ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Subway ban Bacon and Ham (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1003167-subway-ban-bacon-and-ham.html)

paulr 08 May 2014 08:27 PM

When halal meat is blessed, what is the translation of the blessing. Just curious.

Lisawrx 08 May 2014 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11423683)
How come I said the same thing as Lisa (before her) and got sarcasm?. If it helps me to get understood then maybe I should give my self a girls name. You sexist pigs.:nono:

It's probably just that I've been here longer and these guys know me/what I'm like.

Sadly some people have/do come here to troll, especially in threads like this, and I guess it just takes a little while for some people to figure out who is genuinely interested in discussing topics, not just looking for an argument.

I wouldn't take it personally. :thumb:

Maz 08 May 2014 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 11423926)
When halal meat is blessed, what is the translation of the blessing. Just curious.

As far as I know it's akin to 'in the name of the Almighty'. An expression of gratitude for the meat.

lordharding 08 May 2014 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 11423943)
It's probably just that I've been here longer and these guys know me/what I'm like.

Sadly some people have/do come here to troll, especially in threads like this, and I guess it just takes a little while for some people to figure out who is genuinely interested in discussing topics, not just looking for an argument.

I wouldn't take it personally. :thumb:

Chris is doing well now and has lost his newby status and is one of us after his defending of the chocolate 2.5 pistons :D

This meat carry on is getting massive now
Even headlines about This meat
Enough to make you want to be a veggie
I was brought on on a farm and remember helping cut a pigs throat a horrible painful death for it but i still like meat but only from my local quality butcher
I would imagine people are going TI really think about meat now and slaughter techniques

The Trooper 1815 08 May 2014 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11423613)
Hello, Shaid. The "Christian thing" is going perfectly, thank you; I feel deeply blessed and humbled to have been elected to follow Jesus Christ. I'm still going to church, in fact the pastor is coming around for a coffee in an hour or so. Christians are not forbidden from eating pork - thank God! :)

A pork sausage with the pastor, call Yewtree :D

ALi-B 08 May 2014 11:14 PM

For what we are about to receive, may the Lord make us truely thankful.

Amen.

;)

Geezer 09 May 2014 10:08 AM

It translates as "suckers, I can charge whatever I like for this" :Suspiciou

Kwik 09 May 2014 08:42 PM

http://newsthump.com/2014/05/09/nice...alal-sandwich/

:lol1:

Turbohot 09 May 2014 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11424713)

Is William's dad a Scoobynet member? :Suspiciou

Sounds like it, anyway.

Maz 09 May 2014 09:37 PM

Drat! I was just about to open a non halal butchers and reap the profit from everyone that's boycotting Tesco, Morrisons etc. I can't be having you natives turning muslim or my whole business model won't work. :(

Lisawrx 10 May 2014 12:02 AM

It's quite worrying that some people thought it was serious though. :cuckoo:

Carnut 10 May 2014 12:59 AM

Have the daily mail been visiting mental hospitals for their story's? If not some one needs to test the parents for drugs.(I have noticed some of mine going missing:wonder:)

Maz 10 May 2014 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11424889)
Have the daily mail been visiting mental hospitals for their story's? If not some one needs to test the parents for drugs.(I have noticed some of mine going missing:wonder:)

http://i60.tinypic.com/1268cpx.jpg

Turbohot 10 May 2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11424889)

I totally agree. If parents are on drugs, can you blame the kid going on Halal???
IMO Daily Mail need to get some pictures with his parents "chonging on a bong and stuff and behaving strangely" to develop another cracker of a story.

We should credit right source though>>>>>

See what you've done, News Thump? :rolleyes: :mad:

scoobyboy1 10 May 2014 07:20 PM

Cant believe it, went to order some stuff from B&Q online and this come up on screen!!!!:wonder:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16...b.jpg~original

AndyBaker 10 May 2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11425338)
Cant believe it, went to order some stuff from B&Q online and this come up on screen!!!!:wonder:

Brilliant

RA Dunk 10 May 2014 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11425338)

It wouldn't surprise me TBH, everybody takes offense at every bloody thing nowadays...

RS_Matt 11 May 2014 08:14 AM

Is a black ribbon attached to a car offensive to Westerners or is it purely a luck symbol.

Or is it a luck Symbol that has been hijacked in the manner the EDL hijacked the St George Cross?

Carnut 11 May 2014 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11425670)
Is a black ribbon attached to a car offensive to Westerners or is it purely a luck symbol.

Or is it a luck Symbol that has been hijacked in the manner the EDL hijacked the St George Cross?

It depends on how the ribbon is attached. And does it fit in with the rest of the mods ?
The last thing we want is a bad job to have been done and it look stupid. :D

joz8968 15 May 2014 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 11423774)
...I don't eat rats because they...have...unattractive teeth...

That reminds me of the time, purely for my own amusement, when I was being deliberately vague towards my (spaced out) mate...

I 'asked' him, "Weyland, do you like hamsters?" To which he paused for a bit, before replying all annoyed but quite serious, "I don't like any animals with gnawy teeth!"

FPMSL :lol:

You'd've pissed, JT. :lol1:

JTaylor 15 May 2014 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11428984)

That reminds me of the time, purely for my own amusement, when I was being deliberately vague towards my (spaced out) mate...

I 'asked' him, "Weyland, do you like hamsters?" To which he paused for a bit, before replying all annoyed but quite serious, "I don't like any animals with gnawy teeth!"

FPMSL :lol:

You'd've pissed, JT. :lol1:

joz8968 15 May 2014 08:41 PM

:D

zip106 15 May 2014 09:00 PM

Squirrel?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-27393717

joz8968 16 May 2014 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 11429060)

lol

joz8968 16 May 2014 06:35 PM

. . . As soon as I first clapped eyes on that post ^^^, I thought you were 'on to me' or something; as one of my schoolboy nicknames was Squirrel, and I happen to live in Leic. too!

finalzero 19 May 2014 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kwik (Post 11416941)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-food/8507373/

Some 185 of the estimated 1,700 Subway stores in Great Britain and Ireland have eliminated ham and bacon from their menus in response to requests from Muslim consumers.

The world's largest sandwich chain said in a statement that after strong interest from its Muslim customers, these locations
have introduced "halal meat" as a replacement, which is prepared under strict Islamic rules.

As Subway has spread geographically across diverse populations, back in 2007 the chain put in place a program "to ensure that the population demographic is taken into account when new story openings are considered," the company said, in a statement.

There are currently no plans for stores serving halal meat in the U.S. market, a spokesperson says.

Muslims are forbidden from eating any non-halal food and meat from pigs, and Subway said customers can identify those stores selling halal food by the special "All meats are Halal" sign, displayed in the participating restaurants. The signs are on menu panels, nutritional information panels and front windows of the store.

Special meats made with non-pork products -- such as turkey ham -- are being sold instead.

Under Islamic law, pork is forbidden and while other meat can be eaten, it must be sourced, slaughtered and processed according to very strict rules.

Subway said all halal meat served in its branches has come from animals that were stunned before being slaughtered.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...if hundreds of other retail outlets of various types can and do cater for all religious needs how hard was it for Subway to do that?

And the ones petitioning are a bunch of idiots as well trying to stir trouble as usual.

f1_fan 19 May 2014 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by finalzero (Post 11431760)
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard...if hundreds of other retail outlets of various types can and do cater for all religious needs how hard was it for Subway to do that?

And the ones petitioning are a bunch of idiots as well trying to stir trouble as usual.

It's also not exactly 'breaking news', even NSR debated it back in Feb 2009:

Halal Meat - Subway

Carnut 19 May 2014 08:14 PM

:

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11431941)
It's also not exactly 'breaking news', even NSR debated it back in Feb 2009:

Halal Meat - Subway

Ha, only got 14 pages last time,a full page of extra rage this time. Maybe that shows things are getting worse or maybe it shows I am reading in to it to much.:wonder:

f1_fan 19 May 2014 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by chris j t (Post 11431999)
:

Ha, only got 14 pages last time,a full page of extra rage this time. Maybe that shows things are getting worse or maybe it shows I am reading in to it to much.:wonder:

Nah, it shiows people are generally getting more dumb!