blobs were?).
IIrc this was the subject of a thread a couple of weeks back, outcome was no uncertainty about its authenticity, verified by Litchfield.

Would probably hold its value, although of course the price is a commercial, not private one, so at a guess you'd 'lose' a couple of thou regardless.

The price of the one at CP doesn't make sense. Although businesses have to make a reasonable mark-up, CJ's former car is now priced at 85% of T20/T25 Hawks (average advertised over past year or so).
This one's a T25 Blob priced at about 65% of that level, and it's only a year older.

I'd say worth a look.
Old 08 August 2014, 02:11 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

I thought all jdm blobs were 2L I was under the impression the uk's were 2.5L.... Is this just all part of the litchfield conversion. So t25 = 2.5 T20 = 2L

Also can anyone tell me if this is still twin scroll or single ( sorry if this seems a stupid question just with it been a jdm spec c I'm under the impression it would be like this from standard or would it be changed when converting to 2.5l )

Another question between the t25 & t20 which is the more desirable model and why....
Old 08 August 2014, 02:14 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

This thread should have all you need to know https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...urst-cars.html
Old 08 August 2014, 02:29 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought all jdm blobs were 2L I was under the impression the uk's were 2.5L.... Is this just all part of the litchfield conversion. So t25 = 2.5 T20 = 2L

Also can anyone tell me if this is still twin scroll or single ( sorry if this seems a stupid question just with it been a jdm spec c I'm under the impression it would be like this from standard or would it be changed when converting to 2.5l )

Another question between the t25 & t20 which is the more desirable model and why....

jdm blobs are twin scroll 2.0. uk blobs are single scroll 2.0.
its the hawk that is 2.5 in uk spec, jdms are still 2.0
personally i wouldnt bother paying the premium for a litchfiled car as its just a few bolt on items which you can do yourself, i know you will get the "turn around touch the ground its the best car ever" comments but its really just a standard car with some coilovers and a few other bits.

obviously the difference between the t20 and t25 is one has a 2.0 engine the other a 2.5
Old 08 August 2014, 02:36 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fat-thomas
jdm blobs are twin scroll 2.0. uk blobs are single scroll 2.0.
its the hawk that is 2.5 in uk spec, jdms are still 2.0
personally i wouldnt bother paying the premium for a litchfiled car as its just a few bolt on items which you can do yourself, i know you will get the "turn around touch the ground its the best car ever" comments but its really just a standard car with some coilovers and a few other bits.

obviously the difference between the t20 and t25 is one has a 2.0 engine the other a 2.5
The BLOB type 25 is a jdm car that has a 2.5 and does not just have a few bolt on bit's, it's developed and tested by cosworth.

Last edited by Carnut; 08 August 2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08 August 2014, 02:43 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by chris j t
The BLOB type 25 is a jdm car that has a 2.5 and does not just have a few bolt on bit's, it's developed and tested by cosworth.
id check your google info my friend its a jdm car with a u.s. 2.5 engine in it
Old 08 August 2014, 02:43 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

This thread should have all you need to know https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...urst-cars.html

Hi chris.... Thanks for that little read

I'm still wondering about my previous question though Will this car be single or twin scroll would u be able to say ?
Old 08 August 2014, 02:47 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Are you sure? The Blob Type 25 was developed by Litchfield and Powerstation. I don't recall a Cosworth connection.
Old 08 August 2014, 02:47 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Originally Posted by Maz
Are you sure? The Blob Type 25 was developed by Litchfield and Powerstation. I don't recall a Cosworth connection.
Old 08 August 2014, 02:48 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

An unchanged block iirc. The heads were played with and a bespoke turbo was fitted.
Old 08 August 2014, 03:03 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

First of all, you had it completely wrong in the first case it was me educating you that brought you to Google and you found that info, you had been saying the blob type 25 has a 2.0, now you come back telling me where the 2.5 was developed

Originally Posted by Maz
Maz, I have to hold my hands up, cosworth were brought in with developing the hawk type 25 not the blob 25.

Having sold a number of versions over the last few years, we have developed a real understanding for what a Type−25 owner wants and expects. With this in mind, we now offer the Type−25 in two distinct versions; standard and Spec C. Both feature the same 415bhp Cosworth engine and acclaimed chassis but have different emphasis.Our new UK built Subaru Impreza Type−25 has been over a year in development and sees us make significant performance gains from the previous model. In order to produce the power we wanted, work began testing new engine components early last year. Fortunately, at the same time, Cosworth Inc. had seen some of our press features in US magazines and contacted us during late Summer 2005. They were looking at new Subaru products and wondered if there was anything they could help with. We sent them the previous Type−25 and Spec C engine components which were tested and evaluated.

Back to you.

Last edited by Carnut; 08 August 2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08 August 2014, 03:21 PM
328isport
Scooby Regular

If your after something a bit special that will hold it's money and can you accept the looks of a bug, I'd search out a S202, should get a very nice one at the top end of your budget.
Old 08 August 2014, 03:31 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 328isport
If your after something a bit special that will hold it's money and can you accept the looks of a bug, I'd search out a S202, should get a very nice one at the top end of your budget.
there's a nice s204 at torque gt in devon but it's a bit pricey http://torque-gt.co.uk/car/subaru-impreza-s204/
Old 08 August 2014, 03:34 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Hi chris.... Thanks for that little read

I'm still wondering about my previous question though Will this car be single or twin scroll would u be able to say ?
Here's another type 25 for sale http://torque-gt.co.uk/car/subaru-impreza-type-25/

And a bit more info on the type 25 http://www.type-25.co.uk/home.asp#1
Old 08 August 2014, 04:00 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 328isport

I just couldn't live with a bug tbh... I no they (s202) hold value but
The bug although some people love is just not for me...

I would consider a hawk but the higher tax band is a killer

I love the look of the blob which is why I'm now looking in to whats out there
T20 /25 Spec c widetrack blob

What to do ....lol
Old 08 August 2014, 05:33 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I just couldn't live with a bug tbh... I no they (s202) hold value but
The bug although some people love is just not for me...

I would consider a hawk but the higher tax band is a killer

I love the look of the blob which is why I'm now looking in to whats out there
T20 /25 Spec c widetrack blob

What to do ....lol
What do you want. a) a standard car that you can mod. b) a standard car to stay standard c) a modified car already done?

If you want a standard car to mod then either jdm or uk sti, if you want a standard car that stays standard then maybe a jdm, if you want the end product then the type 25 is the one I would go for, it will hold it's value better than a car modded by someone else and has been done to a high standard.
Old 08 August 2014, 06:09 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

What I'm after is a sub that will not massively drop in value after a few year and a sub that I can mod...
Ideally a spec c widetrack blob maybe with a few goodie on that I can continue to modify as the years go on.

But I guess its a waiting game
Old 08 August 2014, 06:31 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you've answered your own question then.

Spec C.

I think the one in the link is a good place to start, ok it's the motorsport version, but at £9.5k from a dealer it's good value in my eyes, leaves change for a set of AP 4 pots and some sexy seats up front, map for uk fuel and jobs a good un until the next round of mods, good solid base for a near as damn it 500bhp car like Shauns on here.
Old 08 August 2014, 07:03 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

I didn't no they done a widetrack spec c this is the model I think I would
Be most interested in, until I put up this thread I thought it was one or the other
But I guess there like hens teeth so may have to settle for a spec c unless
Something comes up....
Old 08 August 2014, 08:20 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

First of all, you had it completely wrong in the first case it was me educating you that brought you to Google and you found that info, you had been saying the blob type 25 has a 2.0, now you come back telling me where the 2.5 was developed

Back to you.
Or me. Learn to read, or use google better.

Litchfield/Powerstation did a Type 20 and a Type 25, hence slims comments about the engine differences.

IMO, there's nothing special about the Litchfield conversions, it is like slim says a few bolt ons that you got charged a premium for at the time. They are all getting a bit long in the tooth now, and turbo's etc have moved on considerably in the meantime.
Old 08 August 2014, 08:22 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I think you've answered your own question then.

Spec C.

I think the one in the link is a good place to start, ok it's the motorsport version, but at £9.5k from a dealer it's good value in my eyes, leaves change for a set of AP 4 pots and some sexy seats up front, map for uk fuel and jobs a good un until the next round of mods, good solid base for a near as damn it 500bhp car like Shauns old car on here.
EFA Fully agree though, nothing a set of wheels, brakes and seat wouldn't cure.
Old 08 August 2014, 08:27 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I have a jdm widetrack blob, don't dismiss one over a spec c if you are using it daily, they are mechanically the same apart from roller bearing turbo and added oil coolers.
On the narrow track I understand the spec c has a few suspension and other differences to the sti but widetrack adopted spec c suspension as std.
The spec c is lighter but if you add the items to make it a better daily, like boot trim underseal etc, the weight difference will be less.

Quick Reply: Jdm widetrack or spec c blobeye