Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

2001 PEUGEOT 406 RAPIER HDI (90) SILVER WITH ECO CHIP *** GREAT MPG **

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2012, 05:43 PM
tommy_555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 PEUGEOT 406 RAPIER HDI (90) SILVER WITH ECO CHIP *** GREAT MPG **

A good friend of mine is wanting to sell his 2.0i Diesel HDi Peugeot 406 Rapier and has asked me to list it on here on his behalf. The car is in really good condition as you can see in the pics and my guess is that it is one of the best 2001 406's that you will find.

I have travelled in the car many times and have also used the car myself. I found it to be qiuet nippy with torque when required yet it is very economical.

Below is a table showing the standard HDi's performance, but remember that this car has had an Eco Chip fitted to improve the car's fuel economy.

Fuel consumption (Urban): 38.1 mpg

Fuel consumption (Extra urban): 64.2 mpg

Fuel consumption (Combined): 51.3 mpg

0 - 62 mph: 14.5 seconds

Top speed: 112 mph

Cylinders: 4

Valves: 8 v

Engine power: 90 bhp

Engine torque: 154 lbs/ft

The only reason for the sale is that due to an expanding family, he has had to buy a seven seater Vauxhall Zafira, otherwise he would have kept the car. It has been maintained to a very high standard and due to this he has kept a very very good mpg.

Although the car has slightly high miles it is still below average for the age of the car, but if you test drive the car you will see that due to it being a pamperd car it still drives like new. Most of the miles have been done on the motorway as the car was used to commute between Grimsby and London at a nice steady speed of around 65-70 mph.

The interior is nice and clean with no nasty stains or smells and is very roomy as is the boot, it is a very large boot for a saloon car, dunno how many bodies you can fit in it though lol.

Brakes are good, tyres are good, the whole car is great, so to sum it up the car is ready to get in and drive straight away (as it is currently taxed, tested and insured).

The car does have a tow bar on it with twin electric points but this was bought second hand and was only bought to pull a small trailer. I found it was cheaper to buy this one for him off Ebay than buy a single point, but if you intend to pull a caravan then it's your bonus I suppose. Apparently the car has a pull load of 1500 kg so is more than adequate to pull a caravan if you have one. Steve has never had any intention of having a caravan, just his little trailer if he needed to go to the local tip. Handy to keep on if you have a little one like Steve eh ;o)

*NOTE* It has just come up to needing a small service and the road tax is due at the end of May but if the asking price is paid the Steve is willing to get the service done and also tax the car for a further six months.

If you have any questins or offers then please feel free to call Steve on 07719110001

You are more than free to do a Hpi check on the car or send the RAC or AA to come and give the car a full check as he has nothing to hide with this car.

The new owner will be getting a stunning car that has MPG that most people can only dream about (i'm included in that too but I've also got a Zafira or I would have bought it from him).

In this economic climate please........

**BEWARE,THIS IS A MUST HAVE BARGAIN**

He's asking £1395 ono (pics can be foung on the bay : 170844435956 )
Old 03 June 2012, 07:27 PM
tommy_555
Scooby Regular

£1295 ONO
Old 01 July 2012, 12:43 PM
tommy_555
Scooby Regular

The owner has reduced the price on a new listing and now also added six months tax, but if you guys made an offer telling him that you are from Scoobynet he will accept closer to the £1000 mark than the asking price. New listing number:170870392970