Notices
Private For Sale - Cars Only ScoobyNet Plus members and For Sale forum subscribers can post new threads in this forum. Click here for details.

PTMW! Anyone Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2004, 06:11 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool PTMW! Anyone Interested?

£9750ovno & NO splits or parts sold off. This is going as a package & if going, want all gone in one sale - genuinely haven't got time to split it all up.

MY99 UK Wagon in DGM
Year Tax & Year MOT

(Above pic courtesy of Josh L )

Full Service History (Dealer til warranty out, Scoobysport & Cool New)

New Engine @ 77,500 (due to MAF failure)
Janspeed Up Pipe
SS Down Pipe
Prodrive DeCat Centre
Prodrive Backbox
VF35
Tek3
Walbro f/pump & regulator
3 port solenoid (not fitted)
K&N Panel Filter

Needs a map tweak/remap when 3 port goes on. Should be approx 310BHP, 300 ft/lb. Ran 13.4@99 in recent ScoobyShootout on 2 port & boost creep - should be good for high 12s.

(New MAF @ 77500 & Lamda Sensor @ 80,000)
Quickshift

Leda B - rears rebuilt last year - new springs all round
OE Springs/Dampers with 20k use

Cusco Lower Front Brace (4 pt)
Cusco Top Front Brace
Cusco Lower Rear Brace (needs fitting)
6pt Bolt in Cage (inc diagonal)

SS Brembo/AP brake kit - Running EBC Greens atm but 2 new complete sets of Pagids spare + other pads that are OK for several thousand miles road use

3 sets of MY99 5 spoke alloys + assortment of 30+ tyres (track day & slicks)

P1 Oz Anthracite 17s (x5 though the spare is a bit manky)
P1 Lip Spoiler (genuine but a bit scratched/chipped)
P1 HID Spotlights
P1 Lamp Covers

Clear Side Repeaters
Clear Front Indicators

SECS 1003 Monitor
Towbar + electrics
Roof Bars
Plastic Tray for Boot

TD04 Turbo (OE)
Maybe some other bits & pieces when I remember/have a look around!

This car has been owned by me since 1st registration. It has been tracked, it has been dragged (though not that much) and has been my daily driver for the last 18 months. It is not immaculate as you would expect from a 5yr old 100,000 mile (nearly) car, stone chips etc. All its exploits have been well documented on ScoobyNet during its time. It is also fair to say that this car has been treated well, if it needs something, it gets it and my driving style is known to be mechanically sympathetic (when new engine was put in @ 77k, the clutch was judged to be less than 1/3rd worn).

I don't want to sell, will NOT be splitting in any way, but if someone is interested in the complete package, then we may have a deal

Any questions, ask away...

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 05 August 2004 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05 August 2004, 07:10 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

End of an era...

MB
Old 05 August 2004, 10:05 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Indeed it is. This was the first Scoob I went in on track (Brands Hatch many moons ago). Great car.

Chris
Old 09 August 2004, 10:45 PM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

Puff

What are you doing mate???

Who am I going to share my pit at Brands with now?

Joking apart this car is a well known and respected. It may have the odd track day mile under it's belt but it is "PTMW" and that says it all.

James good luck with the sale.

Tim

Last edited by Tim Taylor; 09 August 2004 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10 August 2004, 11:33 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

BTTT

Whats next fella?

Ps if you're splitting may I have.....
Old 14 August 2004, 05:54 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

I guess no-one is interested?

Still not splitting but price is potentially flexible...
Old 14 August 2004, 11:37 AM
AndyWRX1
Scooby Regular

Puff

I am seriously interested but the timing is a little early so I may not be your man but I have a couple of questions anyway if I may.

1. I cant see the cage in either of the pics, how easy is it to remove / put back in and how intrusive is it, because I cant really turn up at customers in a car with a roll cage (I dont think my boss would approve !)

2. I am not very technical or mechanically minded so fitting a rear brace, a 3 port solonoid (what is a solonoid ???) and then getting it remapped is beyond me, could you give me an idea of who could do this and how much.

3. How reliable is the car with all these mods and running over 300 bhp, do you constantly have to tweak and play around with it and replace broken parts. or could I just drive it every day around London and get it serviced at a Subaru garage every 10,000 (or is it 7,000) miles. Is your new best friend the AA man ?

4. And finally, and this is probably the killer - the lease on my current WRX runs out in November, so can you wait 3 months ?

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by AndyWRX1; 14 August 2004 at 11:52 AM. Reason: add email notification
Old 14 August 2004, 10:46 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Andy

Thank you for your interest.

1. I cant see the cage in either of the pics, how easy is it to remove / put back in and how intrusive is it, because I cant really turn up at customers in a car with a roll cage (I dont think my boss would approve !)
Cage is 45/60 minute job max depending on facilities/knowhow I guess. Rear trim out, front arms in to pre-drilled holes, front cross in, middle hoop in to match to fronts (pre-drilled holes), rear braces to middle hoop (pre-drilled on rear turrets to mount) then bolt in rear brace and diagonal. All bolts & mounting plates etc supplied.

I take out ALL the rear trim inc rear seats.

2. I am not very technical or mechanically minded so fitting a rear brace, a 3 port solonoid (what is a solonoid ???) and then getting it remapped is beyond me, could you give me an idea of who could do this and how much.
Lwr rear brace I could do np, just been too lazy to jack it up!

3 pt & re-map/tweak is the domain of Pat Heborn or Bob Rawle. 3 pt is easy to fit but I wouldn't do it before Pat/Bob. How much? Well, if it's Pat, likely to be £100-£150 (max) for the tweak (his map original), maybe less, but if Bob, it'll be a re-map @ £250ish.

3. How reliable is the car with all these mods and running over 300 bhp, do you constantly have to tweak and play around with it and replace broken parts. or could I just drive it every day around London and get it serviced at a Subaru garage every 10,000 (or is it 7,000) miles. Is your new best friend the AA man ?
Well, its been like this since 77,500 miles, now 97,000, and I am currently using it (as I have been for over 18 months) as a daily driver. It was only the failed MAF that has let me down, that and punctures

At the moment, its running 150 miles in/out from Suffolk into central London every day, never fails to start/stop and is 100% reliable. Depending on my foot/mood, its around 24-30mpg. As I said before, I'm pretty mechanically sympathetic, so I don't crash gears, rev **** off etc. However, to be fair, it is coming up to 100k miles (though mainly m/way & dual) so you'll have to bear that in mind.

I do not use the turbo until the car/oil is warmed up (thrash it from cold) and always allow the turbo to cool down at the other end after m/way runs inc fuel stops.

I have seen the AA man precisely twice with PTMW!, 1st for a worn out wheel-bearing @ 25k miles (replaced under warranty) and when the engine failed due to MAF @ brands. I also have a full-size P1 Oz spare (though its a SPARE not a show wheel!), so don't need to call out if front puncture.

4. And finally, and this is probably the killer - the lease on my current WRX runs out in November, so can you wait 3 months ?
LOL - that is a killer innit?!!!

Well, lets be honest. I am ordering a new car next week, which may take a couple of months to arrive but I may have use of a van in the meantime. When I have alternate (cheaper diesel) transport, I will be leaving PTMW! @ home until sold. Vans due in 2 weeks max.

Should we come to a deal, then I will leave PTMW! untouched @ home until such a time as you can pay in full. However, I would expect a written undertaking to buy @ price agreed and a non-refundable deposit on the deal of £500. Likewise, I would be bound by that agreement not to otherwise sell/dispose of the car. Wife's a solicitor, so I'm sure she'd draft something simple up.

PTMW! can be viewed in London (E1/EC2) work days/evenings & currently week-ends

Remembered some more things!

Knocklink stealth fit

Powerflex ARB mounts
Powerflex Solid Droplinks

RAC Trackstar

Air-Con

ABS Cut-off switch (for snow)

I also have a miniture Lambda Link which I've never got round to fitting + the Subaru Ice Detector likewise

If you wish to take this further, then PM me or email puff@sidc.co.uk

Puff

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 14 August 2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 14 August 2004, 10:52 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Oh &

Tyres are F1 GDS3s all round with approx 15k miles BUT I will be replacing the rears because 1 has a 3 inch nail in sidewall & the other has a slow(ish) puncture in the sidewall Therefore fronts to rears and new ones on front. Plenty of tread left on existing with no wear obvious due to incorrect settings.

Cage is not currently fitted as it is intrusive to everyday stuff. I only fit for track-days & take out afterwards. Although, it might be possible to use the front section only on a daily basis, leaving only the rear install for t-days. I would tell you all about how/where to fit anyway.

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 14 August 2004 at 10:55 PM.
Old 15 August 2004, 10:11 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

As I drove in today, remembered Infinity Reference speakers front/rear
Old 15 August 2004, 01:54 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

It's hard to get the staff these days
Old 08 September 2004, 09:52 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!