Jerry's Gt Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2013, 10:55 PM
Jerry Anthony
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerry's Gt Turbo Project

HI Folks,

After looking around and orientating for YEARS on this forum, i decided to create a account. A few days later there was this MY99 Gt Turbo 555 for sale i just couldn't refuse. So i bought my first Impreza

It needs some work, but since i'm planning to build a street legal race car, i dont really mind. It has some rust in the right rear wheel well which is easy to fix.

My plans are to strip it, remove everything not needed, build a reliable engine with 350 ~ 400 hp. And I want to do it myself as much as possible.
I'm looking for gearbox rebuild vids/dvd's so i might try that too.

The previous owner is a smoker, and the car smells like nicotine and wett dogs . First thing i did:

Strip the interior. Removed the left overs of the stereo installation. Man! i didn't know it was THAT easy to work on a Impreza. I'm used to drive Volkswagen, which i still have as my daily car (Volkswagen Passat V5 Variant).

Bye bye carpet.

I found some stuff under the carpet.

I was looking for the wheel nut lock removal tool and could not find it. But when i was working on the dashboard to remove the amplifier power cable this one pops up:

Sweet!

I hope i get rid of that awful smell in the interior.

This doesn't look like stock.

Tomorrow might be a good day to get rid of the roof carpet.

Jerry
Old 24 June 2013, 07:24 AM
Jerry Anthony
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember the car shaking heavily when braking on the highway on my way home. This is what i found on the inside of the left brake disc. Time to get some new discs and pads first.

Spend more and more time cleaning parts. I noticed most of the cluster lights are not working, so its time to take the unit out.

So i've checked all the bulbs. Most of them are broken, and some of them are not fitted: FWD, Hold, Power, Lo, at oil temp. Which one of them do i need to fit?