Is Scooby Sprint / Live / Shootout happening this year? - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum > Events > Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive
Reload this Page >

Is Scooby Sprint / Live / Shootout happening this year?

Notices
Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive The UK's fastest Scoobies, compete against the clock, and head to head.

Is Scooby Sprint / Live / Shootout happening this year?

Old 07 April 2010, 01:07 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior

Default Is Scooby Sprint / Live / Shootout happening this year?

When and Where?

Thanks
Old 08 April 2010, 11:57 AM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

Scooby Sprint will have it's own series this year - see the Scoobysprint website. Simon is in the process of sorting dates.

Straightliners have their own series (not subaru exclusive), Scooby Live/Shootout is not planned but that may change see here - http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...c;f=1;t=005843

Cheers

Clive
Old 08 April 2010, 09:12 PM
Shaun
1st - ScoobySprint Final

Just to further clarify....

ScoobyLive is run by the same organisers as this years ScoobySprint Championship and is being planned to run in 2010 as it has been for the past 4yrs, which will naturally coincide with the ScoobySprint Final. Details of venues and dates are to be released for 2010 very shortly.

ScoobyShootOut is a totally separate event.
Old 09 April 2010, 12:02 AM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Just to further clarify....

ScoobyLive is run by the same organisers as this years ScoobySprint Championship and is being planned to run in 2010 as it has been for the past 4yrs, which will naturally coincide with the ScoobySprint Final. Details of venues and dates are to be released for 2010 very shortly.

ScoobyShootOut is a totally separate event.
Shaun,

Are you not confusing thing more ? Are you saying Simon is arranging a drag event for the last round ? If so then first I have heard.

Lets not get in to a political game again which spoiled last years final event. Two different championships as I see it and a possible SSO ? Please correct me if I am wrong. Scoobylive is what exactly ?

Clive
Old 09 April 2010, 09:50 AM
Shaun
1st - ScoobySprint Final

Clive,
As regards to what happened last year.... I think you need to be in pocession of all the facts first mate. Anyway, that was last year and this is now!

Since 2006 ScoobyLive has been the main headline event name for Subaru's, held once a year FEATURING ScoobyShootOut. ScoobyLive was about the expansion of the community aspect (clubs, display area's etc) and the handling circuit, but the overall event was called ScoobyLive featuring ScoobyShootOut from 2006 to 2008. ScoobyShootOut was the Drag element owned by TOTB/Straightliners.

ScoobySprint was an extension of the ScoobyLive event (Handling) and expanded in to a Championship.

ScoobySprint, ScoobySprint Championship & ScoobyLive have nothing to do Straightliners / TOTB.

Putting it simply:

*ScoobySprint Championship with multiple rounds and venues
*ScoobyLive to tie in with the Final of the ScoobySprint Championship

I appreciate it may all sound confusing!

I'm sure it will be much clearer once the calendar, rules and regs etc are launched for the ScoobySprint Championship 2010.

Taken from www.scoobysprint.com & posted by Simon yesterday.

Good news guys.. Things are really taking shape now. I think we have the venues just about sorted, and I'm working hard to get them released tomorrow as planned!
Old 09 April 2010, 10:05 AM
Mad Hammer
Scooby Regular

Clive,
As regards to what happened last year.... I think you need to be in pocession of all the facts first mate. Anyway, that was last year and this is now!

Since 2006 ScoobyLive has been the main headline event name for Subaru's, held once a year FEATURING ScoobyShootOut. ScoobyLive was about the expansion of the community aspect (clubs, display area's etc) and the handling circuit, but the overall event was called ScoobyLive featuring ScoobyShootOut from 2006 to 2008. ScoobyShootOut was the Drag element owned by TOTB/Straightliners.

ScoobySprint was an extension of the ScoobyLive event (Handling) and expanded in to a Championship.

ScoobySprint, ScoobySprint Championship & ScoobyLive have nothing to do Straightliners / TOTB.

Putting it simply:

I'm sure it will be much clearer once the calendar, rules and regs etc are launched for the ScoobySprint Championship 2010.

Nice one mate, thanks for clearing that all up.

I for one am pleased that we have a couple of sprint championships to have a go at and if there is a Scoobylive event as part of Scoobysprint then great !
Old 13 April 2010, 07:48 PM
bishop
Scooby Regular

Default Scooby Shoot Out

Clive,

Putting it simply:

And the provisional date for the Scooby Shoot Out at Elvington using the original format of a Handling Circuit and Drag Strip is the 3rd of October and has Shaun says this is not conected in any way to (Scooby Live or the Scooby Sprint Championship) run by SDB
but the 3rd Oct is the finals of the Grudgement day series of events taking place at Elvington troughout the year as well as the Scooby Shoot Out,,i hope that helps to make it all a bit clearer,,,,,Trevor (Straightliners)
Old 13 April 2010, 09:55 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior

Sorry for asking this question originally, seems to have highlighted some confusion, but now, with the latter posts, the confusion is cleared?

Well, I think it is!

Thanks all

Neil