ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why are scoob owners given so much stick?!?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1012387-why-are-scoob-owners-given-so-much-stick.html)

53 25 September 2014 09:32 PM

Ironically I drive like more of a cnut in my Skoda than my Scoob :D

Oh... and this :)

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 11523980)
As for the question why Scooby owners get so much stick, that's because a lot of wankers own one. Simple as. ;)

PADDYHOEY 25 September 2014 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by fat-thomas (Post 11523657)
So one idiot met another.......cool story bro!!

Lollolololololololololololol

jaygsi 25 September 2014 11:22 PM

Since you're bought that evo Gary, the evo crew seem to be after me :Suspiciou

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 11524132)
I notice it more in the Evo than in the Impreza TBH

People used to let me out of a junction in the Impreza, but no such joy now.
The rear bumper is like a magnet for idiots, again something I didn't get often in the Subaru.

No abuse though, not that I've noticed anyway.

bighead 25 September 2014 11:35 PM

I had a few mercs tailgating me on M60 recently (even though I'm well above average speed for the motorway ), I just normally speed up till they give up ...or if that fails I just let them catch right up to my rear bumper then brake hard and back on the gas asap , works every time !!.

However I find normally people comments on how cool my P1 is to be fair ...don't see many on the road now .

f1_fan 26 September 2014 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by bighead (Post 11524285)
...or if that fails I just let them catch right up to my rear bumper then brake hard and back on the gas asap , works every time

And that is clever how? :cuckoo:

Why not just get out of the way if they want to go faster?

Carnut 26 September 2014 12:49 AM

If you want the answer to this

Why are scoob owners given so much stick?!?!
then read this https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...v9-in-red.html all of.:)

LuckyWelshchap 26 September 2014 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Paben (Post 11523682)
I find this outside lane-hogging thing is especially prevalent in South Wales! I'm now well prepared, on an otherwise empty dual carriageway, to have someone suddenly change lanes because they're going to turn right at a roundabout 3 miles ahead, usually when I'm almost next to them and going quite a bit quicker.

This never happens down my way! :)

Phew !
Not the missus then - she only does 600 yd stretches.

Oh - and Oxford is alive with knobs in BMs.
2 lanes into 1 and muppet on the inside (behind) decides to overtake the Subaru that's merging.
Well, tried to :D

M6 is alive with people who think it's all right to toddle along at 60 mph in the middle lane, despite nothing for 1/2 mile in the inside lane.

Northants has people who hog a lane and wind people up with 'cheery waves' (until they encounter a bigger bro).

M4 around Bristol has clowns in Audis who think they can sit on the tail of a scooby - until the pedal's floored and it takes them 1/2 mile or more to overtake after the scooby driver has correctly moved over after overtaking.

Our valley has muppets in Fiesta STs who think they can drop it down a couple of cogs and take a big one out, and can't believe they couldn't.
In this instance I do wind the window down at the next set of lights and say 'and that was 4th gear sonny'.

Tbh I don't think I've ever had a problem with Mercs. Their owners don't have the mindset (aka balls - older age brings impotence).

All joking apart I over-react, as my wife keeps telling me:
  • The guy who pulled out on me didn't do it intentionally.
    I just happened to be accelerating so quickly that in the time between him looking in his mirror, indicating (sometimes) and pulling out I'd actually got 200 yds closer to him.
  • The little old lady that suddenly stopped on a hill without braking had in fact missed her gear change.
  • The little pr!ck in his ST wasn't trying to take my machine out, he simply drives like that all the time.
  • The idiot hogging the outside lane on a dual carriageway isn't being provocative, it's the wife 'making sure she can be in the right place to turn right at the roundabout' a few hundred yards ahead.
Yep, more Subaru drivers suffer from paranoia......................

Paben 26 September 2014 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap (Post 11524307)
Phew !
Not the missus then - she only does 600 yd stretches.

Oh - and Oxford is alive with knobs in BMs.
2 lanes into 1 and muppet on the inside (behind) decides to overtake the Subaru that's merging.
Well, tried to :D

M6 is alive with people who think it's all right to toddle along at 60 mph in the middle lane, despite nothing for 1/2 mile in the inside lane.

Northants has people who hog a lane and wind people up with 'cheery waves' (until they encounter a bigger bro).

M4 around Bristol has clowns in Audis who think they can sit on the tail of a scooby - until the pedal's floored and it takes them 1/2 mile or more to overtake after the scooby driver has correctly moved over after overtaking.

Our valley has muppets in Fiesta STs who think they can drop it down a couple of cogs and take a big one out, and can't believe they couldn't.
In this instance I do wind the window down at the next set of lights and say 'and that was 4th gear sonny'.

Tbh I don't think I've ever had a problem with Mercs. Their owners don't have the mindset (aka balls - older age brings impotence).

All joking apart I over-react, as my wife keeps telling me:
  • The guy who pulled out on me didn't do it intentionally.
    I just happened to be accelerating so quickly that in the time between him looking in his mirror, indicating (sometimes) and pulling out I'd actually got 200 yds closer to him.
  • The little old lady that suddenly stopped on a hill without braking had in fact missed her gear change.
  • The little pr!ck in his ST wasn't trying to take my machine out, he simply drives like that all the time.
  • The idiot hogging the outside lane on a dual carriageway isn't being provocative, it's the wife 'making sure she can be in the right place to turn right at the roundabout' a few hundred yards ahead.
Yep, more Subaru drivers suffer from paranoia......................

You're bound to suffer from paranoia when everyone's out to get you! :lol1:

urban 26 September 2014 08:14 AM

I had a few mercs tailgating me on M60 recently (even though I'm well above average speed for the motorway ), I just normally speed up till they give up ...or if that fails I just let them catch right up to my rear bumper then brake hard and back on the gas asap , works every time !!.

Just move over and allow faster moving traffic to overtake you tool

jaygsi 26 September 2014 09:22 AM

You run it on LPG :thumb:

rear bumper then brake hard and back on the gas asap , works every time !!.

Lunchmoney 26 September 2014 09:45 AM

I just let them catch right up to my rear bumper then brake hard and back on the gas asap , works every time !

Wow, that's just stupid and dangerous.

Do you realise that if someone goes into the back of you, whilst you are doing that, does not automatically make them at fault? It just takes one witness to step forward to confirm you were driving like a **** and breaking hard for no reason and the claim will go over to the insurers fraud team as a slam-on/induced accident investigation.

The Trooper 1815 26 September 2014 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11524302)
And that is clever how? :cuckoo:

Why not just get out of the way if they want to go faster?

When you do a speed awareness course this tactic is recommended if you are being tailgated. But only if you have a complete knob who does it when your trying to overtake.

You can also call 999 on a mobile if you feel your being threatened.