Looking to buy a Hawkeye STi

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2014, 11:39 AM
corno
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a Hawkeye STi

Hi all,

Looking to buy a Hawkeye STi this weekend or next as my T5 is currently up for sale. I've found a few cars that looked good but have then read bad reviews about the dealers (Boyz Toyz ltd, Graham Walker, C Performance..). I'm wanting to buy from a dealer as a bit of peace of mind and a warranty etc. Can anyone recommend me a dealer? I'm based in Worcester but willing to travel a hundred miles or so

Cheers!
Old 14 April 2014, 01:45 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd avoid anything with the name 'Boyz Toyz'. Seriously, who comes up with something as bad as that?! Sorry I can't be of further help!
Old 14 April 2014, 03:38 PM
corno
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
I'd avoid anything with the name 'Boyz Toyz'. Seriously, who comes up with something as bad as that?! Sorry I can't be of further help!
Nailed it.. I guess it'll attract some clients but I wouldn't want to put myself under the same clientele
Old 14 April 2014, 06:14 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Has Cross Roads got any hawkeye's in??? There not a million miles from you in Shipston-on-Stour!!

http://www.subaruvehicles.co.uk/
Old 14 April 2014, 06:34 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corno
Hi all,

Looking to buy a Hawkeye STi this weekend or next as my T5 is currently up for sale. I've found a few cars that looked good but have then read bad reviews about the dealers (Boyz Toyz ltd, Graham Walker, C Performance..). I'm wanting to buy from a dealer as a bit of peace of mind and a warranty etc. Can anyone recommend me a dealer? I'm based in Worcester but willing to travel a hundred miles or so

Cheers!
The warranty that the cars come with is something you can get on any car new or old its just insurance for engine and gearboxs etc.I have bought cars from dealers in the past and just told them to scrap the warrant and take the money off the price. Its not quite the same as you get on a new car.Try What car magazine I think they list the good ones.
Old 14 April 2014, 06:58 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Ultimate do a 1 year warranty for £349
Old 14 April 2014, 08:57 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Contact brittaina 4x4 ,,his name is Paul he is a great bloke from Worcester that sources scoobs for buyers,,, got my 55 plate hawkeye for me with low miles and a great price
Old 15 April 2014, 08:12 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Jperformance used to have some good examples on their website. Was a father son setup. The son Sam I think his name was dealt with the subaru side if things although they don't seem to show up on piston heads that much anymore but a company called nas performance do and the pictures in some look like the same so they may of changed names

If it were me I would be speaking to the guy at Hurst cars, think he goes by max and is a member on here. Looks like he's started importing them to so a Jdm hawkeye could be your choice

Good luck
Old 15 April 2014, 09:25 AM
corno
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Has Cross Roads got any hawkeye's in??? There not a million miles from you in Shipston-on-Stour!!

http://www.subaruvehicles.co.uk/
They're close but no stock unfortunately.. Cheers though!

Originally Posted by domino46
Contact brittaina 4x4 ,,his name is Paul he is a great bloke from Worcester that sources scoobs for buyers,,, got my 55 plate hawkeye for me with low miles and a great price
Thanks man, I'll give him a call this morning! Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by stevie1982
Jperformance used to have some good examples on their website. Was a father son setup. The son Sam I think his name was dealt with the subaru side if things although they don't seem to show up on piston heads that much anymore but a company called nas performance do and the pictures in some look like the same so they may of changed names

If it were me I would be speaking to the guy at Hurst cars, think he goes by max and is a member on here. Looks like he's started importing them to so a Jdm hawkeye could be your choice

Good luck
I saw a few of their adverts on Pistonheads and the cars all looked incredible, but all of their listed stock had sold. I'd given them an email a week or two ago but no reply.. Will try again, cheers!
Old 15 April 2014, 10:16 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

torque gt in devon has a s204 for sale on their page and also it looks like they are importing a white hawk currently,looks pretty nice,looks like they have a good selection from other manufacturers aswell.not sure about their reputation tho.
Old 15 April 2014, 10:40 AM
theo289
Scooby Regular

Hi all,

Cheers!
I'm off to graham walkers this weekend to pick up a scooby. So once I've been there and dealt with them, I'll let you know.

I am Bristol based to travelling a good hundred miles to get there too
Old 15 April 2014, 11:44 AM
corno
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theo289
I'm off to graham walkers this weekend to pick up a scooby. So once I've been there and dealt with them, I'll let you know.

I am Bristol based to travelling a good hundred miles to get there too
Awesome! Might even see you there If not then I hope it goes well and you drive away in a decent car!
Old 15 April 2014, 11:47 AM
theo289
Scooby Regular

Awesome! Might even see you there If not then I hope it goes well and you drive away in a decent car!
They seem pretty good and have quite a diverse range of scoobys theres a lot of meets in Bristol so may be worth popping down and saying hello
Old 15 April 2014, 12:54 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

I looked at walkers website cpl days ago , he had at least 5 Hawks in
Old 15 April 2014, 04:05 PM
corno
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theo289
They seem pretty good and have quite a diverse range of scoobys theres a lot of meets in Bristol so may be worth popping down and saying hello
Definitely! I used to go to uni in Bristol and go down once every few months to see mates and that, I'll be sure to let you know if I do

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze
I looked at walkers website cpl days ago , he had at least 5 Hawks in
Plenty of stock on Walkers site with two cars that tick all my boxes.. I've just read bad things online? Should probably take it with a pinch of salt, but saying that and spending £10k+ don't go hand in hand lol..