Notices
Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive The UK's fastest Scoobies, compete against the clock, and head to head.

Official Full Results - ScoobyLive ScoobyShootout 2008

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2008, 01:15 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Official Full Results - ScoobyLive ScoobyShootout 2008

Scoobylive featuring Scoobyshootout Trophy winners List 2008

1/4 Mile
13.3s Class
1st - Lateral Performance Stainless Steel Tubular Manifold, 3 bolt up-pipe and £50 Millers Oils voucher
Winner-GUY FIELD

2nd - Lateral Performance Fuelab fuel regulator, with gauge
DANIEL BYRNE

3rd - Lateral Performance Walbro 255lt fuel pump kit
JAMES HOLT

12.3s Class
1st - Lateral Performance Stainless Steel Tubular Manifold, 3 bolt up-pipe and £50 Millers Oils voucher
Winner-MARK BRANSON

MICKY WARDLE

PAUL FINNEGAN

11.3s Class
1st - Andy Forrest Performance £100 gift voucher and £50 Millers Oils voucher
Winner-GARETH EVANS

2nd - Andy Forrest Performance £100 gift voucher
PAUL CRAFTS

3rd - 12 months ScoobyNet Plus membership
PAUL MURRAY

Pro Drag Class
1st - OMA Performance Gizzmo Boost Controller and £50 Millers Oils voucher
Trophy
Winner-OLLY CLARKE RCM 9.37S 144MPH
(PRIZE AWARDED TO MIKEE SINGH FASTEST NON TUNER)

Drag Shootout Champion
AET Turbos Rolling Road Session, Free Entry to Redline TOTB7, 12 Months Subscription to Japanese Performance Magazine, £50 Millers Oils voucher-
WINNER- MIKEE SINGH
RUNNER UP- OLLY CLARKE RCM

Fastest 60ft time
TOTB Ltd Redline TOTB 6 DVD
WINNER- OLLY CLARKE RCM 1.470S 60FT
Fastest non tuner B Coward 1.6s

Handling Circuit
1st - CG Lock trackday safety belt lock
OLLY CLARKE RCM

2nd - Practical Performance Car 12 Months subscription and T Shirt
MIKEE SINGH

TOM DUNSTAN

Handling Shootout Champion
AET Turbos Rolling Road Session, Free Entry to Redline TOTB7, 12 Months Subscription to Japanese Performance Magazine, £50 Millers Oils voucher
WINNER- OLLY CLARKE RCM 36.969S

Full results as attached!!

Regards,
Shaun
Attached Files
File Type: doc
25.05.08 Circuit.doc (37.5 KB, 0 views)
25.05.08 Eliminations.doc (29.5 KB, 0 views)
25.05.08 Quarters Scooby.doc (71.5 KB, 0 views)
25.05.08 Shootout.doc (26.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 29 May 2008, 01:19 PM
wrxginge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Kev and Mikeys car a non-tuner then?
Old 29 May 2008, 01:24 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic

Shaun, handling 2nd place is wrong
Old 29 May 2008, 01:50 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wrxginge
Is Kev and Mikeys car a non-tuner then?
Yep, my car still, Scoobyclinic are my main sponsor, i'm more than happy for them to take credit for the car though as they put alot of effort and hours into the car to make it the winner it is
Old 29 May 2008, 01:58 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Default JUST TO CLARIFY

AS PER TITLE ............

Scooby clinic get together with its loyal customer base, whom choose to have The scoobyclinic livery on their cars...

We pay their entries and maintain their cars, and I stress THEIR cars, at the event, with a team of mechanics as track side support

We also put mikee's car forward as a tuners car with it ruinning just under the pro class noise restictions not the non tuners strict 103 db

So the answer to an early question we did put them through as a sponsoured car for this event only, we did beat the gobstopper in the dragstrip final, head to head .... you can even ask a personal friend of scoobyclinic ... olly clark
We feel its a joint win Olly first on the handling and us 2nd. On the dragstrip us first, olly 2nd.

And as Flat 4 (kevin horsley/ mikee singh) has said it's their car we ran as a pro car as our main pro car is nearing compleation at our workshop
Old 29 May 2008, 02:14 PM
scoobybint
Scooby Newbie

Default car 19 Rob Wakelin

im so pleased to see a down to earth regular guy at the show who has done his car in his own garage (small one) no one has heard of him and hasnt even had press and he went out with a slipping clutch on the handling circuit and only a second off ollie clarke's time he advised he had only spent £10K which is incrdible i think it is amazing he came 4th and it is his first time. The people who have done it for the first time hope you had a great time and praise the lot of you watch out for a girl doing it next year though as im desperate to show girls can do it in their scoobys !!!!!!!! congratulations to you all
Old 29 May 2008, 02:21 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Default As from the downloaded time sheet

Scoobylive featuring Scoobyshootout 2008

Times for Elvington 25 May 2008

Weather Sunny, very windy Timekeepers Martyn and Helen Greathead

No. Name Machine Best t1

Pro Class 9.39 Record
Andy Forrest

2 Olly Clarke Impreza 9.37
40 Steven Darley Impreza 10.31
60 Mikee Singh Impreza RA 10.56

Just to get kev off the roof screaming

were we not in pro class as seen here

pls clarify class why did we not com first in pro class but on here were in pro class... all i can say ......

Old 29 May 2008, 02:27 PM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobybint
im so pleased to see a down to earth regular guy at the show who has done his car in his own garage (small one) no one has heard of him and hasnt even had press and he went out with a slipping clutch on the handling circuit and only a second off ollie clarke's time he advised he had only spent £10K which is incrdible i think it is amazing he came 4th and it is his first time. The people who have done it for the first time hope you had a great time and praise the lot of you watch out for a girl doing it next year though as im desperate to show girls can do it in their scoobys !!!!!!!! congratulations to you all
Yes well done Rob

awesome driving as his car only pulls 12.07 on the 1/4 mile, yet is only 1 second off ollies time on the handling circuit.

Shame I was racing in Scotland. so could not watch

Good to see you on Friday
Old 29 May 2008, 02:30 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

just to clarify there is no seperate entry fee/form for Scoobylive- Scoobyshootout to distinguish between tuners and non tuners. so no one was listed/not listed intentionally. TOTB is different and a seperate fee is payable which includes the tuner name being used in the dvd titles and official results.
just before anyone thinks there was an ulterior motive, which there wasnt.
:-)

the prizes/awards were adjusted to allow non tuners to win the actual prize itself, when the trophy winner was obviously a tuner entry ie RCM won the handling shootout but the prize was passed down by them to Mikee/kev.

maybe this is something to seperate out for next year so that anyone wanting a tuner name listing must do so upfront. the "pro-drag" distinction at this event purely related to cars running sub 11.3s, nothing to do with them being tuner/pro cars, private individuals can also enter the pro class if quick enough.
hope that clears up any misunderstanding as no one intended upseting anyone over entry names
Old 29 May 2008, 02:41 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

There again my Spec D only did a 12.78 on the 1/4 mile but was only 0.7 seconds off Ollie's time on the handling circuit

My car was not specially prepared for the event, it is a fully trimmed road car complete with full leather interior, extra soundproofing, aircon, radio, satnav, etc etc and Sunday was the first time Tom had driven it since Scooby Shoot Out 2007.

So it only goes to show you don't even need to own a garage, or a car prepared for this sort of event or for Time Attack to do well.
Old 29 May 2008, 02:47 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

HI,
what a farce
Just like the handling circuit, we set a good time along with olly, then the wind gets up, the cheap un-wieghted cones blow all over the place, some getting trapped under cars, and the circuit changes shape, we retire untill the track gets sorted, some sand bags would have helped, then suddenly cars are setting un-bellievable times, cars which were clearly way behind earlier in the day, look at the times between the top two and the next 3 on the handleing final, it should have been re-run.
Like I say a farce.
Two cars head to head on the drag final and at last, in a sporting way, someone beats the gobstoper, olly shaking his head with his usuall huge pleasant smile, shaking hands with scoobyclinics mikee.
A result we think

Cheers
Kev
Old 29 May 2008, 02:50 PM
scoobybint
Scooby Newbie

from what i saw being a mechanic myself robs was also standard inside to with all orginal features as he does hillclimbs in the road going car class im glad to see all cars from different classes and like i say watch this space for the girl racing next year as there are not enough!
Old 29 May 2008, 02:56 PM
scoobybint
Scooby Newbie

i think this is an outrage!!!!! your clearly stating that people cannot get better with times through out the day then your wrong people usually get better the more they race!!!
Old 29 May 2008, 03:11 PM
scoobybint
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by RobinSherwood
There again my Spec D only did a 12.78 on the 1/4 mile but was only 0.7 seconds off Ollie's time on the handling circuit

My car was not specially prepared for the event, it is a fully trimmed road car complete with full leather interior, extra soundproofing, aircon, radio, satnav, etc etc and Sunday was the first time Tom had driven it since Scooby Shoot Out 2007.

So it only goes to show you don't even need to own a garage, or a car prepared for this sort of event or for Time Attack to do well.
well done robin and tom you were both great saw the excellent driving brill!!!!
Old 29 May 2008, 03:36 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Gaffer
Just like the handling circuit, we set a good time along with olly, then the wind gets up, the cheap un-wieghted cones blow all over the place, some getting trapped under cars, and the circuit changes shape, we retire untill the track gets sorted, some sand bags would have helped, then suddenly cars are setting un-bellievable times, cars which were clearly way behind earlier in the day, look at the times between the top two and the next 3 on the handleing final, it should have been re-run.
Like I say a farce.
I think you are being a little unfair. It is not as if either Tom's (in my car) or Rob's times were one off. I will let Rob speak for himself but Tom did a 41.938 and a 42.000 before his 41.390.

Also Tom was place 3rd overall much earlier in the day before slipping back to between 6th and 8th before finally finishing 3rd at the end of the day.

The circuit used for the final 4 was more power orientated, which I have no problem with after all it was all a bit of fun, but undoubtedly put Tom and Rob at more of a disadvantage to Ollie and Kev. I mean I am guessing we were giving away at least 400bhp to the Gobstopper and at least 150bhp to Kev's car and that is before we calculate the Power to Weight ratio!

I think all 4 drivers did brilliantly and Ollie, Kev, Tom and Rob all deserve to be congratulated for the job they did on the day.
Old 29 May 2008, 03:59 PM
wrxbart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobinSherwood
I think you are being a little unfair. It is not as if either Tom's (in my car) or Rob's times were one off. I will let Rob speak for himself but Tom did a 41.938 and a 42.000 before his 41.390.

Also Tom was place 3rd overall much earlier in the day before slipping back to between 6th and 8th before finally finishing 3rd at the end of the day.

The circuit used for the final 4 was more power orientated, which I have no problem with after all it was all a bit of fun, but undoubtedly put Tom and Rob at more of a disadvantage to Ollie and Kev. I mean I am guessing we were giving away at least 400bhp to the Gobstopper and at least 150bhp to Kev's car and that is before we calculate the Power to Weight ratio!

I think all 4 drivers did brilliantly and Ollie, Kev, Tom and Rob all deserve to be congratulated for the job they did on the day.

I agree totally with you my slower times were due to a slipping clutch partially repaired at dinner allowing me a good couple of runs in the afternoon,the track was the same for everyone through out the day.As i was on at the same time as most of the complaining partys cars as were all the others.And yes the final track was defo a high power track,Tom as well as me should be proud of our results and not put down by others.
Old 29 May 2008, 03:59 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Originally Posted by JAKbauer24
Scoobylive featuring Scoobyshootout 2008

Times for Elvington 25 May 2008

Weather Sunny, very windy Timekeepers Martyn and Helen Greathead

No. Name Machine Best t1

Pro Class 9.39 Record
Andy Forrest

2 Olly Clarke Impreza 9.37
40 Steven Darley Impreza 10.31
60 Mikee Singh Impreza RA 10.56

Just to get kev off the roof screaming

were we not in pro class as seen here

pls clarify class why did we not com first in pro class but on here were in pro class... all i can say ......

James

Mikee didnt set the fastest time though in pro class did he, Olly did, then me.

Mikee did however beat Olly in the Drag Shoot Out ( a seperate competition if you like), and well done to Mikee, he deserved it after all the effort and money he has poured in over the years.

I was teasing Olly about physcing (sp?) him out in the finals, only it didnt happen due to me smashing another box, it would seem that Mikee did exactly what i had planned for Olly

Steven

ps You still need to settle the bill at the Indian, i gave them your name and address

pps the ps is a joke
Old 29 May 2008, 04:22 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by P20SPD
James

Mikee didnt set the fastest time though in pro class did he, Olly did, then me.

But since when did santa pod use their qualifying times in a shootout final

ps You still need to settle the bill at the Indian, i gave them your name and address

time to move abroad me thinks
pps the ps is a joke
Old 29 May 2008, 04:48 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

As my gaffer (The Gaffer) said the event was very poor he means in the sense of the cones

you could have looked at another thread to see what upset the gaffer this morn but it's been vaped

And

This was blown in my path in the stop box ... And stuck to my down pipe setting the car on fire

The event in the past has been top draw and the marshalls have beaten monsoons .... but this year the couse was a farce.... i mean i set a 20 second something on the handling circuit at one point and when i asked a marshal joking of course would this stand he said in total honesty "it would have if you kept your mouth shut" in a non funny tone

were not talking anything away from the finalists were more botherd about the lack of responce from the organises about the fact we actually won the sso drag final .... if you read it it looks like rcm won the event hands down

and if they won the Tuners event in the drag whom were their competitors
Old 29 May 2008, 04:55 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

I don't see where the confusion is JB, Ollie won both the 'qualifying' competitions, ie fastest time of the day, then came 1st and 2nd in the shootouts. I believe that makes it 4 different 'titles' up for grabs on the day.
Old 29 May 2008, 04:57 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Actually 5 if you count the 60ft best time award
Old 29 May 2008, 05:13 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by webmaster
[B]
Pro Drag Class
Trophy

Regards,
Shaun
just this one kev i don't get it mikee won it did'nt it

And what makes this worse the other thread that's vanished showed us explaing our case in a civilised way not the way it looks now

JB
Old 29 May 2008, 05:17 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

It's all going Pete Tong That's the qualifying result so to speak, we won the drag shootout, which is much more important
Old 29 May 2008, 05:21 PM
wrxginge
Scooby Regular

We also put mikee's car forward as a tuners car with it ruinning just under the pro class noise restictions not the non tuners strict 103 db
So why did mikee win the prize in the drag for the first non-tuner?
Old 29 May 2008, 05:24 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

But can you see what im saying
Old 29 May 2008, 05:25 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Ginge, you need to read Chris Mann's post earlier, explains it quite well
Old 29 May 2008, 05:26 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Let's put it this way

1/4 Mile

Drag Shootout Champion
AET Turbos Rolling Road Session, Free Entry to Redline TOTB7, 12 Months Subscription to Japanese Performance Magazine, £50 Millers Oils voucher-
WINNER- MIKEE SINGH
RUNNER UP- OLLY CLARKE RCM

Shootout Qualifying

13.3s Class
Winner-GUY FIELD

DANIEL BYRNE

JAMES HOLT

12.3s Class
Winner-MARK BRANSON

MICKY WARDLE

PAUL FINNEGAN

11.3s Class
1st - Andy Forrest Performance £100 gift voucher and £50 Millers Oils voucher
Winner-GARETH EVANS

2nd - Andy Forrest Performance £100 gift voucher
PAUL CRAFTS

PAUL MURRAY

Pro Drag Class
Trophy

Fastest 60ft time
TOTB Ltd Redline TOTB 6 DVD
WINNER- OLLY CLARKE RCM 1.470S 60FT
Fastest non tuner B Coward 1.6s

Handling Circuit

Handling Shootout Champion
AET Turbos Rolling Road Session, Free Entry to Redline TOTB7, 12 Months Subscription to Japanese Performance Magazine, £50 Millers Oils voucher
WINNER- OLLY CLARKE RCM 36.969S

Shootout Qualifying

1st - CG Lock trackday safety belt lock
OLLY CLARKE RCM

2nd - Practical Performance Car 12 Months subscription and T Shirt
KEV HORSLEY

TOM DUNSTAN
Old 29 May 2008, 05:32 PM
wrxginge
Scooby Regular

Kev Ive read that but Im still not with it.

As the gaffer has put mikees car/your car was entered as a tuner car. Scoobyclinic paid for entry and youve got full support of their mechanics on the day. But won a prize for being first non-tuner?

Last edited by wrxginge; 29 May 2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 29 May 2008, 05:51 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Ah right, might have been a case of bad wording, my car was more the Scoobyclinic flag bearer for the day as their own pro/tuner beast wasn't ready in time. The mechanics etc. are all part of their excellent sponsorship package we've got, i can't fault them for the support they give their customers
Old 29 May 2008, 07:01 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't see where there's any confusion, myself.

Kev owns his car, not the 'Clinic.

Fairly simple really, to my mind.

Quick Reply: Official Full Results - ScoobyLive ScoobyShootout 2008