Notices
Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

2005 WRX PPP - More Power Wanted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2013, 05:09 PM
NAZWRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 WRX PPP - More Power Wanted!!!

Hi All,

Just joined the forum following a much overdue WRX saloon purchase with PPP. What a great car but I do miss the refinement coming from a CLK55 AMG!

Anyway, having just owned the car for over a week and with initial intentions to keep it standard I have got the modding bug and keen to get more power out of it. However, being a complete beginner in the world of modding I could do with some pointers.

I am purely interested in engine mods to achieve more BHP, I have read plenty of threads which talk about a bigger turbo, pink injectors, decat pipe etc but given that mine is fitted with the PPP I'm not sure how relevant these are.

I am also not 100% with the handling and do have the dreaded knocking on the n/s/f. I am hoping this is just a case of replacing the front shocks along with the top mounts. I am planning on going for KYB excel G and KYB top mounts in an effort to keep the car as stock as possible.

The brakes could also do with a change so looking into alternatives to Pagid kit from ECP.

Any help, guidance greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

NAZWRX
Old 21 May 2013, 06:15 PM
craigybaby
Scooby Regular

alright pal welcome to the forum firstly the ppp consists of prodrive back box sports cat down pipe and ecu flash they say it gives you 260 but its very rare if your looking for more power it all depends on how much you want to spend baring in mind the 5 speed isnt the strongest of boxes personally i would go for a full exhaust system with decat up pipe sti intercooler uprated fuel pump bosche or walbro and then which ever choice of turbo you want to run wether it being a vf34 or a td05 but a remap is a must with any performance mods as for brakes again depends on your budget but sti brembos can usually be had for around 4-500 pound as for the front knocking try changing your drop links as these are comman for failure on the impreza

cheers
craig
Old 21 May 2013, 08:52 PM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got ppp and there is no sportscat downpipe , only sti ppp has it.
your list is long,change it for modded sti will be cheaper option
Originally Posted by NAZWRX
Hi All,

Just joined the forum following a much overdue WRX saloon purchase with PPP. What a great car but I do miss the refinement coming from a CLK55 AMG!

Anyway, having just owned the car for over a week and with initial intentions to keep it standard I have got the modding bug and keen to get more power out of it. However, being a complete beginner in the world of modding I could do with some pointers.

I am purely interested in engine mods to achieve more BHP, I have read plenty of threads which talk about a bigger turbo, pink injectors, decat pipe etc but given that mine is fitted with the PPP I'm not sure how relevant these are.

I am also not 100% with the handling and do have the dreaded knocking on the n/s/f. I am hoping this is just a case of replacing the front shocks along with the top mounts. I am planning on going for KYB excel G and KYB top mounts in an effort to keep the car as stock as possible.

The brakes could also do with a change so looking into alternatives to Pagid kit from ECP.

Any help, guidance greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

NAZWRX
Old 21 May 2013, 09:51 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

hello and welcome, first off your ppp is now useless to you. The maximum power for your car is about 400bhp/400tq to achieve that with cost in mind i would go for td05 20g turbo, pink injectors,walbro pump, turboback decat exhaust and a map. As for brakes, a set of used brembo's is your best bet
Old 22 May 2013, 03:30 PM
techdw
Scooby Regular

I have a Sti Intercooler for sale if you need one mate.

i have a WRX and in the middle of fitting parts

FMIC
VF34 Turbo
HawkEye InJectors 550c
Full Decated Exhaust system.
Ported Headers and Up-pipe
Walbro 255 Pump
NGK Spark Plugs
Should see a nice 350bhp with that

Sort the handling and brakes first! I have D2 8 pot calipers and uprated Shocks and Springs.
Old 23 May 2013, 05:25 PM
NAZWRX
Scooby Newbie

Appreciate the warm welcome guys and thanks for all your input - clearly I have a lot to think about as this seems to be a long and expensive exercise!

Thanks again for all your input and I will of course keep you posted with progress
Old 23 May 2013, 09:12 PM
Ed-EG
Scooby Regular

Do you have a ballpark power figure in mind for your car? As mentioned earlier the transmission is the weak point on WRXs, I've heard anything past 350/350 and you're really asking for the gearbox to go bang.

I'm currently running a turboback decatted exhaust, decatted up pipe, sti pink injectors, walbro fuel pump, td05-16g turbo and hks panel filter. These mods along with a decent remap have got me a reliable 320/320 engine that is on boost by 3000rpm (another factor to consider, bigger turbos usually mean more lag).

Also +1 from me for the brembo swap, though you will need to change the WRX alloys as these wheels wont fit over brembos