ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Best Subaru for £5-7k? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1043571-best-subaru-for-5-7k.html)

h4mza 19 November 2016 04:37 PM

Best Subaru for £5-7k?

Hey all, I'm quite an old member, joined when I had passed my test at 19 and was looking to get a Subaru but got told to f*ck off as no one would insure me on a turbo with no experience lol. So now I'm 24 and in about 6 months time I'll be 25 and hoping to buy my first Subaru. I have a budget of £5-7k and can't decide between RB5, Type-R or WRX blobeye shape. Or could someone suggest an alternative for upto £7k. Thanks.

JGlanzaV 19 November 2016 05:40 PM

Type r without a doubt

cuprajake 19 November 2016 08:26 PM

spend a bit more theres a nice widetrak on here for less than 8k bargin if u ask me

cuprajake 19 November 2016 08:27 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...track-ppp.html

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 21 November 2016 08:43 PM

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance for what ever vehicle you're looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Shane 21 November 2016 09:34 PM

Only thing to remember with a Type R is the short gearing can make long journeys tedious and even more expensive than any other Scoob.
Check any classic for rust no matter how clean it looks, inner and outer rear arches, sills, jacking points, Rear strut towers, front and rear bumper bars and the fuel filler neck are the favourite spots, even early bugs are starting to show signs of rust.

Rab555 21 November 2016 10:42 PM

I was in exactly your position 4.5 years ago and opted for a blobeye wrx. I managed to get an amazing example
from Subaru and its still as reliable to this day. I'm now ready to upgrade to something more powerful having really got to grips with the power of the wrx, it does shift when you know how to drive it although this is widely disputed lol. Glad I didn't jump in and buy an "alright" STi at the time, I'm almost certain I'd have had more expense/problems than I've had with the wrx.

However, if you've a decent amount of disposable income to spend/save then you could go for something properly quick, just be prepared not to spare any expenses to maintain reliability.

The Trooper 1815 21 November 2016 10:47 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.sco...3f0e2ca82c.jpg

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Post 11897018)
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance for what ever vehicle you're looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

BoozyDave 21 November 2016 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Post 11897018)
Hi,
Regards,
Dan.

If you phone Flux make sure you have some KY jelly nearby......

It cost me £125 for 4 DAYS INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cancelled when I got the paperwork through and discovered they had screwed me on mileage (3k miles limit, I told them I had done 4.5k in the last 12 months).
Dan said 'he will look into it', but not heard a word off him!

He doesn't even have the decency to respond on any of my replies either :mad:

My van is insured through Flux, a bloke caused an accident (June 2015) and the full incident was on my dashcam. His insurance accepted full liability when they saw the footage. I have had to make a million and one calls to at least 5 different companies to sort everything out (hire van, repairs, claim handlers, damage recovery, loss of earning recovery, physio, medical examination), I am still waiting for my loss of earning to be paid 17 MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like paying for a 'package' holiday and then having to phone up every single person to arrange things yourself!

urban 22 November 2016 08:51 AM

Oh.
Popcorn time for the reply here :fight:

Yellow R 22 November 2016 08:56 AM

Look for a nice Type R, from a personal opinion there more enjoyable then a newage and also good ones are rocketing in price..

ccsimpreza 22 November 2016 09:43 AM

I bought my 330hp blob sti with loads of goodies for 6.6. Why not one of them?

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX 22 November 2016 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by BoozyDave (Post 11897055)
If you phone Flux make sure you have some KY jelly nearby......

It cost me £125 for 4 DAYS INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cancelled when I got the paperwork through and discovered they had screwed me on mileage (3k miles limit, I told them I had done 4.5k in the last 12 months).
Dan said 'he will look into it', but not heard a word off him!

He doesn't even have the decency to respond on any of my replies either :mad:

My van is insured through Flux, a bloke caused an accident (June 2015) and the full incident was on my dashcam. His insurance accepted full liability when they saw the footage. I have had to make a million and one calls to at least 5 different companies to sort everything out (hire van, repairs, claim handlers, damage recovery, loss of earning recovery, physio, medical examination), I am still waiting for my loss of earning to be paid 17 MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like paying for a 'package' holiday and then having to phone up every single person to arrange things yourself!

Hi Dave,

Sorry you have experienced problems with us. I've looked through my PMs and cannot find anything from you. When was the last time you tried to contact me?

Kind Regards
Dan

EddScott 22 November 2016 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 11897029)
Only thing to remember with a Type R is the short gearing can make long journeys tedious and even more expensive than any other Scoob.

I had a Type RA for a bit and that had similar short gearing. After an hour or so on the motorway it became very tedious to drive.

The Trooper 1815 22 November 2016 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 11897247)
I had a Type RA for a bit and that had similar short gearing. After an hour or so on the motorway it became very tedious to drive.

You can retro fit a UK 5th gear for motorway use.

The Trooper 1815 22 November 2016 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX (Post 11897160)
Hi Dave,

Sorry you have experienced problems with us. I've looked through my PMs and cannot find anything from you. When was the last time you tried to contact me?

Kind Regards
Dan

Popcorn ready.

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 06:47 PM

Hi Dave,

Kind Regards
Dan

I spoke to you in person a couple of times about the policy that had a lower mileage that what I stated in had done in the last year. I'm still waiting for you to get back to me, about 3 years ago now!

My accident was 19th June 2015, over 1,200,000 people saw the footage on "idiot UK drivers exposed" on Facebook. All slagged off the other driver. His insurance accepted liability, but I still haven't received my loss of earnings! Hopefully I will get them in the next couple of weeks from one of the numerous companies I'm dealing with (Slater Gordon solutions limited, who I got passed on to from 'ULR uninsured loss recovery' who I got passed on new to from another company I had to deal with!

I can't understand how flux have repeat customers with how I have been treated! Overcharged and then shafted with cancellation charges, then shafted and still out of pocket when I made a claim that was the other persons fault!

ditchmyster 22 November 2016 07:12 PM

Mattb is selling a nice enough RB5 on here for just over £4k you could use the rest of your budget to sort the paint work etc and have a very nice collectable Subaru on your hands, also being a Classic they're more interesting to drive and going up in value. :thumb:

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 07:33 PM

Dan, I think it's best we continue our discussion via PM and not divert this thread any more.

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11897342)
Mattb is selling a nice enough RB5 on here for just over £4k you could use the rest of your budget to sort the paint work etc and have a very nice collectable Subaru on your hands, also being a Classic they're more interesting to drive and going up in value. :thumb:

£4k is a decent price for an RB5, it will hold its money too.

The type R is a great drivers car and is going up in value, you should be able to get a good one for the top of your budget.

boosted 22 November 2016 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 11897029)
Check any classic for rust no matter how clean it looks, inner and outer rear arches, sills, jacking points, Rear strut towers, front and rear bumper bars and the fuel filler neck are the favourite spots, even early bugs are starting to show signs of rust.

Early bugs? My blobeye has just had inner and outer arches, the sills and rear strut tops welded.

scoobiepaul 22 November 2016 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 11897352)
Early bugs? My blobeye has just had inner and outer arches, the sills and rear strut tops welded.

Crikey! Is it a UK car?

ditchmyster 22 November 2016 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by scoobiepaul (Post 11897379)
Crikey! Is it a UK car?

They're all getting on now, newest blobeye has seen 12 uk winters, that's a lot of salt for a jap sh1tbox to cope with, add to that if it's been parked over grass or rough ground for any length of time and it'll be even worse, after all how many garages in the uk have space for a car and all the crap most people store in them. :lol1:

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 09:30 PM

Hi Dave,

Kind Regards
Dan

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=543212599160024&id=1432331658 24638

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 09:55 PM

Hi Dave,

Kind Regards
Dan

You try to get customers for Flux, but don't give a fuk when members have issues!

I guess you didn't want to reply to that post!

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...jdm-shell.html

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 10:07 PM

I see a pattern here, you spam threads to get business and then don't give a fuk about customers

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...dash-cams.html

JDM Stig also has the same issue with the shower of shiite company that you work for!

IF YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY AND SPAM THREADS FOR BUSINESS, AT LEAST HAVE THE BALLS TO HELP CUSTOMERS OUT, IF YOU CAN'T, DON'T BOTHER SPAMMING FOR CUSTOMERS

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 10:09 PM

Stop talking bollocks Dan, you know of my issues but have done NOTHING to help me

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...lp-please.html

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 10:21 PM

Another thread I have replied to about my accident with Flux and no reply from Dan :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall :brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...alk-to-me.html

Worlasshasansti 22 November 2016 10:27 PM

That escalated quickly!

BoozyDave 22 November 2016 10:35 PM

Dan talks bollocks and only wants commission from people that buy insurance, he doesn't want hassle and doesn't want to help out customers that need his assistance

I speak my mind, if someone helps me out I'll praise them and recommend them, if someone wants my business and then sticks it in dry :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Flux would be nothing without customers, so when a customer has issues, why can't the member that always spams for customers help customers out.

COME ON DAN, ITS NOT LIKE I HAVEN'T MENTIONED IT BEFORE IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!