Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

2008 08 Mazda RX8 (231) Velocity red, 1 previous owner.

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2011, 10:02 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 08 Mazda RX8 (231) Velocity red

Mazda RX8, 54K miles. One previous owner from new.

This has to be one of the cheapest 2008 231bhp RX8's on the market!!!!

I will post up some more pictures when I can.

Here goes the info and description ....

Full UK main dealer history.
14K miles on 20.11.2008,
26K miles 24.06.2009,
39K miles 02.03.2010,
50K miles 11.03.2011.

At the last service as well as a full 50k miles service the front and rear brake discs and pads where changed.The front tyres still have lots of tread on as well. I have all the receipts for this. This starts first time, everytime. I've been getting approx 25-29mpg. It is a proper 4 door, 4 seater Coupe.

6 speed manual gearbox, heated front seats, red and black leather interior, Xenon Headlights, BOSE sound system, 6 CD Changer, climate control, electric drivers seat with electric lumber support, exterior under door mirror lights, Interior door lights, driver and passenger airbags, traction controls, anti lock brakes, electric mirrors, front fog lights and an alarm & immobilizer.

The following options were ordered with this car from new at a cost of £1.5K, Velocity Red Paint, Aluminium Air outlet fins and scuff plates, interior decal set and alloy pedal set, centre console lids front and rear, leather illuminated gear stick, leather handbrake, passenger front footwell alloy metal foot rest plate, two tone leather steering wheel, luxury car mat set and supaguard paint protection.

This does have few inevitable small paint chips which are barely visible but there is one paint chip on the front bumper that is (please see picture). In addition the other body work faults that I have found is two scratches on the near side front wing. Both in the picture, one above the wheel arch and the other, which is a lesser scratch on top of the same wing. This was caused by a nail in an airgun hose, which has scratched the paint when used to pump the tyre up with the hose being extended over the car. The next fault is one of the vent fins on the offside front of the car, the coating has started to peel off, this is also shown in the picture. There is a scuff on the underside of the front nearside bumper, which i assume has been caused by a kerb but unless you look at the car from the ground you cant see it and there is one remaining very very minor dent on the passenger door which I assume is someone inconsiderately opening there door on the car in a car park.
The interior is in very good condition but there is small nic on the leather of the base of the passenger seat which must be from a clip on some jeans I assume.

I bought this 2 months ago as I knew the previous owner but I should of bought want I wanted in the first place, which is a 4x4 of some sort.

HPI clear with recent certificate, log book (in my name) mot, taxed ready to drive away.

£6k might px/swop

Car is located nr Basingstoke

Last edited by 47 NAT; 18 October 2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added more pictures
Old 28 September 2011, 08:55 PM
fastboyslim
Scooby Regular

How the hell do you get 25/29mpg out of a 231?
Old 28 September 2011, 09:33 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Should of been 25/26 not 29.
Just been online and taxed it as it runs out at then end of this month.
Old 01 October 2011, 07:50 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

Have the coil packs and plugs been replaced recently? also have you had a compression test done, if so what were the readings at what revs please?
Does the car have any starting issues hot or cold ?
I believe you only got the car a few month back so why are you selling so quickly?

Also does this engine have the extra oil injector fitted?
Has the car been fitted with the larger starter motor?

Sorry for all the questions but i looked at quite a few of these and paid out for a couple of compression tests where ive had to walk away due to low results.
thanks

Last edited by st3v3; 01 October 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10 October 2011, 01:32 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by st3v3
Have the coil packs and plugs been replaced recently? also have you had a compression test done, if so what were the readings at what revs please?
Does the car have any starting issues hot or cold ?
I believe you only got the car a few month back so why are you selling so quickly?

Also does this engine have the extra oil injector fitted?
Has the car been fitted with the larger starter motor?

Sorry for all the questions but i looked at quite a few of these and paid out for a couple of compression tests where ive had to walk away due to low results.
thanks
Hi, just come back from hols and couldn't reply from where I was. In answer to your questions and in case anyone else needs to know.

Nope, not had a comp check as it starts first time, every time. It's had 4 main dealer services in just over 3 years which tally up with the mileage service request instead of the age - as it does have above average mileage. All services have had what they needed doing on it done. It won't need servicing, mot or tax till next year. Just fill it up with fuel, check the oil every other tank and away you go.
Starter motor's were I believe up graded from a few years back so won't affect a 2008 model year? Not sure about the extra oil injector but I checked with Mazda in Basingstoke before buying this and all was ok apart from there screen didn't show the 3rd service but I have receipts, etc for that so it was not entered on the system. I was given the option of having a play with it before buying and checking everything was ok.
I know on the RX8 forum they can make you paranoid to hell about nearly everything on these beauties.

I have a WRX that you might be able to see in some of the pics and don't need two hoover wallets - as enjoyable they both are. The wife would prefer a 4x4 of some sort so when the next lot of snow hits us we can still get out about as we live in a Village.

I'd say I've priced it right and been brutally honest - if not too brutal to sell it. Any other questions then ask away .....
Old 16 October 2011, 02:06 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Have now bought a CRV so I would part ex with an Sti or modded wrx. My wrx is bog standard and standard power is boring.

why?