Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

'99 SV650 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2012, 11:08 AM
jr758774c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 SV650 for sale

This is currently on Ebay, Item number: 11093446813 but I'll recreate the ad here

Here is my SV650, its used as my primary mode of transport, so it is inherently extremely reliable! I bought it about a year ago after conceding to my wife that my R1 was not the best commuter in the world, and after obtaining a few extra points on my license one day on my way to work, I decided to ditch the R1 and buy something a bit for comfy and not so likely to assist in loosing my license.
The SV650 is an extremely under rated bike - I've had about 20 different bikes in my time, and I would say that if you were looking for an all rounder, something thats quick, powerfull, extremely easy to ride and very forgiving in the corners, then I would say this bike is probably one of the best choices available. Yes the 77bhp isn't going to set your world on fire, but the V-Twin has stacks of torque available at any point in the rev range and it still hangs in there against the other 600's around!
I knock up around 200+ Miles a week, She's ridden every day, in all types of wind, rain, snow etc... and this bike has never (With the exception of last year in the snow when the battery just died) let me down. Consequently she does have a few miles on her (35K) but the engine is still running strong with no nasty noises and the gears still select smoothly with no issues etc... I'm a bit of a spanner monkey, so I have serviced her myself every 2.5K miles with new oil, filters and plugs! I have recently swapped out the Cam Chain Tensioner on the front cylinder, as the old one was worn (Like a lot of them do) and was making a god awful racket! The battery was replaced with the upgraded part (Battery from its big brother the TL1000) early this year and at the same time I fitted some Oxford heated grips and replaced the rear tyre. I have also fitted a road legal Delkevic exhaust, which sounds amazing! Its got a removable baffle for MOT time (Which was used last month when it flew through its MOT)
So as she stands now she's ready for someone to take her away and either enjoy her as a weekend toy (As it is very good in the twisties) or just use her as I did as a ultra reliable commuter. She needs nothing doing and it ready to go!

In the interest of honesty, it is worth noting that as with most bikes that are 13 yrs old there are a few items to note. Firstly, the front nose cone is a slightly different shade of blue. In most pics and most lights, you wont see it, but in the shade at certain angles you can make it out - I have put a pic up that shows the difference. Its not a big issue, but its worth noting! Also when the bike was 4 yrs old, it was subject to a Category D insurance claim. This has never bothered me, and the previous owner failed to mention it, but again in the interest of honesty its worth noting!

That's basically it! Its a ready to go, quick, reliable and comfy bike that has served me well for the past year or so, but I'm getting into green laning now, so after this sells, I'll be looking to buy something dual purpose that I can use to commute and go green laning at the weeknds - Something like a KTM, CRF, Husqvana etc... So if you have something like that and you want to "go the other way" and get a road bike, maybe we can sort something out - All within Ebay rules of course!

The bike is available to view during the day at my workplace in Havant (Nr Portsmouth) and in the evening and weekends at my house in Gosport. Any inspection is welcome, however if you are wanting to test ride it, please bring proof of Fully Comprehensive insurance for THIS bike and you will be asked to leave the full asking price in cash as a deposit!

Price, considering the miles and history is a very reasonable £700 Firm!

Last edited by jr758774c; 12 August 2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Title was wrong