ImprezaResto's GC8 restoration

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2019, 08:40 PM
ImprezaResto
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ImprezaResto's GC8 restoration

Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000/GT GC8 MY00 Restoration

Hi everyone, this is my restoration thread for my Impreza. Its a UK turbo first registered in January 2000. It used to belong to my oldest mate who bought the car after his first tour of Iraq. I bought the car from him in 2009 and have run it until last year. I've repaired cars for years, despite not being a mechanic, and I've always wanted to restore a car. Might as well make it a good one.

First I needed a garage...

Then once it had had a good clean...

It ended up in the new garage and the restoration began.

Lots of rust to treat and welding to do. Its got rust in the usual places, rear arches, rear chassis rails etc.

Everything is being removed from the body, cleaned up and painted then replaced. I'm also planning to repaint the car once the bodywork is sorted. There is also a big long list of parts to replace from the last 19 years of spirited driving. I'm also completing much of this myself, whilst working full time and studying for a degree part time. Don't expect rapid progress

I've done quite a few posts on my own website www.imprezaresto.com, detailing the work completed so far. Please feel free to check this out.

I've also been busy making a few videos of my journey so far on You Tube. Please check out my channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8K...g0XNY_V9Dq5m4g

I will keep adding a few updates to this forum for those interested. Thanks for reading this.

Pete