Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

MRC'd Nogaro Blue Audi S3 BAM - 82k miles

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2014, 09:43 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRC'd Nogaro Blue Audi S3 BAM - 82k miles

Hi there.

I am finally getting around to putting up our lovely Nogaro Blue 53 plate Audi S3. Taxed until 06/2014, MOT until 11/2014.

Pretty high spec list and full Audi Service history up to 66k miles, then AmD and MRC Service history under our ownership.

I bought this car in 12/2012 for Madam and it was her daily runner up until just over a week ago. I could write out one of my usual EPIC adverts but for now, I will keep this one fairly condensed:

General Info:

82628 miles as of 04/02/2014
225 BAM engine
Ivory leather interior
Heated Front Seats
Heated Mirrors
Reverse Parking Sensors
Cruise Control - Installed by NHN
Audi single DIN Head Unit with 6 Disc CD Changer and Bose Sound System
18" Alloys with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric2 Tyres

Modifications (Off the top of my head as of tonight due to leaving the car folder at work!), all during my ownership, car was 100% standard before:

MRC Stage2 remap to 280 BHP/303 ftlbs torque
AmD Sports Cat (free flowing and sails through MOT)
Milltek Non-Resonated Full Exhaust System
Badger5 Throttle Intake Pipe system with Heatshield and BMC Dual intake Induction Cone
Badger5 Phenolic Inlet Manifold Spacer
Forge Recirc Valve
Superpro uprated bushes all round, including Steering Rack
Superpro Uprated Gearbox Mount (removed from the car as madam didn't like the increase in cabin noise), but included in the sale
Higher CCA battery put in for the hell of it
3M Window Tinting professionally applied all round (one higher than the darkest shade on the rears, very lightest shade available applied to the fronts)
Aero Wiper mode front/rear
Custom S3 mats
LED Interior lights
Fully 4 wheel laser aligned

Service History:

06/2005 - 16299 Miles - Carrs Audi Truro
04/2007 - 32382 Miles - Poole Audi
01/2009 - 45439 Miles - Poole Audi
04/2010 - 56712 Miles - Slough Audi - Timing belt changed
07/2011 - 65589 Miles - Slough Audi
12/2012 - 75367 Miles - AmD Essex - Including Haldex Service
09/2013 - 80422 Miles - MRC Tuning

General upkeep:

07/2013 - SJB Autotech - Aircon Service with Deoderization, Replaced OS/NS door seals, replaced broken window guide on NS window regulator
12/2012 - New Battery purchased
12/2012 New dipstick/dipstick guide purchased
09/2013 - MRC - Assorted vacuum hoses replaced, washer bottle and headlight level sensor replaced

There have been a few things during our ownership that I have had fixed at no expense. When I purchased this car for madam I paid a bit over 7k and have spent 6k or so in upkeep and mods in 14 months of trouble-free ownership. The car has been utterly dependable as expected. Only selling as I sold my Scooby, got bad news regarding my cancer and decided to treat the other half to another car instead of ploughing everything in to house saving. She chose a RS4, then decided that she far preferred the power of my 6 and the auto box, so lumbered me with the 4!

Beautiful to drive, everything is tight and she is VERY torquey, so very easy to have power on tap for overtaking etc. Very easy to cruise around in too but she also goes like a banshee, but with excellent fuel economy to boot. As with all my cars, ONLY ever run on Tesco 99 or V Power, no exception ever made to that rule in this household.

Bad points:

There are a few little stone chips "road rash" on the front/bonnet area as you would expect. I have ordered touch up paint twice and both have been nowhere near the noggy blue so I gave up. I have ordered some more this week and hope it will actually match. I will then touch up what I can.

A plastic trim piece under where the bootlid closes has started to lift a bit, madam didn't tell me. I have made inquiries about this and expect to have it ordered tomorrow.

MRC (yes, I love them to bits but they aren't always perfect lol), lost a foam pad about the driver's headlight when they had it all off while replacing a washer tank, I totally forgot to order the replacement but have inquired today, expect to have it ordered tomorrow.

The worst point, but a stupidly common one on these. The stupid plastic door blade on the bottom of the driver's door is coming away from its mounting. They all do it at some point in their lives and as I didn't drive the car myself (plus it was while I was on chemo), I just didn't have the will to drill out the screws and epoxy it together to repair it. I should have fixed it during the summer but the Scooby took up pretty well all my time! I have inquired as to how much a replacement blade is but they are stupid, stupid money, hence why pretty well everyone just repairs them flawlessly! It has barely got any worse since I bought the car in all fairness but still annoyed with myself for not doing it during better weather!

That is all that I can think of for bad points.

The number plate IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE. I applied to put it on retention last week and the paperwork should hopefully be here by the weekend. Expect her to be on WK53 FMM when back.

Ok, pictures:

Ok, the price £6500. It is at the higher end of the scale but I will be surprised if anyone really argues with it given the overall condition and work done to it, she is hardly your standard issue S3. I do also have a RNS-E retrofit kit waiting to go in to it but NHN is out of the country at present and that is NOT included in the sale either as the parts alone cost me well over £600.

I am in Farnham, Surrey and the car can be viewed any time from Sunday onwards as I work locally too. I will give it a day perhaps before putting this up on Pistonheads.

Cheers,

Nick
Old 05 February 2014, 10:02 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car. GLWTS Nick.