Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

'THE CROW' Prodrive Edition V7 STi - Blue / Black

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2015, 03:24 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 'THE CROW' Prodrive Edition V7 STi - Blue / Black

I thought that I would start a thread on here as I have now got round to doing It let me just say this project thread will by no way be as amazing as some of the project on here so I will try not to bore you all lol.

I want to start by thanking Frayz (The Bomber) who without knowing has been a huge inspiration to my search for a Blue / Black V7 STI Almost 2 years to be précised. Sir my hat is off to you.

I went to have a look at another prodrive STI that turned out to be an absolute dog of a car. I told the guy that I wasn’t happy that I had been all the way to see the car and it was not what I thought It was.

Let’s just say the pictures did it justice. After a coffee and a chat he asked me what was on my bucket list and he showed me a private collection that he had. Now due to where this guys is and where his collection is I have agreed as gentlemen not to disclose where it is as he is worried about the theft issues. If I was him I would have round the clock security. BLOODY HELL SOME OF THE CARS……

After a bit of haggling and a heavy night on the sauce with the bloke we struck up a deal and I am now the proud new owner. The car has wanted for nothing in it life time. I am the 3rd owner and the car has just hit 80k. It has all the paperwork from its purchase including all the previous MOT papers and recipes of all work carried out. There has been no expense spared on this car and I hope to be able to keep that up.

A Picture on arrival home

Since I have had the car from January and the weather being poor I have not done a great deal with her. However I have been ordering parts that I needed and seeing to a few odds and sods that needed doing.

Some new shoes arrived yesterday and have now been fitted so I feel much safer on the road now.

I went with the Nankang NS-2R 180 compound Medium.

Since that I have also had some gauges they will be going in this weekend if I get the time

I have also just received from Scooby world a set of strut braces in black and an ATI Dash mounted gauge pod.

Will get some more updates ect as and when they happen. Hope your still awake ha ha

Old 17 April 2015, 04:04 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribed.... Looks a real nice clean car

Look forward to seeing this unfold

Martin
Old 17 April 2015, 04:06 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Ha ha how funny is that I am just going through your old Black Bug thread now Mart
Old 17 April 2015, 04:12 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Good start to the thread mate, car is looking good. Looking forward to the progress
Old 17 April 2015, 04:15 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by flashash
Ha ha how funny is that I am just going through your old Black Bug thread now Mart
Lol enjoy... You have a very clean base start am sure it'll be a keeper once you've finished mate...

Martin

Edit... Let us know what you think of the tyres I'll be going for these in the future too
Old 17 April 2015, 04:24 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by forgedmarco
Good start to the thread mate, car is looking good. Looking forward to the progress

Cheers Pal in rush to do things just little and often. Booked window tinting on the 23rd so im looing forward to that getting the back 3 windows done.
Old 17 April 2015, 04:28 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by M2RTXhawkeye
Lol enjoy... You have a very clean base start am sure it'll be a keeper once you've finished mate...

Martin

Edit... Let us know what you think of the tyres I'll be going for these in the future too

Mart had these on the WRX too they take a serious beating and I really do trust them. Really recommend them they also have a B rating for the wet so can keep them on right up to winter.

I got them from http://www.oponeo.co.uk/ got them delivered for £ 340 medium compound that is the cheapest I have found them. Took about 3 days to arrive.
Old 17 April 2015, 04:58 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Mart had these on the WRX too they take a serious beating and I really do trust them. Really recommend them they also have a B rating for the wet so can keep them on right up to winter.

I got them from http://www.oponeo.co.uk/ got them delivered for £ 340 medium compound that is the cheapest I have found them. Took about 3 days to arrive.
That's great mate, all I needed to hear I'll order a set next week then... So what plans do you have for the future then?

Martin
Old 20 April 2015, 10:38 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M2RTXhawkeye
That's great mate, all I needed to hear I'll order a set next week then... So what plans do you have for the future then?

Martin
Next post just for you mate he he
Old 20 April 2015, 10:39 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

As Sunday gave us some decent weather i got out in the sun and fitted some of the new toys.

Fitted the front and rear strut braces

After that a quick nip round the corner to a mate of mine who has a garage and got the new shes fitted. and the car feels worlds apart with the old tires i do really recommend these.

After that it was time to get the gauges in the car and the new pod. I got a cracking deal on the pro-sport gauges all new and boxed and the pod from scooby world.

Now some of the more alert of you will have noticed that the interior plastics are now black rather than the boring silver. In keeping with the theme they are black like everything else. i have plasti dipped them at home and im rather impressed at how forgiving the stuff is.

i will however be redoing the as im not 100 % sure i want them plasti dipped or done in Satin back that i will decide at a later time.

This little cheeky was inspired by Frayz and it is one of those things that is not everyone's cup of tea but one that i really like. The beauty of it is that i can take it off if i get board of it lol. Very inspiring

Watch this space for more updates coming in the next two weeks.
Old 20 April 2015, 07:09 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

What your feedback on the alloys mate as I was looking at getting a set?
Old 20 April 2015, 07:49 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Yeah very good mate i think they are different. Not sure if i am going to keep them or not or weather i want a change or even keep them as summer / winter wheels
Old 21 April 2015, 07:43 AM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Wheels look great mate, like the look of the tyres too

Did the same to the plastics in mine makes a huge difference... Cracking work there mate

Martin
Old 21 April 2015, 08:59 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Thanks Mart got the car booked in to have the back three windows tinted on the 23rd
Old 24 April 2015, 08:52 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Yesterday saw the car go to tint for the back three windows.

The chap who did was a mobile one who came recommended from a mate of mine. To say that he was quick and professional is an understatement.

Sorry for the bad picture was taken this morning so I could put an update up. The car will be getting a clean and some better pictures taken over the weekend.

Old 24 April 2015, 09:08 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Yesterday saw the car go to tint for the back three windows.

The chap who did was a mobile one who came recommended from a mate of mine. To say that he was quick and professional is an understatement.

Sorry for the bad picture was taken this morning so I could put an update up. The car will be getting a clean and some better pictures taken over the weekend.

Looks loads better now mate

Martin
Old 27 April 2015, 12:57 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Due to being out on the **** with work I didn't get much done this weekend.

I got as far as fitting the new number plate. A smaller road legal one and got rid of the plate covers that had Belfast all over them. Was driving me nuts people asking me if I was from Belfast with how Irish I sound lol

The Screws that were provided with the new plate were tapping screws and I refuse to puncture the bumper So I ended up restoring the rusty bolts so they weren't an eye sore.

Old 27 April 2015, 07:25 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Looking good, I need a smaller front plate
Old 27 April 2015, 09:15 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Looking good, I need a smaller front plate
Thanks mate it makes it look loads difference imo
Old 28 April 2015, 06:19 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Prefer a smaller plate mate, coming on nicely

Martin
Old 03 May 2015, 06:26 PM
User 21721
Scooby Regular

Nice prodrive you have there. I know this is somewhat vague but do you notice any difference with the front and rear strut braces fitted?

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Old 04 May 2015, 09:49 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate,

To be honest it has taken out some of the body roll I wanted to get rid off. I have also fitted both anti roll bars so this has added to stiffening up. I am trying to stay clear of coilovers at the moment.
Old 04 May 2015, 06:53 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

This bank holiday has been a busy one but I have managed to get some time in with the car so im happy :jig:

The hubs are a job that I have been putting off for a while as I have been undecided as to what to do for the long run. I have decided to give these a clean up for the moment as I think I have decided in the long run what I am going to do... Watch this space. So rubbed down and then washed to remove the dust then protected in Hammerite.

Name:  IMAG0233_zpsemi7zele.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  267.7 KB

Name:  IMAG0234_zpsjjfojt95.jpg
Size:  257.3 KB

Name:  IMAG0237_zpsoop6rqbt.jpg
Size:  237.8 KB

Like an absolute tool I didn't take any pictures of the after part :realmad: I got that carried away in doing it I forgot haha. but I am happy with the outcome as a temporary fix. I will have to do the front ones next but that is for another day.

went down the route of changing some of the fittings under the bonnet. This was done as I wanted to keep the theme of black on chrome / silver. Im happy with the quality and the way they look so I will be ordering another two packs of them so the rest can be done.

Name:  IMAG0235_zpss7hdbhww.jpg
Size:  147.0 KB

I also got a new snow foam lance and this one is so much better than the old one. made a nice little cocktail today and gave the car a bit of a wash.

Name:  IMAG0236_zpspmqcycug.jpg
Size:  237.4 KB

By the time I had found the camera again it had about dropped off but It did the job nicely. can tell the car hadn't moved after it had been on the jack a the ride height looks a tad high :geek:

Name:  IMAG0238_zpsodujpalv.jpg
Size:  388.7 KB

Doing its thing and pulling off the contaminants

Name:  IMAG0239_zpstrn2qcgg.jpg
Size:  237.4 KB

on one of the pages on here I made mention about the interior trim being done in plasti dip. Now I was really unhappy with the centre surround as I had made a **** job off it. so I thought I would show you how cool and easy this stuff is to just pull off and start again.

Name:  IMAG0240_zpsc8xn3nwr.jpg
Size:  195.4 KB

Name:  IMAG0241_zpscl8ftdeu.jpg
Size:  158.8 KB

Got a few more deliveries that should be here over the next few days :coffee: well they had better be lol.

Next weekend sees the car off to the lads at the clinic so there will be another update then all being well,
Old 04 May 2015, 07:31 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

Had mine up on the jack too, was a right nightmare. Changed from ast's to standard shocks. Had to change rear discs and pads as they were knackered, 2 rear brembo bolts snapped so have to sort that out in time for japfest. Good progress mate.
Old 04 May 2015, 08:47 PM
Ash
Scooby Regular

not good mate but a good chance to get in there for a good clean he he. Bright side of it is that you have changed them so you know they are good and safe
Old 05 May 2015, 09:21 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have skyhooks holding your car up or just that jack??
Old 05 May 2015, 09:22 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

No I had the jack. Took the pic and put axle stands on
Old 05 May 2015, 09:45 PM
forgedmarco
Scooby Regular

not good mate but a good chance to get in there for a good clean he he. Bright side of it is that you have changed them so you know they are good and safe
Yeah I know mate just a pain will be nice once done though
Old 06 May 2015, 08:44 AM
Ash
Scooby Regular

Yeah I know mate just a pain will be nice once done though

I feel your pain mate it is a pain but it will be smiles all round when it is sorted
Old 06 May 2015, 09:58 AM
T25 DOC
Scooby Regular

Looks like you're enjoying yourself and going down the right route fella, car is looking good.

Get yourself a decent lance though - brass one, your mixture is very weak and and a decent lance will help get a nice foam output.

Keep the updates coming...

Quick Reply: 'THE CROW' Prodrive Edition V7 STi - Blue / Black