Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

Impreza S202 - 242 / 400

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2010, 03:58 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impreza S202 - 242 / 400

I am putting my Impreza S202 up for sale, it is a reluctant sale as I had some modifications planned for it but I have decided to shelf these as I do not want to 'ruin' the car.

This car is number 242 out of the limited production run of 400 in total, it features all the best products that Subaru/STi could fit on the car which is based upon the Spec C-RA.

As standard it has the 'pink' STi suspension, quick rack steering, black Alcantara interior, 316bhp (up from the standard 276bhp), Ray's forged wheels plus a whole host of other improvement which I cannot even remember.

There are 4 x 60mm Defi gauges fitted - oil temperature, oil pressure, boost pressure and coolant temperature which are housed in an ATi 3 gauge pod and a corner pod plus of course the Defi 2 controller.

I recently had the car professionally de-swirled/detailed and the wheels refurbed back to the factory colour and finish, this as you can imagine was not cheap but well worth it in order to show the car at it's best.

I also have a spare set of the S202 Ray's alloys which are in need of a refurb but I am prepared to negotiate a price on these with the purchaser of the car (these are around £3K from www.japanparts.com).

I have carried out some modifcations to the car since owing it and these are:

A full 3" exhaust system with a 100 cell sports cat (I still have the original Titanium exhaust system if the buyer wants it)
TSL Green panel air filter
Ecutek remap by Bob Rawle to 348bhp/338 lbs ft of torque

I have very recently had the following carried out to the car :

A full service less than 2K miles ago ncluding all drive belts (Cosworth timing belt and genuine Subaru alternator and air conditiong belts), obviously engine oil and filter, gearbox and diff oils.

All the brake discs (Godspeed one piece discs but not the cheaper variety) and Performance Friction brake pads.

The car has an MOT test until the 27th of August and road fund licence until the end of September.

I have fitted a Clarion double din CD / radio unit with Ipod connectivity and changed the front speakers to Morel uprated speakers and had the front doors sound deadened. I have also had fitted a Laserline CAT 1 immobiliser and alarm system.

As I am at work I cannot access Photobucket so I have put some links below to some posts/threads featuring pics of the car plus an Evo magazine review of the S202.

https://www.scoobynet.com/506002-buge...selves-44.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/82...-detailed.html

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...u_impreza.html

I am looking for £12,500 ovno for the car which is a bargain for such a rare example of an Impreza.

Nearly forgot to say before the car is sold it will have a further 'mini' professional detail carried out to ensure the new owner is 100% happy with the car.

I am after a quickish sale but please no timewasters, tyrekickers, test pilots or timewasters.

I will add some further details later and post some pics up directly onto this thread.

I am happy to answer any questions by PM, or just post up on this thread or give me a ring on my mobile 07976 306373 (no canvassers please).

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 12 May 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12 May 2010, 04:28 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tyrone what the hell u doin m8????? Top top car for somebody!
Old 12 May 2010, 06:07 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
Tyrone what the hell u doin m8????? Top top car for somebody!
I know Boyd but as I have said above it is a reluctant sale.

I came to the realisation that the S202 is what it is, I did not want to modify what is a iconic Impreza and 'ruin' it by taking it outside what it is meant to be.

Don't worry though the hunt is on for a replacement and I already have a car in mind if I can sell the S202 quickly enough, if not then I will sell it and then look for it's replacement.
Old 12 May 2010, 09:23 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Shame Seems a bargain for a very rare car! Always wanted one of these, just bad timing for me ...

TX.
Old 12 May 2010, 09:34 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I know Boyd but as I have said above it is a reluctant sale.

I came to the realisation that the S202 is what it is, I did not want to modify what is a iconic Impreza and 'ruin' it by taking it outside what it is meant to be.

Don't worry though the hunt is on for a replacement and I already have a car in mind if I can sell the S202 quickly enough, if not then I will sell it and then look for it's replacement.
Can totally understand that M8. Quite possibly you'd reduce it's value by modifying it.

Bump for one of THE most iconic Impreza's out there. Somebody's gonna get one hell of a car
Old 12 May 2010, 11:20 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Shame Seems a bargain for a very rare car! Always wanted one of these, just bad timing for me ...

TX.
You could also sell a spare body organ.

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
Can totally understand that M8. Quite possibly you'd reduce it's value by modifying it.

Bump for one of THE most iconic Impreza's out there. Somebody's gonna get one hell of a car
Thanks Boyd.
Old 12 May 2010, 11:31 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Some pics as promised.

Please note that the registration plate will not be sold with the car I will be retaining it.

I forgot to mention that I have a Zunsport lower grille fitted (shown in pics), a CDF anti lift kit to improve the handling even further. Plus I have changed the o/s A pillar trim as well as the one shown in the pics is shown with some holes in it.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 12 May 2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12 May 2010, 11:38 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

That really is my all time fave scoob and i only wish i had the mula to buy that. It's just gorgeous!! Oh boy!!

Good luck with it
Old 13 May 2010, 05:59 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobiewrx555
That really is my all time fave scoob and i only wish i had the mula to buy that. It's just gorgeous!! Oh boy!!

Good luck with it
Thanks for the kind comments.

I believe this is the only black S202 in the UK, a real head turner and an extremely rare car.

I might consider a deal on a Blobeye Spec C, Hawkeye STi JDM or UK (preferably JDM) with cash either way depending on the car.
Old 15 May 2010, 09:40 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 15 May 2010, 01:02 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stunning car would have considered buying this if I had not already bought my new Spec C

Tony
Old 15 May 2010, 04:32 PM
b11
Scooby Regular

Awesomee S202, i have one aswell but in bluee and they are beautiful cars to drive
Old 15 May 2010, 07:02 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Stunning car would have considered buying this if I had not already bought my new Spec C

Tony
Which Spec C did you buy Tony?

And this is all your fault Tony, you convinced me not to ba$tardi$e the S202 (well you confirmed my own doubts).

Originally Posted by b11
Awesomee S202, i have one aswell but in bluee and they are beautiful cars to drive
They handle like they are on rails , even better with 348bhp.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 15 May 2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 16 May 2010, 12:13 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I cannot believe that I have not had a serious enquiry about this car , l am prepared to be a little flexible on the price.

This is one the rarest 'proper' limited production Impreza models ever made, not a standard model with some extras thrown onto it and called a special edition.
Old 16 May 2010, 01:03 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Which Spec C did you buy Tony?
I bought a nice MY04 Spec C limited in white just have to pay for her now then pick her up

Tony
Old 16 May 2010, 02:27 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

I would be first in the queue for you car if i had the spare mula right now.

I think though generally because everyone is a bit brasso at the mo and things are still very tight and up in the air people are holding on to their cash. I think people are a bit hessitant at the mo to get into borrowing finance to fund a special purchase like your S202, however, under different circumstances i think you could probably sell your car many times over all day long.

Good luck on that
Old 16 May 2010, 09:36 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I would be first in the queue for you car if i had the spare mula right now.

I think though generally because everyone is a bit brasso at the mo and things are still very tight and up in the air people are holding on to their cash. I think people are a bit hessitant at the mo to get into borrowing finance to fund a special purchase like your S202, however, under different circumstances i think you could probably sell your car many times over all day long.

Good luck on that
I know what you mean about the current financial climate, it is just frustrating when you make a decision to sell something and then nothing happens.

It is just me I suppose expecting more or less instant results, I do have a possible sale for the car to be confirmed tomorrow so nothing is set in stone yet but I have two Blobeye Spec C's in mind for my next car I just don't want either of them to sell before I can buy either of them.

To be honest I wish I could keep the S202 and buy one of the Spec C's as well but unless I win the lottery soon I cannot see that happening.

Damn my impatience.
Old 16 May 2010, 10:03 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

I have to say if it were my car i would make a fair few mods to it but they would all be under the skin so as not to change the look of the car. You've got a cracking good basis there for an ultimate sleeper. Cool, sophisticated and original on the outside, mean as sin on the inside.

There's no reason why you can't up the power and handling considerably without changing the external originality of the car. It would still be an S202, you'll never take that away, just a bit more....with it.

I'd rather have your's regardless of cost than a Spec C, any day of the week!!
Old 16 May 2010, 10:22 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I have to say if it were my car i would make a fair few mods to it but they would all be under the skin so as not to change the look of the car. You've got a cracking good basis there for an ultimate sleeper. Cool, sophisticated and original on the outside, mean as sin on the inside.

There's no reason why you can't up the power and handling considerably without changing the external originality of the car. It would still be an S202, you'll never take that away, just a bit more....with it.

I'd rather have your's regardless of cost than a Spec C, any day of the week!!
That is stil an option if the car does not sell, I have a VF48, 650cc injectors, ported headers and up-pipe, RCM induction kit and SPT heat shield, parallel fuel rail conversion, 3 port boost solenoid plus some other toys which were due to go on the car.

It should make around 400bhp with the above mods or perhaps more if I changed the turbo for a MD321, S206 or similar. And of course with the lightweight chassis the power to weight ratio would be higher than a 'normal' newage STi.

I seem to be talking myself out of selling the car now, damn I now have fourth and fifth thoughts.
Old 16 May 2010, 10:36 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

I'd have my 550's modified. Apparently Mark at Lateral Performance does a nice job of modifying and flow matching them so they'll make over 800cc. Turbo wise you've certainly got the right ideas and your TMIC will make 420-430bhp. Your heat shield should help with heat soak as would ceramic coated headers, up/downpipe and turbo. The std Airbox will make well over 400 with a flat panel air filter. Look at the old shape Litchfield 2.5 T25's. They made over 415bhp and ran the std airbox and TMIC. I think Andy Forrest made 450bhp with the std TMIC. Your motor should take over 400bhp all day long and i've heard them making and taking over 500bhp on std STi internals. Just have your rev limit lowered and you should be good to go.

This is all with the std ECU as well which is capable of a lot more than you'd think or others would lead you to believe. Work with what you've got and some choice mods will leave you some dosh to uprate the handling/brakes.

You've got a fabulous car that's as rare as golden goose eggs. I'd keep it forever!!
Old 17 May 2010, 04:56 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Ty it is a cracking car ,some of the guys on here have some very valid points
Old 17 May 2010, 05:20 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I'd have my 550's modified. Apparently Mark at Lateral Performance does a nice job of modifying and flow matching them so they'll make over 800cc. Turbo wise you've certainly got the right ideas and your TMIC will make 420-430bhp. Your heat shield should help with heat soak as would ceramic coated headers, up/downpipe and turbo. The std Airbox will make well over 400 with a flat panel air filter. Look at the old shape Litchfield 2.5 T25's. They made over 415bhp and ran the std airbox and TMIC. I think Andy Forrest made 450bhp with the std TMIC. Your motor should take over 400bhp all day long and i've heard them making and taking over 500bhp on std STi internals. Just have your rev limit lowered and you should be good to go.

This is all with the std ECU as well which is capable of a lot more than you'd think or others would lead you to believe. Work with what you've got and some choice mods will leave you some dosh to uprate the handling/brakes.

You've got a fabulous car that's as rare as golden goose eggs. I'd keep it forever!!
I still might keep it if the prospective buyer does not go ahead and I get no serious enquiries.

Originally Posted by S204 Glenn
Ty it is a cracking car ,some of the guys on here have some very valid points
I know Glenn, but I had put my mind to sell it and already had 2 replacment Spec C Blobeyes in mind for my next car.

Like I have said if it doesn't get any serious interest then I'll bite the bullet and modify it.
Old 17 May 2010, 09:59 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Still for sale as the potential buyer seems to have disappeared
Old 17 May 2010, 10:22 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Keep it, carry out the performance mods, bolt ons can always be reversed and drive around knowing you have one of the icons of the Subaru world.

A spec c is a little step back IMO and your S202 will keep its value so much better.

If you must sell then dont give it away these rare cars can take time to find a new owner but find one it will.

Old 17 May 2010, 10:33 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1
Keep it, carry out the performance mods, bolt ons can always be reversed and drive around knowing you have one of the icons of the Subaru world.

A spec c is a little step back IMO and your S202 will keep its value so much better.

If you must sell then dont give it away these rare cars can take time to find a new owner but find one it will.

I agree i'd rather have an S202 any day of the week then a blob eye spec c.

Keep it and mod it 400bhp should make it the perfect S202 IMHO.

Immy
Old 18 May 2010, 12:41 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

My Spec C took 6 months to sell - specialist car so will always take time. Just hang in there.

TX.
Old 18 May 2010, 09:07 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

I dont see how a blob spc c is a step backwards, if anything its quite a jump forwards (a-dccd, better ecu, better engines etc) BUT this is an S202, its a one off STI tuned car, the first subaru to break the 280ps agreement, she has all the good tweaks you want from a car, she is rare and still one of the best looking scoobs out there
Keep her, buy an older classic or another bug STI and tune that.

Tony
Old 18 May 2010, 05:16 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1

As you say Kev it can always be put back to standard if I go down the modification route, and I agree I won't be giving it away either.

I don't need to sell it I just had made my mind up that it would be going and a Blobeye Spec C would be taking it's place.

Originally Posted by juggers
I agree i'd rather have an S202 any day of the week then a blob eye spec c.

Keep it and mod it 400bhp should make it the perfect S202 IMHO.

Immy
This might still happen Immy, as said above I won't be selling it for stupid money and a 400bhp S202 would be quite a beast (quite good at 348bhp though).
Old 18 May 2010, 05:33 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
My Spec C took 6 months to sell - specialist car so will always take time. Just hang in there.

TX.
Cheers TX.

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I dont see how a blob spc c is a step backwards, if anything its quite a jump forwards (a-dccd, better ecu, better engines etc) BUT this is an S202, its a one off STI tuned car, the first subaru to break the 280ps agreement, she has all the good tweaks you want from a car, she is rare and still one of the best looking scoobs out there
Keep her, buy an older classic or another bug STI and tune that.

Tony
In terms of rarity value I think it would be a step back to go for a Blobeye Spec C but that is my reasoning; I would feel far happier modifying a Spec C than the S202.

It was the first of the Newage S series (let's forget about the classic S201) and it was based around a Spec C-RA rather than the later S203 & S204 which were based around JDM STi's.

The S202 I think is the best looking Bugeye by a country mile, the JDM HID headlamps are far better suited than the Prodrive, Morettes and UK headlamps.
Old 18 May 2010, 06:25 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My heart will go on but BTTT for my mate Ty. I didn't win the £84 mill

Quick Reply: Impreza S202 - 242 / 400