Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge thanks to APi impreza for getting my STi 330s hatchback back on the road

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2014, 10:46 PM
JBUK
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge thanks to APi impreza for getting my STi 330s hatchback back on the road

Finally got my car remapped and run in and wow what a beast and joy to drive it is!!

Had the piston failure back in October 2013 and decided to take my car down to API in December to get it rebuilt properly after hearing all the reviews on here and others experiences with the standard engines - my car had 2 in the space of 8k miles under it's previous ownership.

We had an issue remapping it and would lose power at 4000rpm which turned out to be the exhaust, the catalyst material had collapsed on itself, usually caused by leaded or similar petrol being used David told me and highly unusual. I've certainly never put anything like that in it and find it hard to believe anyone would on purpose, accident perhaps but I don't own or have use for leaded or anything other than unleaded personally so definitely not me

My experience with API was extremely positive and they managed to get my car back on the road within a few days of finding this. This is after they had first stripped out the engine and tested it all and found it was working perfectly, they also replaced the fly wheels for good measure, all of this was at no extra cost to myself except the cost for the exhaust!

What is impressive is we could not easily source an exhaust to fit and was told 10 days from hayward & scott, 30 days from miltek. David from API arranged an exhaust from one of his own subaru hatchbacks to be used! Photo of exhaust here.

Just put my foot flat down in sport sharp mode revving up to 5500rpm and WOW it can go, wish I had upgraded the brake pads though

Overall very impressive service from APi and wouldn't hesitate to use them again despite being a 320 mile roundtrip.

Last edited by JBUK; 14 April 2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 14 April 2014, 11:44 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your back on the road just enjoy it now
Old 15 April 2014, 10:04 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks JB Much appreciated and Thanks for your custom. It was the VVT timing wheels we changed not the 'flywheels '

Good Luck from all here at APi