Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

My RA Project

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2007, 03:53 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My RA Project

Right guys i meant to post this up ages ago when i got the car as it's a bit of a toy for me and being a second car i can pretty much do what i want with it. money allowing of course

so this is how it started off, for those that haven't seen it:

Pretty plain standard looking wrx type ra in red. but benefiting from a 3" full decat system.

Now, due to the nature of the ra i wanted to honour that with a few upgrades to the looks and handling. So far the car looks like this:

As you can see custom graphics and some imo better looking wheels.

the plan from here is to strip out the interior leaving just the front seats and the dash, door cards, carpets and roof lining all to be removed. then fit the harnesses. the exhaust is to be wrapped from the turbo back upto the rear box and the equal length headers that have already been wrapped need to be fitted.

upper front and rear strut braces, lower rear tie bar and the 4 pot 330mm carbon covered caliper brake upgrade kit with racing blue fluid and racing brake lines, that's on order, along with some 17" wheels all need to go on too. then order and fit uprated front and rear drop links and arbs. then get the handling set up properly.

the spoiler is coming off in favour of an m3 style lip spoiler. not quite the rally look but then the ra shouldn't have a spoiler full stop.

finally when the credit card balance has returned to a normal level, get the roll cage in and get the setup sorted again to account.

will keep you posted as to how it goes. i know it doesn't sound like much but i'm pretty busy at the moment so will take some time!

i'm not worried about making it faster as i think it's more important to be able to get round corners and stop it properly. plus this also has the benefit of time improvements on track.
Old 31 July 2007, 11:03 PM
stevey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who's is the series 1 in the first pic
Old 31 July 2007, 11:04 PM
stevey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean looking ra aswell
Old 31 July 2007, 11:31 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was my mates. i was going to buy it instead of the ra but we found that the back end was about ready to fall off!

Cheers for the comments on the ra