Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2016, 07:42 PM
Amaya
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The low and slow wagon project

Greetings all

to kick it off a little bit of info

this is my first scooby and I don't think I could change back to anything else because it offers me everything I want out of a car. i can have plenty of fun in it while using it as a mule to lug items around. by no means am I looking for speed, which is why I went for a non turbo. but I'm a suckered for a pretty car!

so I've had this bugeye wagon for a few months now, done various things to it, few currently in progress and loads in the pipe line.

when I got hold of the car it was a lovely clean slate with the normal niggles and scratch marks but other than that it's faultless. full service history and now at 98,000 miles it's time to give it a bit of life!

so here it is just after I got it, as I said it was a clean slate and well kept by the previous owner. so after giving it a good old clean here and there I could finally see what I'm dealing with. big scrape mark on the O/S/F bumper, big dent on the N/S/R passenger door and random bits of missing paint on the boot lid. so waiting for the summer to tackle them along with a nice underbody coat!

so first thing I achieved was fitting a hayward and Scott vortex afterburner back box with centre pipe. started her up and ...... wow. don't you just love a scooby growl. but unfortunately seeing as I got it second hand from a chap with a sti.... it decided to play funny bugger and not want to line up from the flange on the end of the cat, I'm just assuming that the non turbos have a slight bit of smaller pipe than the wrx's and sti's. so will be getting rid of that some point within the next few months and fitting something abit more of a better fit!

much, much, much more to come!