Sponsored by:

New Impreza Owner

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2014, 07:16 PM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Impreza Owner

Hi all, Names Corey, from Portsmouth. Have just put a deposit on a green Impreza GC8, so I'm really looking forward to picking her up!

Hoping to attend a few meets, meet other Subaru people and learn more about the car. I'm coming from a history of Honda's so this is a completely different kettle of fish for me!

A quick question, my car has a TD04 turbo on, but I need to get the copper washers for the water lines as they leak before I drive it home, I don't suppose anyone knows what size the washers are? If not I'll just get a handful of different sizes and hope for the best!

Anyway a picture of the new car. I'll take some more when I get her home next week after a good clean!

And an arty picture

Old 27 April 2014, 07:26 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

Hi Corey, welcome to scooby ownership!

looks a nice motor mate, when are you picking it up? If theres a few days involved PM me i may have whats needed and some advice.

Theres plenty of folks on here that will give you the best advice. I know you are in portsmouth and its quite a distance, but David or Simon @ API in Warwickshire are true diamonds in my opinion so always seek their professional opinion if you are unsure.

My only 2 pence - get a bloody spoiler on there!

have fun mate,

Tom
Old 27 April 2014, 07:31 PM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Thanks buddy. I'm picking her up a week Monday, the current owner is taking her to be MOT'd for me before I grab her which is good of him.

There are a few bits that need attention, such as the car doesn't lock, so I will be on the lookout for a complete lock set. Luckly I am able to set the alarm without the car locking so I'm happy to leave it outside overnight.

I've got a spoiler to go on, it is in need of painting so I have it here in primer, it will go on as soon as its painted though.

I've not heard of API if I'm honest, although this is the first time I've even looked at a Subaru so I have no idea what I'm doing
Old 27 April 2014, 07:37 PM
marco58
Scooby Regular

Hello mate nice looking classic get her back to standard
Old 27 April 2014, 07:38 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

ah plenty of guys and gals here to steer you right. good forums.

As with the locks, i had the same problem on my 93 wrx, look inside the rubber section that protects the wires when you open the doors. Mine had split the wires. Very easy fix if that is the problem......

Hope you enjoy it - imprezas IMHO are wayyyy better than women. They do share one thing in common though. They may not moan but they do like money spent on them...
Old 27 April 2014, 07:46 PM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marco58
Hello mate nice looking classic get her back to standard
Cheers dude, once the spoiler is on I will remove the tints and leave her as it is for a while, I'm really happy with the way she looks. I might get some new wheels in future but we shall see.

Originally Posted by tomk86
ah plenty of guys and gals here to steer you right. good forums.

As with the locks, i had the same problem on my 93 wrx, look inside the rubber section that protects the wires when you open the doors. Mine had split the wires. Very easy fix if that is the problem......

Hope you enjoy it - imprezas IMHO are wayyyy better than women. They do share one thing in common though. They may not moan but they do like money spent on them...
Ahh thanks, I'll have to have a look and see what the problem is. The current owner said you can get a brand new set of locks for £80ish, I'm not sure where from but thats a great price in all honesty!

Haha the Scooby will have loads of money spent on here, will make me skint! The Mrs doesn't like Impreza's, but I'm sure she will start to love this one. If I'm honest before going to see this one I thought the front end wasn't that great, this car has proved me wrong!
Old 27 April 2014, 08:06 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Welcome along to ScoobyNet
Old 27 April 2014, 11:42 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I wish people would stop buying cars I only have one drive and I won't them all lol. Good luck buddy hope it goes well.
Old 27 April 2014, 11:59 PM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys I'm looking forward to it, my first proper car!
Old 28 April 2014, 08:10 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Go and see Alan @ Engine Tuner one of the best in the country and in your town too.
Old 28 April 2014, 12:03 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Go and see Alan @ Engine Tuner one of the best in the country and in your town too.
Alan is close to Plymouth mate NOT Portsmouth.

David
Old 28 April 2014, 03:53 PM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Haha Plymouth is about a 4 hour drive from me! However if I can persuade the mrs to go on hols down that way I may go in