Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

i may be selling my car

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2006, 10:08 AM
Fur
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i may be selling my car

hi all

i may be selling my sti ppp my04

it is stunning as new condition and has done just 10,000 miles

i bought it for £18300.00 and had £2000.00 extras put on inc new defi gauges, strut brace, exhaust, remap, k&n filter and various performance bits giving it 330BHP and it was bought from litchfield imports 2 weeks ago!!

it has a carbon front spoiler, uk sti genuine floor mats, fsh and warranty left etc

it has a private plate "STi PPP" included in the sale and is probably the finest example of this UK spec car in the UK!

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=subaru5zg.jpg

i would take £18995.00 NO OFFERS call 01277 633 999, this means i lose £1000.00 in 2 weeks if i sell
Old 03 February 2006, 10:14 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldn't this be in the For Sale??

I read that the UK 05 STis were being knocked out at £21,000 with 5 years interest free credit? You going for one of them?

Pete
Old 03 February 2006, 10:22 AM
GrahamG
Scooby Regular

thats a long ownership!!
Old 03 February 2006, 10:25 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This seems to be a VERY common thing ................ the STi looks great, goes great, but the novelty wears off extremely quickly when it dawns upon you that you simply cannot live with them.

When I bought my Impreza, 6 years ago, I was also looking at the EVO - I decided upon the Impreza as a car 'you can live with everyday'.

The STi looks like it is todays EVO .................... ok, for 30 minutes, then you want some comfort?

Pete
Old 03 February 2006, 10:32 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

Do you mind if we ask why your selling Fur ?
Old 03 February 2006, 10:57 AM
Fur
Scooby Regular

Hi

Im considering selling due to not realising how bad these cars are on fuel if you stick your foot down, i was abit shocked at like 12mpg, over a year this is gonna add up to a hell of a lot compared to if i get a diesel that does say 60-70mpg, this is the only reason. I dont HAVE to sell, and probably wont unless someone comes along soon, but i didnt really want to be paying thousands per year on fuel, i thought they did 20mpg even when you stick your foot down

I was watching top gear last night on sky, they said the evo on a track day does just 3.6mpg, it obviously makes a huge difference how you drive as to how many mpg you get, but in my mind part of the fun of these cars is to be able to stick your foot down :-)

Oh well we shall see anyway

Originally Posted by flynnstudio
Do you mind if we ask why your selling Fur ?
Old 03 February 2006, 11:33 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fur
Hi

Im considering selling due to not realising how bad these cars are on fuel if you stick your foot down, i was abit shocked at like 12mpg, over a year this is gonna add up to a hell of a lot compared to if i get a diesel that does say 60-70mpg, this is the only reason. I dont HAVE to sell, and probably wont unless someone comes along soon, but i didnt really want to be paying thousands per year on fuel, i thought they did 20mpg even when you stick your foot down

Oh well we shall see anyway
Not having a dig m8 but did you not check the mileage you would get? Also you'll need to do a lot of miles to claw back the loss you'll take on selling the car so soon.
Old 03 February 2006, 11:35 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

If it was me, id buy a cheap run around for day to day, and keep that beastie for weekend fun.

I sold the scoob and now drive a focus , mpg is miles better even if the performance is no where near as fun.

180 miles out of half a tank on the new car, in the scoob I would be getting ready to pop back into the petrol station around about now.
Old 03 February 2006, 11:47 AM
Fur
Scooby Regular

i didnt check the mpg before, i knew the ford GT was really bad at 14mpg, didnt think for a minute the scoob would be

if the right buyer comes along i would consider selling, but i wont take much of a loss and will just keep it, and drive abit slower
Old 03 February 2006, 12:11 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

I sort of see my scooby as a prozac car that will add years to my life as I'm so happy every time I drive it Now if I had a mondeo I think I would get pretty depressed. Yes the scooby will cost me more money but so does a holiday a good hifi, good food, wine, etc but then I enjoy those a lot more too. If everything was all about costs then a good old lada would do everyone Keep the scooby mate and enjoy your life you don't know if your even going to live another year. Especially if you don't 'really' need to sell it

Last edited by reano; 03 February 2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03 February 2006, 12:23 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Shouldn't this be in the For Sale??

I read that the UK 05 STis were being knocked out at £21,000 with 5 years interest free credit? You going for one of them?

Pete
Pete, Subaru offer the 5yr interest free but only on the list price

60 MONTHS HIRE PURCHASE TYPICAL O% APR SCHEME Forester 2.5 XT (man) Impreza WRX STI
Typical On the Road Price £25,100 £26,400
*Deposit (33%) £8283.80 £8,712
Followed by 60 monthly payments of £280.27 £294.80
Total amount payable £25,100 £26,400
Old 03 February 2006, 12:46 PM
Fur
Scooby Regular

im gonna prob keep it, if i can go abit slower and get 20mpg ill be happy with that, is it possible i can get 20mpg?
Old 03 February 2006, 12:53 PM
reano
Scooby Regular

I have got over 20 mpg loads of times but of course thats just travelling long distances and sticking to about 3000 - 3500 revs or below. At least you know you've got the power to overtake that slow lorry on the A road and do the odd blast round the lanes
Old 03 February 2006, 01:08 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Wow, considering the number of SIAL mpg threads which crop up every day here, you must be very unlucky not to have known what they were like...
Old 03 February 2006, 01:15 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Well when I owned your car, it would average 17/18mpg on average. Motorway use and off boost etc then it would be around 23mpg.
Obviously, it's got more power now and your right foot might be heavier than mine.
Use your Defi's boost gauge and keep it in the negative section and you'll see an improvement.

Kevin

Last edited by Robocop; 03 February 2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03 February 2006, 01:45 PM
Fur
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robocop
Well when I owned your car, it would average 17/18mpg on average. Motorway use and off boost etc then it would be around 23mpg.
Obviously, it's got more power now and your right foot might be heavier than mine.
Use your Defi's boost gauge and keep it in the negative section and you'll see an improvement.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin :-)

I think because i had just got the car and have been flooring it everywhere the petrol has just disappeared, will hopefully be alot better if i take it easy which you need to anyway what with all the speed cameras etc

Have you got your new car yet Kevin and if so got a pic?
Old 03 February 2006, 02:30 PM
Fur
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by reano
I sort of see my scooby as a prozac car that will add years to my life as I'm so happy every time I drive it Now if I had a mondeo I think I would get pretty depressed. Yes the scooby will cost me more money but so does a holiday a good hifi, good food, wine, etc but then I enjoy those a lot more too. If everything was all about costs then a good old lada would do everyone Keep the scooby mate and enjoy your life you don't know if your even going to live another year. Especially if you don't 'really' need to sell it
yup you are very probably right

you lot must think im
Old 03 February 2006, 10:15 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a very elaborate thread to show off what a snazzy car you have !!!
Old 05 February 2006, 07:01 AM
reano
Scooby Regular

Loler you got it on eBay loler is it item number
loler I will watch it's progress loler
Old 05 February 2006, 10:22 AM
Northern Scoob
Scooby Regular

I used £60 in 2 days when i first got my classic - but the grin factor was worth it - i try n work my fuel out per mile - roughly around 20p my 1.2 nova used to be around 10p and subsequent novas n corsas have been around 15p - 20p too so I cant really complain - going from a diesel to an impreza was a big shock tho - , i know the feeling when i put my foot down, but at the end of the day, I might not be here tomorro - live now regret nothing!

Phil
Old 09 February 2006, 09:18 AM
kwispel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
The STi looks like it is todays EVO .................... ok, for 30 minutes, then you want some comfort?

Pete
No issues with living on day-to-day basis with the STi.

Despite the fact that I could only use the STi for 30 mins at the time and just use my Merc for longer journeys, I do prefer to do any journey still in the STi. Only condition: you really need to love driving.

And before anyone asks why I still have the Merc then. Simple: space and towing capability. A scoob with a big boat trailer behind, four/five people in the car plus luggage, wouldn't really work.