Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

Massive spec 306 S16 on throttle bodies

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2009, 07:57 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Massive spec 306 S16 on throttle bodies

It is with immense sadness that I'm selling my beloved 306 S16. I've owned the car since early 2004 and have loved every minute of it and really don't want to sell - but marriage amongst other things, forces sale.

The car has been meticulously maintained - anything which needed to be fixed or replaced was done, and all the work has been carried out by Pug Performance and Richard Longman who know the car well. Have stacks of receipts for the work to evidence the below:

Car is a blue M reg (1994/5) and has 91K on the clock with a full service history, with the following mods:

Longmans ported and polished head (and new cam belt and alternator belt when it was put back together) (as this is technically an Mi16 head it produces arguably better results than a 6 head...)
Piper 272 fast road cams
Maniflow tubular exhaust manifold
Piper cat back stainless exhaust
GTi6 6 speed gearbox with Grifiths engineering quick shift (lovely short throw on it)
Skimmed flywheel
45mm Jenvey Throttle bodies on Longmans intake manifold with Piper Cross foam filters (sounds great with the exhaust manifold) plus aluminium heat shield under them
It's no longer on coil packs, but on a dizzy - so no risk of coils failing which is a bonus!)
Reconditioned and refurbished injectors - sent them off to be refurbed and flow tested and matched
Mocal oil cooler - vital with Throttle bodies IMO
Aluminium oil catch tank
Uprated Fuel Pressure Regulator
EFi ECU plus adapted wiring loom (or otherwise it wouldn't work....) - mapped by Richard Longman himself (twice as was a bit rich the first time)
Metal front drop links from the Citroen ZX (instead of the crap plastic ones which snap
Group N lower engine mount (the top engine mount has been uprated)
New alternator tensioner and crank pulley (done about 3 months ago I think)
Fully rebuilt rear beam with a whole tub of grease in it - with a xsara rear anti-roll bar which is 1 mm larger in diameter than the 306 part - so better but not dangerously/massively stiff
Reconditioned (by Peugeot) drive shafts and power steering rack
Solid rear mounts
E-tech ali strut brace
Lowered by about 40 mm at the front and 20-30mm at the back on Eibach springs with nearly new (a year old now I guess) bilstein uprated shocks all round and group N front bushes- lovely ride - like new.
GTI 6 front brakes with Tarox G88 grooved front discs and pads all round (discs and pads are about £300)
Fully working ABS
Debadged and has straight grill (no Pug Lion)
17 inch Team Dynamics Pro Race 1 alloys with virtually new Parada spec 2 tyres - with McGuard locking nuts
Immaculate interior (half leathers) and very good exterior - car is an M reg - so a couple of chips but overall in very good condition
Toad immobiliser key fob
New MOT and Tax till October 2010

I bloody love this car and have spent SO much time lovingly looking after it and getting all the bits to work which didn't when I bought it - will be really sad to see it go. This car has cost me around 15K all-in, over the nearly 6 years I've owned it (including a clutch a few years ago) to have built - so save on the cost (even if you can get parts second hand - you still need the labour to fit them....) and get yourself a very well maintained and highly loved and very quick Pug, with sorted handling. I estimate the car is putting out 185-195bhp.

I really don't want to split it for parts as it has been bespoke modified over the years so it's a really sorted package and would be a real shame to take it apart. I'm not in a rush to sell so wont take silly offers.

Price to sell at £3,650.

Thanks for looking,

Spencer