Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

My little project

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2007, 08:54 PM
dazington
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My little project

Hello everyone i would just like to share my little project with you and any advice you may have would be greatfull. Dont Know if this is in the right place if not could someone move it. Cheers.

Been in two minds weather to mod my scoob or not. and i gave in and started a little project. My car is a 2003 WRX It had a few bits and bobs done to it like a dump valve and STI spoiler and some pro-comp gauges on the dash board, I bought it of a local dealer and at the moment its running at around 235 bhp.

My aim is to have a decent ice system, and a 300 ish bhp car. I have posted some pics of it when i first bought it but heres some of what i have done so far.

First thing i done was change the head unit of the scoob because i thought the sound was tinny from a standard one to the ripspeed 710 dvd head unit the power output is 4 x 45W RDS. Speaker rating - 75W minimum, 200W maximum output. if your in to your sounds i would recomend it to anyone for the price.

Thats it open and here it is closed, I think its still a tidy piece of kit like this.

Then i need some base for all them sounds so i put one of these mutant subs in with an amp combo. The power output of this is.
Subwoofer: Maximum wattage - 700w RMS input: 200w
Amplifier: Maximum wattage - 320w RMS input: 2 x 80w at 4 Ohms

Because i use the car to go to and from work, I carry some tools now and again in the boot. i found this hand contraption just unplug it and i get all my boot space back again.

I have also changed the front speakers driver and passenger side for two kenwood ones and these push out 140 watts max, I am impressed with these and hope to get some for the back. this is all ive done inside for now if anyone has any ideas at a sensible price any advice would be appreciated.

Engine wise i havent done anything but i rang the scoobyclinic up before xmas and enquired about the performance packages, i was thinking of getting packages 1 and 2 this should give me the performance i was looking for, ive read a lot of good things about the clinic on here and they sounded helpful on the phone, has anyone gone for these packages and what are they like.
Im quite new to all of this so any advice or knoledge people have would be truley gratefull.

I shall keep this thread updated with things ive done or going to do. Again many thanks in advance.