Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

2 pairs - Mission 77DS AV surround speakers - EXCELLENT

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2008, 11:27 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2 pairs - Mission 77DS AV surround speakers - EXCELLENT

SOLD !!!!!

After a change of decor and some pressure from the missuse I am swapping my excellent Mission 77DS dipole/bipole (whichever they are today) surround speakers for something probably not as good, but a little prettier They've been running as part of my 7.1 system as rear and side surrounds.

After a quick look around some AV Forums they seem to go for about £55 a pair so that's what I'll ask for them, plus £15 P&P. - If anyone wants both pairs I'll do them for £100 + P&P.

They are in mint condition and perfect working order. A very well reviewed and respected speaker....
Originally Posted by Home Cinema Choice
The 77DS rear is a diffuse surround speaker, with two sideways-firing 100mm Aerogel woofers and 25mm fabric soft-dome tweeters, which is for mounting behind the listener in a pair, on either the rear or side walls. The 77DS is made of dense non-resonant moulded plastic with rounded edges, covered by stretched black grille cloth. It's bi-polar, which means the drivers are connected in-phase to create a wide radiation arc which, it is claimed, delivers a more realistic rear ambient soundfield than conventional forward-firing loudspeakers. The angular five-sided shape allows the 77DS to be mounted either way up. With the horizontal face upwards, the speaker tucks tight up to the ceiling, whereas the other way up, the steeply angled 'top' face, containing the port tube, helps create the impression of a shallow, unobtrusive profile for minimum visual impact.

Once connected up to the five-channel receiver, balanced for sound levels and set up for time delays (the centre needed a small boost) the 77 system produced some very agreeable sounds indeed. The soft-dome tweeters are very civilised, with a smooth, detailed and well-controlled treble delivery - much gentler on the ear than most tweeters found in home cinema speakers. Mission's hi-fi origins are very much in evidence. Vocals and dialogue are also excellent - very smooth and articulate, with none of the usual overpowering in-your-face effect which is so often heard.

MISSION 77DS: Frequency response: 100Hz-20kHz +/-3dB (-6dB at 88Hz); Max. power: 75W; Sensitivity: 90dB/2.83V/1m; Impedance: 8(omega); Dimensions: 266(h) x 335(w) x 120(d)mm; Weight: 3kg each

Last edited by corradoboy; 02 May 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07 April 2008, 07:42 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Provisionally sold
Old 02 May 2009, 08:18 PM
pjanjua
Scooby Newbie

Default mission 77ds

If these arent sold would interested??
Old 02 May 2009, 08:32 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate, long gone. Wish I had 'em back as the wife-friendly replacements are nowhere near as good