Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

Lifting phase 1 inlet manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2009, 05:06 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting phase 1 inlet manifold.

Has anyone done the above modification, to remove the need for a 90 degree inlet to the turbo? Or is it easier to switch to a later inlet manifold? I know you can buy manifold spacers which in theory should allow enough room to pass the turbo inlet pipe through as is the style on the later inlet manifolds. I have a TD05-20g fitted with a 90 degree Samco hose fitted to it, but it's supposedly quite restrictive.
Old 16 March 2009, 08:42 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

hi fella great project im sure there will be afew interested in this and think there will be a few on here that can help and advise you along the way
Old 16 March 2009, 11:32 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by "Taylor"
Has anyone done the above modification, to remove the need for a 90 degree inlet to the turbo? Or is it easier to switch to a later inlet manifold? I know you can buy manifold spacers which in theory should allow enough room to pass the turbo inlet pipe through as is the style on the later inlet manifolds. I have a TD05-20g fitted with a 90 degree Samco hose fitted to it, but it's supposedly quite restrictive.
You can't run a later version 3 inlet manifold on a version 1 wiring loom as the throttle sensor works differently. The version 3 throttle sensor scales down from a postive voltage to it's fully open postion reading of zero volts, your version 1 throttle sensor scales up from zero volts in it's closed postion. Also you can't run a version 3 manifold with a version 2 inlet throttle body as the throttle cable dosen't clear the idle solenoid on the version 3 manifold as it's located closer to the inlet throttle body. So you will have to keep your original inlet manifold and fit inlet spacers and route your fuel lines above the manifold to allow for clearance for the induction tract hose. As well as the inlet insulating spacers and modified fuel lines you will also need a version 3 power steering reservoir to avoid the induction tract hose being squashed. Job done.

Last edited by bluerigster; 17 March 2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 17 March 2009, 10:20 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, very detailed response Jon. I'm not in a rush to do it yet but i need a heads up on whats involved if this is the route i'm to take. It sounds straight forward enough, how hard is it to reroute the fuel lines?

BTW step one taken today bought a full 3" Blitz Nur Spec R system, next will be the 3" downpipe to match and a set of headers and up pipe. Then some bigger injectors maybe 550's or 650's as i only have 440 in there at the mo with the pressure turned up to them.