Notices
Phil Mills The official blog of Phil Mills, co-driver to Petter Solberg, lead Subaru driver for the Subaru World Rally Team (SWRT)

MONTE CARLO 2007

Old 23 January 2007, 11:33 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MONTE CARLO 2007

Well, I would have liked to have delivered my first ScoobyNet Blog to you all with a win, but alas, our end result didn't really do justice to our performance. Mixing it with the Fords on dry tarmac isn't to be sniffed at though, so all round, we're very very pleased.

We ran round in 100% dry conditions, I can't remember how long its been since that happened. Two days after the finish and all those stages were covered in 10cm of snow!! How different that would have been!

It was good to see a few of you ScoobyNetters out on the stages, along with the many thousands of fans lining the roads, and at the Monaco Super Special on Sunday (maybe a result of not charging? Take note other organisers!). It always gives Petter and I a great boost to see you cheering us on.

The Super Special was great actually, giving us the chance to drive those famous
Monaco streets flat out. During recce, we were all out of the circuit at the same time, which was fun. We had a bit of a moment on the second lap where we had to do a donut to recover from a big spin, but the crowds loved it!

What now? Well, we're off to
Italy to do some testing for Mexico next week, and then snow testing around the arctic circle, so we're busy like hell. Then straight to Sweden and Norway for the rallies, which means we won't be home for three and half weeks! That's a long time!!

Lets see what the two snow events bring us... Off to pack my thermals!

Phil
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PhilMills.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	212   Click image for larger version

Name:	subaruwrc.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	214  

Last edited by ex-webby; 30 January 2007 at 03:59 PM.