ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Best Subaru for £5-7k?

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2016, 04:37 PM
h4mza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Subaru for £5-7k?

Hey all, I'm quite an old member, joined when I had passed my test at 19 and was looking to get a Subaru but got told to f*ck off as no one would insure me on a turbo with no experience lol. So now I'm 24 and in about 6 months time I'll be 25 and hoping to buy my first Subaru. I have a budget of £5-7k and can't decide between RB5, Type-R or WRX blobeye shape. Or could someone suggest an alternative for upto £7k. Thanks.
Old 19 November 2016, 05:40 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Type r without a doubt
Old 19 November 2016, 08:26 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

spend a bit more theres a nice widetrak on here for less than 8k bargin if u ask me
Old 19 November 2016, 08:27 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...track-ppp.html
Old 21 November 2016, 08:43 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance for what ever vehicle you're looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 21 November 2016, 09:34 PM
Shane
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Only thing to remember with a Type R is the short gearing can make long journeys tedious and even more expensive than any other Scoob.
Check any classic for rust no matter how clean it looks, inner and outer rear arches, sills, jacking points, Rear strut towers, front and rear bumper bars and the fuel filler neck are the favourite spots, even early bugs are starting to show signs of rust.
Old 21 November 2016, 10:42 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

I was in exactly your position 4.5 years ago and opted for a blobeye wrx. I managed to get an amazing example
from Subaru and its still as reliable to this day. I'm now ready to upgrade to something more powerful having really got to grips with the power of the wrx, it does shift when you know how to drive it although this is widely disputed lol. Glad I didn't jump in and buy an "alright" STi at the time, I'm almost certain I'd have had more expense/problems than I've had with the wrx.

However, if you've a decent amount of disposable income to spend/save then you could go for something properly quick, just be prepared not to spare any expenses to maintain reliability.
Old 21 November 2016, 10:47 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance for what ever vehicle you're looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 21 November 2016, 11:06 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
Regards,
Dan.
If you phone Flux make sure you have some KY jelly nearby......

It cost me £125 for 4 DAYS INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cancelled when I got the paperwork through and discovered they had screwed me on mileage (3k miles limit, I told them I had done 4.5k in the last 12 months).
Dan said 'he will look into it', but not heard a word off him!

He doesn't even have the decency to respond on any of my replies either

My van is insured through Flux, a bloke caused an accident (June 2015) and the full incident was on my dashcam. His insurance accepted full liability when they saw the footage. I have had to make a million and one calls to at least 5 different companies to sort everything out (hire van, repairs, claim handlers, damage recovery, loss of earning recovery, physio, medical examination), I am still waiting for my loss of earning to be paid 17 MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like paying for a 'package' holiday and then having to phone up every single person to arrange things yourself!
Old 22 November 2016, 08:51 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Oh.
Popcorn time for the reply here
Old 22 November 2016, 08:56 AM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Look for a nice Type R, from a personal opinion there more enjoyable then a newage and also good ones are rocketing in price..
Old 22 November 2016, 09:43 AM
ccsimpreza
Scooby Regular

I bought my 330hp blob sti with loads of goodies for 6.6. Why not one of them?
Old 22 November 2016, 12:36 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BoozyDave
If you phone Flux make sure you have some KY jelly nearby......

It cost me £125 for 4 DAYS INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cancelled when I got the paperwork through and discovered they had screwed me on mileage (3k miles limit, I told them I had done 4.5k in the last 12 months).
Dan said 'he will look into it', but not heard a word off him!

He doesn't even have the decency to respond on any of my replies either

My van is insured through Flux, a bloke caused an accident (June 2015) and the full incident was on my dashcam. His insurance accepted full liability when they saw the footage. I have had to make a million and one calls to at least 5 different companies to sort everything out (hire van, repairs, claim handlers, damage recovery, loss of earning recovery, physio, medical examination), I am still waiting for my loss of earning to be paid 17 MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like paying for a 'package' holiday and then having to phone up every single person to arrange things yourself!
Hi Dave,

Sorry you have experienced problems with us. I've looked through my PMs and cannot find anything from you. When was the last time you tried to contact me?

Kind Regards
Dan
Old 22 November 2016, 03:42 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane
Only thing to remember with a Type R is the short gearing can make long journeys tedious and even more expensive than any other Scoob.
I had a Type RA for a bit and that had similar short gearing. After an hour or so on the motorway it became very tedious to drive.
Old 22 November 2016, 06:00 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by EddScott
I had a Type RA for a bit and that had similar short gearing. After an hour or so on the motorway it became very tedious to drive.
You can retro fit a UK 5th gear for motorway use.
Old 22 November 2016, 06:01 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Hi Dave,

Sorry you have experienced problems with us. I've looked through my PMs and cannot find anything from you. When was the last time you tried to contact me?

Kind Regards
Dan
Popcorn ready.
Old 22 November 2016, 06:47 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave,

Kind Regards
Dan
I spoke to you in person a couple of times about the policy that had a lower mileage that what I stated in had done in the last year. I'm still waiting for you to get back to me, about 3 years ago now!

My accident was 19th June 2015, over 1,200,000 people saw the footage on "idiot UK drivers exposed" on Facebook. All slagged off the other driver. His insurance accepted liability, but I still haven't received my loss of earnings! Hopefully I will get them in the next couple of weeks from one of the numerous companies I'm dealing with (Slater Gordon solutions limited, who I got passed on to from 'ULR uninsured loss recovery' who I got passed on new to from another company I had to deal with!

I can't understand how flux have repeat customers with how I have been treated! Overcharged and then shafted with cancellation charges, then shafted and still out of pocket when I made a claim that was the other persons fault!
Old 22 November 2016, 07:12 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mattb is selling a nice enough RB5 on here for just over £4k you could use the rest of your budget to sort the paint work etc and have a very nice collectable Subaru on your hands, also being a Classic they're more interesting to drive and going up in value.
Old 22 November 2016, 07:33 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Dan, I think it's best we continue our discussion via PM and not divert this thread any more.
Old 22 November 2016, 07:37 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Mattb is selling a nice enough RB5 on here for just over £4k you could use the rest of your budget to sort the paint work etc and have a very nice collectable Subaru on your hands, also being a Classic they're more interesting to drive and going up in value.
£4k is a decent price for an RB5, it will hold its money too.

The type R is a great drivers car and is going up in value, you should be able to get a good one for the top of your budget.
Old 22 November 2016, 07:39 PM
boosted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shane
Check any classic for rust no matter how clean it looks, inner and outer rear arches, sills, jacking points, Rear strut towers, front and rear bumper bars and the fuel filler neck are the favourite spots, even early bugs are starting to show signs of rust.
Early bugs? My blobeye has just had inner and outer arches, the sills and rear strut tops welded.
Old 22 November 2016, 08:16 PM
scoobiepaul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boosted
Early bugs? My blobeye has just had inner and outer arches, the sills and rear strut tops welded.
Crikey! Is it a UK car?
Old 22 November 2016, 08:25 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobiepaul
Crikey! Is it a UK car?
They're all getting on now, newest blobeye has seen 12 uk winters, that's a lot of salt for a jap sh1tbox to cope with, add to that if it's been parked over grass or rough ground for any length of time and it'll be even worse, after all how many garages in the uk have space for a car and all the crap most people store in them.
Old 22 November 2016, 09:30 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave,

Kind Regards
Dan
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=543212599160024&id=1432331658 24638
Old 22 November 2016, 09:55 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave,

Kind Regards
Dan
You try to get customers for Flux, but don't give a *** when members have issues!

I guess you didn't want to reply to that post!

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...jdm-shell.html
Old 22 November 2016, 10:07 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

I see a pattern here, you spam threads to get business and then don't give a *** about customers

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...dash-cams.html

JDM Stig also has the same issue with the shower of shiite company that you work for!

IF YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY AND SPAM THREADS FOR BUSINESS, AT LEAST HAVE THE ***** TO HELP CUSTOMERS OUT, IF YOU CAN'T, DON'T BOTHER SPAMMING FOR CUSTOMERS
Old 22 November 2016, 10:09 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Stop talking bollocks Dan, you know of my issues but have done NOTHING to help me

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...lp-please.html
Old 22 November 2016, 10:21 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Another thread I have replied to about my accident with Flux and no reply from Dan

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...alk-to-me.html
Old 22 November 2016, 10:27 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

That escalated quickly!
Old 22 November 2016, 10:35 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Dan talks bollocks and only wants commission from people that buy insurance, he doesn't want hassle and doesn't want to help out customers that need his assistance

I speak my mind, if someone helps me out I'll praise them and recommend them, if someone wants my business and then sticks it in dry

Flux would be nothing without customers, so when a customer has issues, why can't the member that always spams for customers help customers out.

COME ON DAN, ITS NOT LIKE I HAVEN'T MENTIONED IT BEFORE IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!