Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

Ford Racing Puma

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2012, 01:24 PM
bigtazzsi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Racing Puma

I'm the 4th owner of the car, Ford being the first, so the 3rd true owner and it took me months to find the right one. There are so many examples out there on high and low miles.
The previous owner was a woman who has had the car for the past 5 years i have wallets of history and nearly £10,000+ worth of receipts for parts and labour throughout the years.

Mot/Tax:

Mot: full 12 months
Tax: july 12

Hpi clear. No previous accidents or any outstanding finance on the car.

Exterior/Bodywork:

the car is in good condition bar 3 of the arches where the previous lady owner has scraped them parking, other than this the body work is fine. can easily get them sorted but didnt want anyone to think this car had been damaged etc etc. you can see them in the pics

Brakes/Suspension/Tyres:

Brakes are alcon 4 pot race calipers with 295mm discs, the brakes are excellent and are known to be able to generate 1.1 g in froce under heavy braking, the suspension is the original eibach set up that these cars are renowned for, with no knocks or bangs etc
It has powerflex rear beam bushes and wishbone bushes

The superb 4pot Alcon calipers were refurbished in the last 2 months. No major issues with corrosion inside caliper and all re-painted/re-sealed. The paint used is almost a perfect match for the factory finish, something I was keen to make sure was right. Pads have plenty of life left in then and brake fluid changed at last service. Discs recently skimmed and will see many many more miles, replaced by previous owner.

Full rebuild including pistons seals and 'H'bar plates fitted in 2007. All still in fantastic condition, they will last for a long time yet provided the brakes are looked after.

Performance wise the brakes are easily the best I've used on a road car. On a lighter car like the Frp you could almost say they are overkill. They just inspire confidence in any condition. Stopping power and braking progression are perfectly balanced.

Exhaust/Engine/Gearbox:

The Yamaha sourced 155bhp engine is strong and smooth. With a Father who has nearly 20 years experience as a Ford Master Technician and a Brother currently one, the car and engine has been religiously serviced and checked. The engine itself uses next to no oil, something standard Puma owners have complained of in the past as the engine gets older. Mostly down to poor servicing I believe.

The Ib5 gearbox that Ford fitted to quite a few cars around that era is quite simply a work of art. In comparison to gearboxes released around the same time and even today to some extent it is leagues ahead. Always feels taught, the tight gears, short shift and a fantastically weighted clutch all add to the overall driving experience.

The clutch and thrust bearing was only replaced at around 70,000 miles and still feels perfect in use. I've never been hard on the car to cause much wear to the clutch or gearbox if I'm honest.

The Janspeed sourced OE system is simply fantastic. unobtrusive whilst driving at town speed, a total animal above roughly 3.5k and gets better the further you get up the rev range. With it's character defining pops and crackles on the over-run it really does brings out the inner child on every journey. the only change is a pumabuild 4 branch stainless manifold as the originals are no longer availible

Interior:

The superb standard Sparco Torino seats are in fantastic condition for their age. Drivers seat has been protected with a seat cover for 99% of use. Sadly there are two small marks on bolster from previous owners. Passenger side seat unmarked. the alcantara has the usuall bobbly effect but nothing bad at all
Carpets, seats and mats recently deep cleaned using a wet and dry vac system
Standard 6000e single disc CD player

Standard equipment consisting of:

Electric windows
Electric heated Mirrors
Heated both Front and Rear screens, fantastic for the winter
Air conditioning, ice cold after being recently re-gassed

Supplementary Extras:

•2 keys.
original locknut and frp brochure

mileage is 106k

*Large folders full of reciepts. These include documentation when the car was registered with Ford in 2001, Mot certificates and tax discs going back to 03', and general maintenance carried out over the years.

This is the cheapest Frp on the net at the moment, any questions don't hesitate to all or email me.
May px why

£3995

pics to follow
Old 12 June 2012, 06:42 PM
bigtazzsi
Scooby Regular

Btw i am open to sensible offers and swaps
Old 12 June 2012, 11:48 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Cracking car fella. I always thought these would make a great track car as they are! Saying that cos there rare would you want to..... Prob not.

GLWTS buddy!
Old 13 June 2012, 08:21 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Does look very nice GLWTS

Old 13 June 2012, 09:23 AM
bigtazzsi
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys, i must say its handles like nothing else! But yh i dont think i could put one on a track, im ideally after a bug sti in a swap
Old 20 June 2012, 08:48 AM
bigtazzsi
Scooby Regular

Bump. Open to sensible offers, try me
Old 22 June 2012, 12:35 PM
bigtazzsi
Scooby Regular

Price drop £ 3750 ono if collected this weekend forgot to mention have both original keys every mot from new and tax discs etc