Notices
Scooby Sprint Championship / ScoobyLive The UK's fastest Scoobies, compete against the clock, and head to head.

How many runs on the Drag Strip ??

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2007, 04:16 PM
renno rannes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many runs on the Drag Strip ??

It sais 5 laps of the handling circuit but how many runs on the strip do you get, just one ?????
Old 25 March 2007, 04:47 PM
Danny Boy
Scooby Regular

Location: All over the place, trying to stop putting the miles on!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As many as you can manage whilst the strip is open for competition.
The reason the handleing circuit was restricted to five laps was to make sure nobody could hog the circuit all afternoon, where as the throughput of cars up the drag strip is alot greater so there is no need for a restriction there when the event is restricted to 100ish cars competing anyway.
Old 25 March 2007, 04:54 PM
renno rannes
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that
Old 25 March 2007, 09:52 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

initially we will be allowing 5 timed runs on the handling and see how it goes, in fairness to all competitors. a major stoppage with a broken car can have a long knock on effect. should all competitors have completed all their runs etc and there be sufficient time left then it "may" be opened up further, subject to an announcement etc.

on the 1/4m it will as usual be unlimted runs, altho anyone who runs say 13.3s dead in the 13.3s class might want to park up and wait or drive more slowly to prevent breaking under the time and moving up a class ! :-)
Old 26 March 2007, 10:19 AM
bishop
Scooby Regular

Default Runs

Originally Posted by chrisT.O.T.B.
initially we will be allowing 5 timed runs on the handling and see how it goes, in fairness to all competitors. a major stoppage with a broken car can have a long knock on effect. should all competitors have completed all their runs etc and there be sufficient time left then it "may" be opened up further, subject to an announcement etc.

on the 1/4m it will as usual be unlimted runs, altho anyone who runs say 13.3s dead in the 13.3s class might want to park up and wait or drive more slowly to prevent breaking under the time and moving up a class ! :-)
As Chris says if you do a perfect time or very near and you do not want to brake out you can come to race control and get a demo number and continue to run under that so safeguarding your time in your class this allowes you to continue to enjoy your day safe in the knowleage that you wont brake out
Bishop (Straightliners)
Old 26 March 2007, 12:00 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

That shouldnt be allowed IMO. If they are right on the limit AND they want to run again, then they should, but under the same competitive number.
Old 26 March 2007, 11:57 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

steven- fair point, which we will raise with Trev plus the Scoobynet guys. on a normal rwyb type event the breakout rule isnt a problem, but with the prizes usually offered on this event there will be some people hedging the bets on class wins no doubt, so its one we should discuss in more detail. I can see the logic if someone does say a 13.3s on the very first run of the day and has to park up rather than break out by going as quick again.
rgds
Old 27 March 2007, 09:58 AM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic

I reckon it's tough **** if you do 13.3 on your first run If i made a hash of my gear change and ended up doing a 13.3 i'd run again because i knew i could go faster and maybe post best 12.3 time Maybe you could run the breakout rule after a certain time in the afternoon.

And on a side note, i managed around 15-20 runs last year, mainly because everyone else gave up after it started raining but i carried on running in the pouring rain and managed to set fastest 12.3 time
Old 27 March 2007, 11:57 AM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

I managed quite a few last year too all in quick succession as most gave up in the standing water, probably good sense IMO

especially after seeing Bob Rawles car
Old 28 March 2007, 10:55 PM
Danny Boy
Scooby Regular

Location: All over the place, trying to stop putting the miles on!

I did my fastest run of the day following Bob round, just before his off it was the silver Classic race as we were the only two left going!