Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

Golf mk4 estate

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2013, 05:52 PM
grizz237
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golf mk4 estate

After two years over of owning our daily car it is now up for sale as should be picking a new motor up at weekend, Seat altea sport
We purchaced the car from a 70 year old who had owned it from new, He had the car imported as he wanted a spec that the uk would not supply.

its a 2001 115pd tdi se. It has climate control and electric sun roof, cruise control, 4x electric windows etc.

Start with the bad

The car has various dings and scrapes Worst was caused by some p***k in tesco that drove off whilst the wife was shopping . Has creased the wing and bottom of passenger door. Slight bubble on bottom of arch, been there for two years and hasnt increased, Has v6 4 motion front spliter which the wife has hit on a curb so paint flake in places, needs re seating. Still looks good cleaned up, Could do with new temp senser as some times around 80 degs it idles a tad rough, blip throttle and is fine, I had changed it with the green one as i was advised to, runned fine but temp gauge read 110Deg which bugged me more so put original back in, Also needs glow plugs or fuel filter as some mornings takes more than a turn to start, starts fine after the first start, was told seal on fuel filter could cause fuel to creap bk to tank if left awhile, or most likely glow plugs, never bothered me as always starts after a few secs. The car has coilovers on which i have lifted higher now and put standard springs on rear as got a caravan (only 750Kg which we have used twice and pulled with ease, last week was the 2nd time) springs will be included in sale if u want to lower her again. the drop links make a noise over rough ground at low speeds, been the same on my seats and skodas,

Some good points

Only £135 to tax a year 50+mpg just turned 110k which is lowish for a 2001 car,FSH jom coil overs 17" tt alloys in good nick, tinted windows, tow bar, mot next year tax for a while.

Well rabbited on for a bit but trying to be hounest. It has been used mainly by my wife with the two kids in the back, here are some pics ill drop a before and low in first, of how she looked before highered.

Price £1750ono

Last edited by grizz237; 16 April 2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 16 April 2013, 06:00 PM
grizz237
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by grizz237; 16 April 2013 at 06:01 PM.